Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 05-29-2014, 08:49 AM   #57
Sikoriko

Drives: 2011 V6 IOM
For the piping, I never drilled any holes just cut off the ends. saved abunch of time, kept a small piece for the air temp sensor
Sikoriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 10:16 AM   #58
paraphlax

Drives: 2012 LFX Bumblebee IPF Supercharged
Correct me if I am wrong please but I would think it would be better to have it dyno tuned to reach the kits max capabilities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-29-2014, 10:47 AM   #59
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Depending on who you talk to and how you use your car. For most just doing a data recording while putting your car through a good runin will get a lot out of the kit.
A dyno really just runs up to wot. Not necessarily how most would drive their car.
Either way is better than a canned tune. Arno is able to get your recorded data and adjust the IPF tune.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:49 AM   #60
paraphlax

Nice! Thank you this is great to know!

Old 05-29-2014, 01:01 PM   #61
wutshotDJroomba

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS/SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBM camaro View Post
Easy install 6 hours or so don't mess up on the power steering ask me how I know
Lol alright How do you know not to mess up on the power steering?
"....Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”
-Bruce Lee
wutshotDJroomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 09:01 PM   #62
wutshotDJroomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
Very easy to install, major parts will be taking the front bumper off, cutting the holes for the intercooler piping and extending the MAF wires. Installing the Supercharger bracket is easy, but take your time torqueing it in a clockwise fashion.

It won't take long to install, but I would take the time and double check the work.
When extending the MAF wires did you just use the connections provided or did you solder them together? Are the connectors provided sufficient enough?

Also anyone know about when the kits will ship now?
"....Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”
-Bruce Lee
Old 06-02-2014, 07:37 AM   #63
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
I believe the new IPF kit comes with a plug and play extension for the MAF. I soldered mine and used marine shrink tubing. Crimping is ok but you need to be careful.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:41 PM   #64
IPF-Tuning

Drives: Camaro, CTS-V, Escalade, GMC Sierra
Hey Guys, the first kit shipped on friday, we should have a few more going out mid week and more by weeks end. My appologies again for all the delays, we should not have these problems in the future. Kits will be shipping out in the order they were received.

Thanks!
IPF-Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:55 PM   #65
gutterball

Drives: 2014 1LS M6 Supercharged
Send a message via AIM to gutterball
To have the IPF warranty, your Car has to be almost new, with not much miles on it.
gutterball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 05:09 PM   #66
paraphlax

OH YEA!!! tracking info today will be dropping the car off next weekend to have the kit installed and tuned!!! Cannot wait to get this done for sure!!!
paraphlax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:13 PM   #67
wutshotDJroomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraphlax View Post
OH YEA!!! tracking info today will be dropping the car off next weekend to have the kit installed and tuned!!! Cannot wait to get this done for sure!!!
I'm supposed to receive my tracking info tomorrow. I have express shipping so hopefully I can get it in this weekend before i have to work six days next week, or it'll have to wait another whole week for install. did somebody say call in sick??? haha best of luck to you and s/c.
-Bruce Lee
Old 06-04-2014, 11:19 PM   #68
wutshotDJroomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
I believe the new IPF kit comes with a plug and play extension for the MAF. I soldered mine and used marine shrink tubing. Crimping is ok but you need to be careful.
I won't know this for sure until my kit arrives, but I think I remember seeing a thread on here mentioning they had a plug and play for the LLT, but still didn't have one for the LFX yet. I could be wrong, we shall see. If not, then looks like I will be soldering mine.
-Bruce Lee
Old 06-07-2014, 10:35 PM   #69
paraphlax

"I'm supposed to receive my tracking info tomorrow. I have express shipping so hopefully I can get it in this weekend before i have to work six days next week, or it'll have to wait another whole week for install. did somebody say call in sick??? haha best of luck to you and s/c."

Thank you same to you! Kit came in Friday and I dropped the car off today at Florida Speed & Power!!!

Old 06-08-2014, 04:00 PM   #70
wutshotDJroomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraphlax View Post
"I'm supposed to receive my tracking info tomorrow. I have express shipping so hopefully I can get it in this weekend before i have to work six days next week, or it'll have to wait another whole week for install. did somebody say call in sick??? haha best of luck to you and s/c."

Thank you same to you! Kit came in Friday and I dropped the car off today at Florida Speed & Power!!!

Thanks, post results if you can, Mine should arrive end of day monday according to UPS, unfortunately since I'm doing the installation with myself and a buddy for a second set of hands, I have eleven long days(only six, if I attempt install next sunday) of work ahead of me before I can even touch my camaro, so it will be sitting in box taunting me from across the room.
-Bruce Lee