Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 07-05-2019, 01:58 PM   #15
DjsBadger

Drives: Krypton Green Camaro SS 1LE
I had right rotator cuff in 2003 about a month after purchasing a Lancer Evolution. As a few others noted, it is a pretty painful experience and there is almost zero movement/strength until you get out 4-6 week. I drove probably about 10 days after surgery by shifting with my left hand while holding the steering wheel at the bottom with my right. Certainly, had an emergency situation occurred it could have been bad but I got to the point where I could quickly grab with the right while shifting with the left.
DjsBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 02:39 PM   #16
ron8879

Drives: 2018 Camaro RS
Bad joints run in my family. My 2010 was a manual....loved it.....2018 auto.....cars were bought 10 years apart (2009/2019)and I'm now a decade older too and I know eventually I will need either knee or rotator surgery. Honestly for an everyday driver I love my auto. If I want to place I have the paddle shifters..... Hope you find the relief long term that the surgery can bring.
ron8879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 02:49 PM   #17
Mighty Mouce
Banned

Drives: Camaro
I had a broken collar bone in the 1990s. My car then was a Dodge stick and no way in hell could I drive it. I had to drive my fathers 86' Olds 98 for at least a month. I got spoiled driving that car is so smooth and comfortable. So if a RC is as painful with limited arm movement as mine then NO!
Mighty Mouce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 07:39 AM   #18
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
I had a labrum tear and broken socket bone in my shoulder and had surgery on my shifting side. I couldn't drive a stick as my arm was in a sling and cushion for a month. It had to stay in one position always. The surgery was a breeze, rehab and sleeping in a recliner chair for a month was brutal. Wish you a speedy recovery!
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 09:01 AM   #19
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Hard to say about when you can drive again, but keep doing range of motion and strength exercises a couple times a week minimum, and probably for some years after.

I suffered a near complete tear of Teres Minor and Superspinatus, did not get surgery and Dr. said the muscles will never recover but my body will compensate. After 1.5 years of doing band exercises regularly the muscles started to heal and after 2+ years they are almost fully recovered. You can recover from a lot, but it takes consistent work, possibly for years. After 2.5 years I still have more rehab left, it's 95% back to normal but I can feel it's still not fully healed.
DaveC113 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 12:17 PM   #20
superdave 72

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 2SS Garnet Red
Shoulder replacement surgery (right)

I'm having Right Reverse Shoulder Replacement Surgery in a couple of weeks. Wish it was tomorrow. In such pain ALL THE TIME..can't take it anymore. I know how rehab works.I have been in it several times for Rotator Cuff tears. Should have fixed it then, now I'm paying the price. I have an 18 2SS Auto. I'm 74 in September and Arthritis is tearing me down, I will drive and own Fast Cars as long as I'm still able to walk. I just hope the surgery goes well. I can't wait for the pain to stop!!! "Old Timer" Superdave 72...too many years of Drag Bikes, Hot Cars and Superbike ownership and hard riding on the street . Got rid of my ZX11 Kawi when I was 55.,,It turned 10.32 & 135 Sonoma Raceway just the way I rode it on the street. Lots of GOOD memories. You wanna play, you gotta pay!!
superdave 72 is offline   Reply With Quote