Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-12-2021, 09:23 PM   #1
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Tons of new Mustang GTs for sale within 100 miles. But hardly Camaros!

is it like this in your area? Normally here in FL south of Tampa not a ton of new Mustangs, but I went on auto trader and from Tampa on southward there are lots of 2021 and even left over 2020 new Mustang GT and premium GTs for sale.

It seems overall Ford hasn't been hit as bad right now with the semi conductor shortage as GM and Dodge are.

I know not really related to the Camaro, but this is yet another example of bean counting by GM. Cutting costs but cutting Camaro production before Covid and then keeping low supply of chips before it hit overall led to this.

A couple of the large Ford dealers have left over 2020 premiums for decent prices. Quite a bit off MSRP and cheaper than buying a 1ss.

Stupid! Chevy is going to lose even more sales in this segment if people who were looking for a Camaro are going to chose a Mustang now.

Chevy just doesn't care about the Camaro. Haven't for the last 3 years.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 09:38 PM   #2
Camaro fanboy

Drives: 2017 2SS Arctic blue fully loaded
Yeah but you'de have to a utter fool to buy a mustang. you gave me one i'de never drive it. i value my life lol
Old 05-12-2021, 09:52 PM   #3
Idaho2018GTPremium

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
That's why Mustangs are a dime a dozen at car meet ups - they are very common around here. This coming from a guy who recently sold a 2018 Mustang GT PP1 A10 and loved it...up until I test drove a 2021 ZL1! I've seen 4 different 2020 Shelby GT500s in the last two months since I took delivery of my '21 ZL1, and no other ZL1s. I kind of like that not everyone and their neighbor has one. My Mustang was pretty anonymous at car meets.

But yeah, people in the market right now can't get a new Camaro and will end up in a new Mustang, and maybe a few of them in a Challenger as well.

Past:
2018 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP1, MR, and A10
2007 MazdaSpeed3
1995 Pontiac Trans Am
1987 Camaro Z28

Idaho2018GTPremium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 09:53 PM   #4
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
If it wasn't for the Camaro I wouldn't even buy a new GM car anymore. To each their own, but IMO they have made so many mistakes over the years. I'm not biased either. I really do like the Mustang and Challenger as well.
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 09:53 PM   #5
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho2018GTPremium View Post
That's why Mustangs are a dime a dozen at car meet ups - they are very common around here. This coming from a guy who recently sold a 2018 Mustang GT PP1 A10 and loved it...up until I test drove a 2021 ZL1! I've seen 4 different 2020 Shelby GT500s in the last two months since I took delivery of my '21 ZL1, and no other ZL1s. I kind of like that not everyone and their neighbor has one. My Mustang was pretty anonymous at car meets.

But yeah, people in the market right now can't get a new Camaro and will end up in a new Mustang, and maybe a few of them in a Challenger as well.

if I were in the market I'd wait a couple months for the new 400z. Price looks decent and performance wise is right up there with the GT and SS. No longer a slow sports car like in the past with the 370z.
Old 05-12-2021, 10:01 PM   #6
Puddin

The Mustang would be the only American car I would switch back to. Even though I had problems with my early model 15 I still kinda miss the powerband it had. It was like a freight train on the top end just constantly pulling. If I was in the market right now I'd actually try and snatch up a new Supra just to try something new.
Puddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 10:16 PM   #7
digitalfutur

Drives: 2018 Camaro RS 3.6 A8
The Mustang's uninspiring styling is a perfect match for its ubiquity. As is its tramlining.
digitalfutur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 10:25 PM   #8
BoostMeUp

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1
Yeah Mustangs are a dime a dozen. The local Ford dealer by me seems to always have at least 20 in stock. I do like how they look but would never buy one because of how common they are. Even GT350's don't get a second glance by most around here. Now ZL1's on the other hand are almost non existent, I've only seen 1 or 2 in the past couple years on the road and they definitely attract much more attention!
BoostMeUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 10:29 PM   #9
Camaro fanboy

Drives: 2017 2SS Arctic blue fully loaded
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalfutur View Post
The Mustang's uninspiring styling is a perfect match for its ubiquity. As is its tramlining.
forgot about that crap. damn those things tramline. terrible platform those things.
never had a single thumbs up when i have my 2016 gt. get about 20 everytime i go out in the camaro.
best way to get advice if something looks good is to ask someone that has no idea what car it is and has zero interest.
my wife is the guinea pig regarding this.
i show her an s550 mustang and all she'll say is oh it's ok nothing special.
showed her our camaro before we bought it.
oh that's very nice looking.
Old 05-13-2021, 12:19 AM   #10
sandm

Drives: no more camaro :(
I've been searching for a blue a10 for a couple weeks now. not much popping up and most are for sale for msrp even with a few miles on them. search mustangs and there's tons of them and quite a few with discounts off msrp.
I get the economies of scale with GM putting their chips into the cars that make them the profit so can't fault them for that. if I was the ceo i'd do the same thing.

I do agree with the thought process on GM not showing any love to the camaro as of late. I will say tho that the sports car market is a niche and only so many development $$ to go around. with the new vette out they don't want to upstage that and make sense to keep investing in the lines driving traffic to dealers and that is not the camaro.

anyone guess or have an inside line on the next redesign? it's now their front engine/rear drive sports car with the vette midengine so wonder what's next for it.
sandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 12:29 AM   #11
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandm View Post
I've been searching for a blue a10 for a couple weeks now. not much popping up and most are for sale for msrp even with a few miles on them. search mustangs and there's tons of them and quite a few with discounts off msrp.
I get the economies of scale with GM putting their chips into the cars that make them the profit so can't fault them for that. if I was the ceo i'd do the same thing.

I do agree with the thought process on GM not showing any love to the camaro as of late. I will say tho that the sports car market is a niche and only so many development $$ to go around. with the new vette out they don't want to upstage that and make sense to keep investing in the lines driving traffic to dealers and that is not the camaro.

anyone guess or have an inside line on the next redesign? it's now their front engine/rear drive sports car with the vette midengine so wonder what's next for it.

I have to also say in regards to the C8 even with that I'm not too impressed how GM has promoted it as well. GM as a whole is controlled by bean counters. I always noticed how their incentives and rebates are typically crap too when you compare them to Ford and Dodge.

There are some good deals on 2020 left over Mustangs. I've seen some that are not too much more than buying a USED 2020 or 2019 model.

Even before the shortage it's not easy finding a Camaro SS or LT1 new or used within 70 miles of me. I'm shocked with all the new Mustang listings and they still have a number of 2020 GTs left over as well.

I really think with this 400z coming out soon it could further hurt Camaro sales. I've noticed a few other posters on here considering giving the 400z a look since Nissan is upping the performance on it.
Old 05-13-2021, 03:14 AM   #12
Chevelle vs Camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
I’m guessing since they sell a ton of Mustang that when the get chips they don’t mind allocating some to them.

With Camaro sales climbing and them sitting on showroom floors pre pandemic the are putting their chips elsewhere (trucks, trucks and more trucks)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chevelle vs Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 09:05 AM   #13
50MileSmile

Drives: 2023 2SS, 2018 1SS 1LE, 1993 Z/28
If we didn’t have Mustangs, we wouldn’t have all those YouTube videos of them crashing leaving Cars and Coffee events.
50MileSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 12:35 PM   #14
m6z

Drives: Currently looking
No inventory around here. I was out last weekend and the Ford lot had a couple non-GT Mustangs, a couple of Explorer STs and a half dozen or so new trucks. That was it for new vehicles on their lot. They've usually got a couple hundred.

The Chevy/Caddy lot wasn't much better. Zero new Camaros and a a couple of used 5th gen cars.

Place and order and wait is probably the best route in the current environment.
m6z is offline   Reply With Quote