Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 11:46 PM   #1
Goodels
2013 Camaro 1LT

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT
Question Why so Much Hate on The V6?

My parents and I bought me a Camaro recently. We were getting me an early graduation present due to the fact my Avalanche was more money to repair than to to keep. In all, I was tryingnot to spend to much money on a car, and my parents said I could have anything that costed under 26k. So, I decided to go with a V6 Camaro; because I fell in love with the Camaro as I drove past it all the time in my Avalanche. I liked the way it looked and I wanted one with the 2010-13 rear lights so I got a basically new 2013 Camaro with only 12k miles on it. I knew in my heart I wanted a V8 but I can only offered a V6 and I thought "Hey, a Camaro is a Camaro and everyone would love it." Well, was I wrong. As soon as I took it to school the next day all I got was "HA it isn't a V8? It isn't even worth it." and that's all I saw online too. Yes, there were people though who wanted me to give them rides (and I am, for a fee of course ) also, these same people totally loved my Camaro too! Even if it was a V6! but there were still more a majority that gave me hate for it, I don't get it! Why so much hate on the V6? It's one of the fastest Camaros out there; but it still gets hate. I don't understand. I also see some members on here sadly hate on the V6, which really does sadden me. It does make me wonder sometimes why I bought the V6 if there is so much hate about it. I have thought once or twice about asking my parents if I could trade it in for a V8, but that would be completely stupid. I'm happy with it just not the hate I get with it. I love my Camaro and wouldn't want anything else. I do plan on upgrading to a V8 in a few years though; when I can make the money or meet my parents half way with the money. Either or, I plan to stay a Camaro guy for life.

Sorry for the long post! Thanks for reading

Last edited by Goodels; 09-01-2014 at 11:58 PM.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:53 PM   #2
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Not another v6 vs thread....op its going to be good.....
Old 09-01-2014, 11:56 PM   #3
Aequitas & Veritas

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS, 2009 GTR
Because some people are just idiots, i.e. don't know Camaros or specifically only have one view and refuse to see other points.

I see it this way. It's all the person, if they are true car guys/gals doesnt matter what's under the hood. It's all about the driver and how they feel about cars, that is what truly shows.

If I see an SS I don't say why didn't you get a 1LE or a ZL1 or a Z28.
or
If I see a CTS I don't instinctivly say why didn't you get a CTS-V.

And there is a V6 lounge on here that has a lot of 6 owners that post frequently all the time.

But there will always be hate in life from both those who are jealous and those who look down. Just be you and love your Camaro in your own way and enjoy it!
Old 09-02-2014, 12:00 AM   #4
Goodels
2013 Camaro 1LT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aequitas & Veritas View Post
Because some people are just idiots, i.e. don't know Camaros or specifically only have one view and refuse to see other points.

I see it this way. It's all the person, if they are true car guys/gals doesnt matter what's under the hood. It's all about the driver and how they feel about cars, that is what truly shows.

But there will always be hate in life from both those who are jealous and those who look down. Just be you and love your Camaro in your own way and enjoy it!
Thanks, I mean I love my Camaro and I post in the V6 thread. I actually have a thread going right now in there, I just keep seeing all the hate on the V6 online and in person (mostly online) and I don't understand why.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:22 AM   #5
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
Ask your High School friends what brand new car do they drive -
People just want to take from your happiness or want to justify their purchase.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:38 AM   #6
2Fast4Mu
Nothing is True

Drives: Black 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by i2disturbedSS View Post
Ask your High School friends what brand new car do they drive -
People just want to take from your happiness or want to justify their purchase.
You're 100% right here...

On the other hand, if my parents bought me a $26k car, I'd be ecstatic

Still, OP has a point (discussed 238924379 times here on C5)... When people see mine, their first question is if it's an 8cyl...their second question is if it's stick...........many of which drive neither and probably couldn't lol. I honestly don't understand the source of this question coming from people who drive sedans and have no interest in cars as a hobby.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:48 AM   #7
CruisingSpeed
The Stealth Bumblebee

Drives: Black 2013 2LS
I agree with A&V over there. It doesn't matter what type of engine you got. Whether others choose a v6 or v8 is up to them. They all have their own reasons. Since you were lucky enough for your parents to PURCHASE you a brand new sports, muscle, pony car or what have you, I would truly respect you even if I were driving a Veyron. There is another feud on what a v6 should be called btw. There are ones who choose cars because they are quick such as a v8 but never release all their power. Such as a old man driving a brand new Aventador and never exceeding 5,000 rpm. Then there are those who mod and detail their car to the max regardless of engine size. Those are who I respect. Now if you were buzzing around in a Kia or Prius then you are asking for hate! I've had a neighbor with a supercharged CTS-V come up to me and compliment me. And I still had the steelies. Why was that, well cause I was washing the whole day, cleaning the little plastic six banger engine cover, and waxing shaking my ass off. I don't see quite many others around doing that.
Now I have to say if you do get any crap at school about it being a six then ask what they drive and how it performs and how many oil changes has it gone through.
- Youtubers are IMO a bunch of camaro declined 10 year old dummies .
- And on here you have to remember most are from the era where a v8 muscle car was the only muscle car. And well they cant transition out of the 60s or 70s into today's time because that's when they felt young so there going to stay there.
- Also there's the v8s on here that respect others and have come to realize if we weren't car enthusiasts whether 6 or 8 cylinders we would never be on this fricken site in the first place.
- And then there's us here on the V6 lounge who talk about the same old crap... Lol come on in btw... there's enough reserved spots, double parking is encouraged!!!LFX PARKING ONLY
Old 09-02-2014, 12:58 AM   #8
salva

Drives: 2014 LS
Don't worry about the hate. Gas is insanely expensive and the added maintenance costs of the v8 is not worth it. Also, how often do you race your v8? once a month? not worth it.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:03 AM   #9
damian559

Drives: 2015 1SS, 1LE, Recaro, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by salva View Post
Don't worry about the hate. Gas is insanely expensive and the added maintenance costs of the v8 is not worth it. Also, how often do you race your v8? once a month? not worth it.
About 5 times day.
12.1 @ 117 (Motor)
11.7 @ 129 (Nitrous)
Nitrous Outlet Single Nozzle Kit | Stand Alone Fuel Cell w/ C16 | Custom Grind Cam | Stainless Power 1 7/8 LT Headers | CAI Intake | ATI Super Damper | BMR Trailing Arms & Toe Links | Prothane Polyurethane Sub-frame Bushings | JDP Upper Control Arm Bushings | MT Drag Radials | Tuned by SS Motorsports
Youtube Channel:
Click Here
Old 09-02-2014, 01:03 AM   #10
salva

Drives: 2014 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by damian559 View Post
About 5 times day.
Sounds like you're in the minority.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:05 AM   #11
Goodels
2013 Camaro 1LT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisingSpeed View Post
I agree with A&V over there. It doesn't matter what type of engine you got. Whether others choose a v6 or v8 is up to them. They all have their own reasons. Since you were lucky enough for your parents to PURCHASE you a brand new sports, muscle, pony car or what have you, I would truly respect you even if I were driving a Veyron. There is another feud on what a v6 should be called btw. There are ones who choose cars because they are quick such as a v8 but never release all their power. Such as a old man driving a brand new Aventador and never exceeding 5,000 rpm. Then there are those who mod and detail their car to the max regardless of engine size. Those are who I respect. Now if you were buzzing around in a Kia or Prius then you are asking for hate! I've had a neighbor with a supercharged CTS-V come up to me and compliment me. And I still had the steelies. Why was that, well cause I was washing the whole day, cleaning the little plastic six banger engine cover, and waxing shaking my ass off. I don't see quite many others around doing that.
Now I have to say if you do get any crap at school about it being a six then ask what they drive and how it performs and how many oil changes has it gone through.
- Youtubers are IMO a bunch of camaro declined 10 year old dummies .
- And on here you have to remember most are from the era where a v8 muscle car was the only muscle car. And well they cant transition out of the 60s or 70s into today's time because that's when they felt young so there going to stay there.
- Also there's the v8s on here that respect others and have come to realize if we weren't car enthusiasts whether 6 or 8 cylinders we would never be on this fricken site in the first place.
- And then there's us here on the V6 lounge who talk about the same old crap... Lol come on in btw... there's enough reserved spots, double parking is encouraged!!!LFX PARKING ONLY
Honestly, thank you to everyone! I mean, a lot of them drive their parents Mercedes and boast about its V6 power while I come in with more power then them. I even caught up to a Mercedes Turbo (very surprising for me and the kid in front of me). I hate the hate though, it does bring me down. But, I'm ectastic that my parents bought me this car. I seriously want to mod the hell out of it. It's my baby and my own little project makes me smile just thinking about how lucky I was to get a camaro of all things! that my parents bought for me. But, what I do find funny is when the lexus kids at my school talk shit about my car. I laugh at it, it does get me a little annoyed. I go to private school and I try not to be that spoiled brat like the rest of them. I don't drive a new Mercedes like them, in fact my parents have 1999s I'm the one with the newest car. But honestly thanks for the support guys.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:12 AM   #12
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodels View Post
Honestly, thank you to everyone! I mean, a lot of them drive their parents Mercedes and boast about its V6 power while I come in with more power then them. I even caught up to a Mercedes Turbo (very surprising for me and the kid in front of me). I hate the hate though, it does bring me down. But, I'm ectastic that my parents bought me this car. I seriously want to mod the hell out of it. It's my baby and my own little project makes me smile just thinking about how lucky I was to get a camaro of all things! that my parents bought for me. But, what I do find funny is when the lexus kids at my school talk shit about my car. I laugh at it, it does get me a little annoyed. I go to private school and I try not to be that spoiled brat like the rest of them. I don't drive a new Mercedes like them, in fact my parents have 1999s I'm the one with the newest car. But honestly thanks for the support guys.

Well im done here.....kids getting new cars then complaining about it because other kids that have new cars dont llike it. Ive said it before..we should have a kids section for them to play while the adults talk.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:15 AM   #13
Camaro310

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS Fully loaded
V8
Old 09-02-2014, 01:21 AM   #14
CruisingSpeed
The Stealth Bumblebee

Drives: Black 2013 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Well im done here.....kids getting new cars then complaining about it because other kids that have new cars dont llike it. Ive said it before..we should have a kids section for them to play while the adults talk.
^ ^

Old fart exhibit A. Lol
It not about old vs young. It's 6 vs 8. 6 wins financially and with practicality. Speed, power, and exhaust note... Well you can't beat a v8. Well yeah a ZL1 can. You 8s too chicken to buy a ZL1 or what? Ha ha ha ha

I must say I do get a little snobby in the CLK!

Closed Thread

Tags
camaro v6, discussion, hate