Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-25-2016, 03:46 PM   #57
Skillet
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandAmGT View Post
Catch me if you Can 2, starring Leonardo DiCaprio in his search for the perfect catch can. Summer of 2017
Yes! Now we're getting somewhere!

keep 'em coming!
Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 03:49 PM   #58
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
No Power Produced (NPP)....the story of an optional exhaust system that made more noise, but produced no additional power, and the turmoil this confusion caused...coming out summer of 2016.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 04:14 PM   #59
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
The Resonator - He'll muffle your screams!
Attached Images

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 04:29 PM   #60
CamaroLivesForever

Drives: 45 anniversary camaro
How about "Next of Kin", the main character drives an Iroc for the fist half of the movie. Even burns some rubber lol
CamaroLivesForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 05:16 PM   #61
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
No Power Produced (NPP)....the story of an optional exhaust system that made more noise, but produced no additional power, and the turmoil this confusion caused...coming out summer of 2016.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandAmGT View Post
Catch me if you Can 2, starring Leonardo DiCaprio in his search for the perfect catch can. Summer of 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherob View Post
The Resonator - He'll muffle your screams!

I'm at work & I finished watching both 'Aloha Bobby & Rose' & 'Eat My Dust'. They're definitely B-movies, but with badass Camaros. The engine sound in both & the driving scenes in the latter, did get my adrenaline going. Hoover Niebold & the '69 Camaro are the type of match-up that I was seeking. I'll watch the other movies over the next few days & hopefully there'll be more of it.
Old 03-26-2016, 01:00 PM   #62
Skillet
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Death Race 2016 - commuting at rush hour in a Camaro
Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 04:34 PM   #63
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillet View Post
Death Race 2016 - commuting at rush hour in a Camaro
Old 03-28-2016, 09:23 PM   #64
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Today I watched 'Better Off Dead' & 'Tuff Turf' at work. While they both have sweet Camaros, the cars' appearances are brief & simply side notes to the storylines.
Old 03-30-2016, 11:44 PM   #65
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

In the last couple of days, I watched 'The Other Side of the Tracks' & 'Gumball Rally'. They're movies with some incredible 2nd generation Camaros, but once again these cars aren't a primary part of the storyline.

At this point, I feel there aren't additional movies that come closer to the style of movie that I seek, than 'Eat My Dust' for a vintage Camaro & 'Transformers' for a modern one.
It's been a great few days of movie watching!

Last edited by PDXSSCE; 03-30-2016 at 11:59 PM.
PDXSSCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 01:10 AM   #66
EastWood-SS
Born To Run

Drives: 2013 BRM SS/RS LS3
Transformers is "the" camaro movie. It's also probably the most popular and well-know of everything listed, so at least we got that.

My favorite car movie of all time is Two-Lane Blacktop which stars James Taylor, and is all about a '55 Chevy. Probably the best Chevy movie and our version of Bullitt if you ask me. No camaro though.

2013 Blue Ray Metallic 1SS/RS
Dual Mode Exhaust + Fuse Pull / CAI inc. CAI/ 1LE Strut Tower Brace/ ACS T4 Splitter/ SunRoof/ BA Audio/ Performance Shifter/ White Rally Stripes

EastWood-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 09:25 AM   #67
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
A movie specifically made about a Camaro?

Vanishing Point isn't about a Challenger, but the Challenger plays a very prominent part of the movie since Kowalski is driving it from Denver to California. Bullitt (McQueen's character) isn't about the Mustang, it's his ride. I won't even talk about Smokey And The Bandit, not even in the same league...

A move about a car would be "Gran Torino".
Maybe the cars weren't the focal point when the movies were made . But decades later when you mention any of those movies it's the cars that get the most attention. So in the end those movies did end up being about the cars. And Smokey and the Bandit is a great movie. In the same league as any movie mentioned on here I'm not sure why you would think it wasn't.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 11:15 AM   #68
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Maybe the cars weren't the focal point when the movies were made . But decades later when you mention any of those movies it's the cars that get the most attention. So in the end those movies did end up being about the cars. And Smokey and the Bandit is a great movie. In the same league as any movie mentioned on here I'm not sure why you would think it wasn't.
Smokey And The Bandit, as much as I like Burt, is not in the same league as Gran Torino (was about the car) and Bullitt was iconic... Blues Brothers or It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World... sure... comedy.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 01:33 PM   #69
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Smokey And The Bandit, as much as I like Burt, is not in the same league as Gran Torino (was about the car) and Bullitt was iconic... Blues Brothers or It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World... sure... comedy.
I disagree.....gran torino is hardly considered a car movie. You dont have to be a car enthusiast to know about Smokey and the Bandit. The other movies are iconic....but not as well known by everybody. Still I could sit down and watch a car movie marathon that includes all those movies What I like about those movies are the stunts. Those were car stunts done by real stuntmen. You just don't see that anymore.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 01:43 PM   #70
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
I disagree.....gran torino is hardly considered a car movie. You dont have to be a car enthusiast to know about Smokey and the Bandit. The other movies are iconic....but not as well known by everybody. Still I could sit down and watch a car movie marathon that includes all those movies What I like about those movies are the stunts. Those were car stunts done by real stuntmen. You just don't see that anymore.
Sadly, much of it is done digitally now.