Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Thread Closed

Old 10-10-2014, 02:52 PM   #29
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post

Yes I did. Whats the problem? All I said was that BMW and Porsche have been going for generations now on similar designs successfully.

Why can't a Camaro go two generations on a similar design and not be successful?
I agree with this Blackgloves.. If you look around, many car companies are evolving their most successful models... I dont think GM wants the Camaro to die again.. People will buy the 6th Gen, they will trade up to get one. We all thought the refresh would be a fail. Even I didnt like it at first until I saw one up close and we pulled the trigga and bought one. I think the 6th Gen is going to do well.
Old 10-10-2014, 03:04 PM   #30
MikeT

Drives: 2008 Malibu V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Well, the current Camaro has outsold the Mustang and Challenger every year so you can doubt it all you want but the sales are still very strong. I wouldn't be surprised if the Mustang took the sales crown this year seeing as they have an all new car but 2016 should be the real test.
The next 12 months will be interesting. Ford dealers are selling the new Mustang now, and the press reviews have generally been pretty positive.

However, I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that, over the next 12 months, the new Mustang will NOT outsell the current Camaro...
A couple of reasons...

(1) Price. The Camaro will have a price advantage over the new Mustang. Sure, in theory, the two cars are priced similarly, but dig a little deeper and you see that the Camaro will likely be a much a better buy. Let's say that someone has around $26K to spend. With Chevy dealers willing to deal, I'm sure that you can get a very nicely equipped V6 Camaro for that price. Ford dealers, on the other hand, are going spend the next few months trying to get MSRP or above. So what does your $26K get you? A stripped V6 or Ecoboost model, neither of which offer the hp of GM's V6. Ditto for the buyer with $33K to spend on a V8. Buyers looking for bang for the buck (and frankly such buyers are the bread-and-butter of this segment) will continue to prefer the Camaro.

(2) Exterior Design. Yes, this is subjective, but IMO the new Mustang's design is okay but nothing spectacular. It's not bad looking, but it's not going to blow anyone away either. It just doesn't have a 'wow' factor. From a distance, someone might even mistake one for an Accord coupe.
Old 10-10-2014, 03:05 PM   #31
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
I just don't like that they skimmed off alot of the curves that gave the car it's personality. It looks a bit domesticated and ricey now. The "thick" look of the current gen is even more pronounced.

Hopefully it'll look alot better with a paint job.
Old 10-10-2014, 03:18 PM   #32
91Zman

Drives: '13 1SS/RS IOM white stripes
Quote:
The 4th gen was DOA so GM wasn't going to put any money into it. The only significant changes I can think of over the entire 4th generation was the move from LT1 to LS1 and the accompanying front fascia change. GM just didn't care about the car at that point.
It wasn't just GM that did't care about the 4th gen.....
Old 10-10-2014, 03:28 PM   #33
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackgloves View Post
If it requires an explanation for you then its not worth my time. How old are you?
Old 10-10-2014, 04:22 PM   #34
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackgloves View Post
If it requires an explanation for you then its not worth my time. How old are you?
I'm 30 years old. What else do you want to know? I have a house, I have a wife, I have a child, I have a successful career.

I could be 15 or 50. What does that have to do with the comment I made? You act like I stepped on some sacred ground with that BMW/Porsche comment.

Ridiculous , I never figured my first comment in this thread would lead to this kind of stupid banter.
Old 10-10-2014, 04:26 PM   #35
smggugfaw

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
Disappointed?

No. Not at all. If anything, it looks like the 5th gen won't immediately feel very 'dated' when the 6th hits the road. It's refresh part II in terms of the visual.

Seeing anything that makes me think I'll trade into a 6th gen or grab one to sit alongside the 5th gen in the garage?

Not even close.
Old 10-10-2014, 04:33 PM   #36
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
I am curious as to why anyone thinks GM should make a massive departure in styling. If the sales stay strong, why not continue to evolve the styling and just make the car better?

The 5th generation is a classic design so evolving it for the next generation just makes sense. Some may claim it's a safe play by GM, which it is, but I feel it's the right decision.
Old 10-10-2014, 04:42 PM   #37
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Quote:
I am curious as to why anyone thinks GM should make a massive departure in styling. If the sales stay strong, why not continue to evolve the styling and just make the car better?

The 5th generation is a classic design so evolving it for the next generation just makes sense. Some may claim it's a safe play by GM, which it is, but I feel it's the right decision.
Totally agree. If some people think they know all about the new model based on a camo'd mule and don't like it, maybe they should go ahead and order their Mustang or Challenger now. I think it's too soon to tell and look forward to the reveal. I'm expecting to get a Gen 6 when the convertible comes out.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

Old 10-10-2014, 07:59 PM   #38
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:

Many of the most popular cars are cars that have an evolutionary design.
Old 10-10-2014, 08:18 PM   #39
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post

Many of the most popular cars are cars that have an evolutionary design.
Exactly what I said.. I think the 6th Gen will do well. My daughter works at a Ford dealership and that new Mustang is hideous IMO..
Old 10-10-2014, 08:21 PM   #40
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:

Not massive just more of a difference than what we're seeing under all this camo. Maybe once it's revealed it will be different enough. There's not one generation in the Camaro's history with as much of a resemblance to another generation as the sixth gen appears to be. Just for the record they haven't made one that I haven't loved the looks of so I'm sure I will like the sixth gen, just don't want it to be a fifth gen rehash. A lot of the members on this site never really heard of the Camaro before the fifth generation so I can see their attachment. I understand yalls side of it because of how successful the fifth gen styling has been, with much more lasting appeal than previous generations.
Old 10-10-2014, 08:23 PM   #41
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
See in red above

Yes I did. Whats the problem? All I said was that BMW and Porsche have been going for generations now on similar designs successfully.

Why can't a Camaro go two generations on a similar design and not be successful?
You win!
Old 10-10-2014, 08:26 PM   #42
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Not disappointed at all. Not yet excited and not running to a dealer to place a deposit. But very interested to see MORE.

Closed Thread