Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

Phastek Performance

Old 12-02-2018, 10:37 PM   #29
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Yes that is what I am talking about...I have my converter set to not lock on part throttle upshifts or cruising until 8th gear above 55 mph. Then it unlocks under 50mph. Stock these converters lock every gear on part throttle up shifts. It's part of the reason why it's so damn jerkey in stock form.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 10:11 PM   #30
70chevelleSS

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1970 chevelle SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
Yes that is what I am talking about...I have my converter set to not lock on part throttle upshifts or cruising until 8th gear above 55 mph. Then it unlocks under 50mph. Stock these converters lock every gear on part throttle up shifts. It's part of the reason why it's so damn jerkey in stock form.
I have been considering doing this as well. I initially paid for trans tune way back when I had no idea what I was doing in HP tuners. I have since learned a lot (thanks to the HPtuners forums) and have been playing with the trans tuning, shift points, pressures, Etc. ever since.

I may make one up with an unlocked converter and try it out to see how i like it.
70chevelleSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 06:14 PM   #31
cmitchell17

Drives: 17 2SS, 8L90, Cam, Heads, E85
Has anyone tried copying the settings from a corvette 8L80? Taking a quick look over them, it appears the corvette has a shorter shift time.
cmitchell17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 03:08 PM   #32
LtColumbo

Drives: 2017 1LT RS V6 A8, 2020 Fusion
Today, going in that same driveway, SC and TC OFF, trans in D, I had to stop with front tires in the driveway and rear tires in the street, to let someone out. My turn to move...and the car would not move! I heard some banging, but could also hear the right-rear tire spinning on the ground in the street! I had to turn TC and SC back on to get the car to move! I guess it unloads the tires due to the stiff sway bars.

Last edited by LtColumbo; 03-02-2019 at 08:07 PM.
LtColumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 02:04 PM   #33
vidkidZ
Mobile/Embedded Architect

Drives: '16 2SS white convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazzz View Post
My best guess is it is sadly an early A8 issue. Hopefully the problem will be found and resolved with limited headaches.
Limited headaches? Welcome to my ongoing migraine...

I've taken my '16 2SS vert into the service dept. at Chevrolet of Everett 4 times for the hard/torquey/did someone hit the back of my car - 1st speed upshift -that occurs after a slow acceleration from a stop, followed by a coast and a slight throttle increase. A lot of the time it feels like someone who isn't good at driving stick is controlling the transmission and setting me up for ongoing physical therapy and migraines.

While resetting the learning on the transmission initially stops this problem from occurring, it quickly returns, increasing in strength over time.
vidkidZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 05:30 PM   #34
njweatherman

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS, redline edition
I'm noticing this more and more on my 2018 2ss, automatic, 14k. Only mods are K&N cold air intake and flowmaster axleback exhaust. The bump, like you are getting rear ended, seems to happen at slow speeds and/or going up an incline. Has anyone solved this yet?
njweatherman is offline   Reply With Quote