Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 07-18-2017, 01:29 PM   #57
Callaway Chris

Drives: Callaway Corvette
Saw a great teaser video today on FB from Motorweek TV, but it's not on their YouTube channel yet. Not sure how to embed from FB on the site, but they really were moving in the clip
Callaway Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 02:58 PM   #58
ZL1720

Drives: 2017 Lingenfelter ZL1 Coup
Callaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakedriver View Post
I've also owned a Callaway Corvette and was very happy with it. The argument that you can get more HP for less money goes on at Naseum on most forums. The Callaway holds its value much better than stock or modified cars. If you mod your car you get nothing for the investment and it can limit buyers because of the mods and no more warranty. Callaway ZL1 is 757HP and retains the factory warranty and value.
I've had both Callaway and Lingenfelter cars and both were excellent It's a matter of preference and cost. Hennessey I don't trust. There are also many good local mod shops. However, if you plan to sell your car nationally you may be better off with a known name. Just saying.
ZL1720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 03:47 PM   #59
soceur77

Drives: 17 NFG ZL1 17 GTR 22 RS6
Im actually thinking about doing this, mostly for the warranty aspect, as 2 out of my last 4 new cars needed major warranty work done, and i know I'm not going to wait 5 years to pay this car off before i start modding to the point of voided the warranty. At first I was thinking of paying cash, but I just looked up a USAA loan for the amount and can easily cover that without the misses even knowing....buhahahahahahah Sure ill pay a little interest, but id rather that then to hear the 2nd coming to Christ because I spent an additional 18k on a car she believes is insanely expensive....lol the more i look into it, the more im ready to pull the trigger, i just want to see vids of it now, especially the A10 version. The only hiccup I have is the unsightly way they carve into the hood to make room for the SC.....NOT A FAN AT ALL there!! They need to fabricate some sort of cf cover to attempt to make it look nice, or have the part of the sc thats exposed be cf wrapped....

Last edited by soceur77; 07-18-2017 at 03:59 PM.
soceur77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 03:57 PM   #60
ZL1720

Drives: 2017 Lingenfelter ZL1 Coup
Callaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by soceur77 View Post
Im actually thinking about doing this, mostly for the warranty aspect, as 2 out of my last 4 new cars needed major warranty work done, and i know I'm not going to wait 5 years to pay this car off before i start modding to the point of voided the warranty. At first I was thinking of paying cash, but I just looked up a USAA loan for the amount and can easily cover that without the misses even knowing....buhahahahahahah Sure ill pay a little interest, but id rather that then to hear the 2nd coming to Christ because I spent an additional 18k on a car she believes is insanely expensive....lol the more i look into it, the more im ready to pull the trigger, i just want to see vids of it now, especially the A10 version.
You are closer to the conn operation, but don't forget the cost of covered carrier if you ship the car.
ZL1720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 04:06 PM   #61
soceur77

Drives: 17 NFG ZL1 17 GTR 22 RS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1720 View Post
You are closer to the conn operation, but don't forget the cost of covered carrier if you ship the car.
YEA i would probably drive there and back, its about 6hours for me. I have family in Conn, so depending on the turn around time, could make it a family/investment in speed trip
soceur77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 06:58 PM   #62
PinHead
Banned

Drives: Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callaway Chris View Post
Rear wheel dyno claims aren't scientific. In fact, one company I routinely see advertise, claims "15%-20% driveline loss". Makes one wonder, which is it, because at the 800 hp level they claim, 5% variance is a LOT of supposed power.

FWIW, Callaway Cars has a engine dyno cell
Rear Wheel HP Claims can be scientific and very accurate.

I've been using the 15-20% HP Loss when calculating BHP to RWHP (especially in an Auto Trans Car).

Look here;

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/ccrp-...in-power-loss/
PinHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 12:30 PM   #63
SurfnSun

Drives: callawayownersgroup.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by soceur77 View Post
Im actually thinking about doing this, mostly for the warranty aspect, as 2 out of my last 4 new cars needed major warranty work done, and i know I'm not going to wait 5 years to pay this car off before i start modding to the point of voided the warranty. At first I was thinking of paying cash, but I just looked up a USAA loan for the amount and can easily cover that without the misses even knowing....buhahahahahahah Sure ill pay a little interest, but id rather that then to hear the 2nd coming to Christ because I spent an additional 18k on a car she believes is insanely expensive....lol the more i look into it, the more im ready to pull the trigger, i just want to see vids of it now, especially the A10 version. The only hiccup I have is the unsightly way they carve into the hood to make room for the SC.....NOT A FAN AT ALL there!! They need to fabricate some sort of cf cover to attempt to make it look nice, or have the part of the sc thats exposed be cf wrapped....
You should call Callaway and ask about them building a Camaro without the hole in the hood. I can't remember who I spoke with but I believe it can be done, give them a call and see.
SurfnSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 01:28 PM   #64
SC552

Drives: 2017 Lingenfelter Camaro ZL1 Coup
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfnSun View Post
You should call Callaway and ask about them building a Camaro without the hole in the hood. I can't remember who I spoke with but I believe it can be done, give them a call and see.
Call Chris Chesnoe at callaway.
SC552 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 05:48 PM   #65
meadowz06

Drives: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by zl1_tommy View Post
Callaway and Hennessey are garbage.
Garbage? You simply don't have a clue about which you speak!
Old 07-19-2017, 05:55 PM   #66
meadowz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
Oh, I missed the $16,995 price for the next month then it's back up to 5 dollars shy of $18k.

Let me guess, it was a C4? So that's $34,000 worth of options on top of the $20,000 turbo kit. When you add in the price of the car it's lost nearly $50k over the years. A similar mileage C4 in stock condition can be had for <$15k and started at $29k. You pointed out my math errors so I'll ask you, which car lost more money?
Your simply not qualified to speak on this subject. Callaway and Lingenfelter are the BEST at what they do. Period! They BOTH work WITH GM hand in hand. I guess local tuners do that too? NOPE! I have owned 4 Lingenfelter Corvette's, and now a Callaway Camaro. They are in a class by themselves.
Old 07-19-2017, 11:20 PM   #67
Memphis

Drives: Bucket
Quote:
Originally Posted by meadowz06 View Post
Your simply not qualified to speak on this subject. Callaway and Lingenfelter are the BEST at what they do. Period! They BOTH work WITH GM hand in hand. I guess local tuners do that too? NOPE! I have owned 4 Lingenfelter Corvette's, and now a Callaway Camaro. They are in a class by themselves.
You're*. I don't believe I made a single reference to Lingenfelter so what does that have to do with this? Callaway should add another person to the party and work hand in hand with VFN so they can get rid the hacked hood.
Memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 08:39 AM   #68
meadowz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
You're*. I don't believe I made a single reference to Lingenfelter so what does that have to do with this? Callaway should add another person to the party and work hand in hand with VFN so they can get rid the hacked hood.
Clueless! Period.
Old 07-20-2017, 08:48 AM   #69
unavailablezl1

Drives: 2019 Silverado Z71 6.2L A10
I just went to Callaway and now they say 750hp for the ZL1. Getting even more powerful..

http://www.callawaycars.com/homepage...ay-c18-camaro/

Past Rides
2017 M6 Camaro ZL1 Hyper Blue
2016 M6 GT350 White with blue strips
2014 M6 Mustang GT Premium Track Pack Ruby Red
2012 M6 M3 Melbourne Red Metallic
unavailablezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 08:56 AM   #70
IneedAZ

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 & 2021 BMW M340i x Dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by unavailablezl1 View Post
I just went to Callaway and now they say 750hp for the ZL1. Getting even more powerful..

http://www.callawaycars.com/homepage...ay-c18-camaro/
kinda lost on the real numbers. On the webpage linked it says 750/739, but when i click on the pdf on that page it says 750/755

Sold 1967 Camaro Pro Street. Ran 10's mild BB on NOS.

2017 HyperBlue ZL1 A10 ** Born 3/17/17**Delivered 4/08/17
2020 Build: Mag2650, BTR Stage2, NW103, BG, 14% lower, 90mm upper, ARH 2" Long system w/no cats, SW Legend mufflers. **807hp/762tq on 93 gas** and **848hp/792tq on e47**

Sold 2018 (Go Mango) Dodge Charger Daytona 392 Daily Driver

Daily Driver 2021 BMW M340i Xdrive
IneedAZ is offline   Reply With Quote