Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-15-2014, 07:41 PM   #71
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
some of you guys make it sound like they sold his first born or something.
What it amounts to is intimidation, plain and simple.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 07:55 PM   #72
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
For the car

That hurts
Ace0751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 09:10 PM   #73
dgriddick

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Hes a maintenance guy.. no a lawyer.. get one .. sue to replace the car.. the ywill wish they fixed it.. What if this was a child walking under the gate... Its a safety issue
dgriddick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 07:16 AM   #74
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
I think you guys are overblowing it a bit. his employer views it as an issue between the property management company and the OP, they aren't going to get involved. but, the management company has, right or wrong, said they aren't at fault, and went even farther and told the OP's employer that also. I'm sure they did that because they also know how important their business is to the OP's employer. for that reason they've simply asked the OP to "take one for the team" and pay the bill himself.

now, of course a more stand up company would offer to pay the damages themselves. But unless the OP has a very high deductible on his insurance, this isn't going to cost him that much. for job he loves with a very good salary, I don't think it's that hard to justify. just the cost of doing business. again, it's not like he has an $8.50 an hour job at McDonald's. he's probably pulling down six figure at this place.

some of you guys make it sound like they sold his first born or something.
There are two separate issues.

1. With his boss because he is asking the OP not pursue this with the client because of fears of reprisals toward the OP's company. There is actually nothing wrong with doing that as long as you pick up the tab and the boss is not. He's a POS and his company is better off without him.

2. The client's facility manager who is sweeping an obvious safety issue with the broken gate under the rug. Since the OP does not work for his company, he owes no loyalty to the OP but he does owe the due diligence to his company to get the gate fixed or at least looked at so his company does not get crucified in a future lawsuit. Since the cost of the OP's repairs don't come out of his pocket, he should also do his job and process the claim. Therefore, he is also a POS.

This all comes down to two guys who don't want to do the right thing or even their jobs for that matter. I'm not saying the OP should look for other work. That is up to him. However, as a manager, would I consider a piece of equipment malfunctioning and damaging property with a potential for human injury serious, youbetcha.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 09:06 AM   #75
bb040

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS red jewl tintcoat
Jason you think with all the money they make they would make this right but i guess they spent it all on purple and orange paint....our car is in the shop right now because of a small wreck