Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-17-2016, 02:42 PM   #43
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
It's cork sniffers. Their camaro is better than your camaro! They're the new talk of the town. You're just an after thought. Like the gleam in your daddy's eye when he helped to conceive you.

The guy with the 6th gen 4banger will think his car is MUCH better than your 5th gen 2SS/RS because you're so 2010-2015 hahaha

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 03:08 PM   #44
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Yes. Two separate forums.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 03:12 PM   #45
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLL67RSSS View Post
Very reminiscent of the "old taillights" vs. the "refresh taillights" isn't it? Same-old, same-old. Funny I go to both forums and I only own a first gen. I just love Camaros and want to know all about them. I like 'em all!!!
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 03:16 PM   #46
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by buck_dawg_gold View Post
Yes there is division. There are two separate websites.
But why is that the case? Maybe this is a question for a Mod, but it seem silly to me.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 03:22 PM   #47
Beardface

Drives: '11 topless 2LT RS & '05 Altima SER
No different than the V6 vs V8 division for so long. You're just not used to being on the ones talked down upon.
Old 03-17-2016, 03:52 PM   #48
Criticalmass

Drives: 2014 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Magnitude View Post
I see way too many people on here saying the gen 6 sucks when in fact its better in most ways than the gen 5 and has been worked on for thousands of hours by the Chevy team.

Except they are in danger of pricing themselves out of the market again... Just like they did last time.
Criticalmass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 09:45 PM   #49
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Criticalmass View Post
Except they are in danger of pricing themselves out of the market again... Just like they did last time.
History may indeed repeat itself. I for one would never buy a new Camaro due to 1) increase in price 2) extra yearly tax/registration cost and 3) higher insurance. Not worth it to me when I've already got good enough. Others' views will vary!
Old 03-17-2016, 11:16 PM   #50
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
But why is that the case? Maybe this is a question for a Mod, but it seem silly to me.
It may come down the name and structure of the forum. Right now, it's the Camaro5 forum and previous gens are grouped in the 'Other Generations' section. If the gen 6 is added, does the name remain the same & they (Gen 6) fall in the 'other' group; is the forum renamed Camaro6 and the gen 5 falls down with the others; or is renamed the Camaro forum and each generation given it's own section broken out like the Gen 5 section currently is? Any of these options is possible, with the later (IMO) being the best if they were to be combined. These are things that would need to be considered & worked out.
Old 03-18-2016, 05:59 AM   #51
AzItaliaSS

Drives: 2010 2ss RJT LS3 GONE....
exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisingSpeed View Post
All I have to say is that I've come to a good conclusion with camaro6 is the new euro styling may have attracted some of the stereotypical douche european import owners. No offense, but i love the new M4.

I said this from the start, its the reason they snubbed the hell out of it, but never mentioned how its Euro sports car size now and is shooting for a whole new target audience. The whole time pre launch all the talk was about weight reduction, while I kept saying yeah but at what cost? the cost of making it a Euro sports car size? that's not achieving anything in the muscle game if you ask me, that's caving to the pressure of venturing into other markets for financial gain of non historical muscle owners. Ford get wider and bigger/heavier stance looks meaner, dodge keeps upping the motor without sacrificing traditional muscle bred lines. Gm snubs the hell outta the car down to M4 size and cuts it butt off all for 200lbs. good job lmao
ill keep my current SS

VARARAM, SWSP 1 7/8 LT'S,X-PIPE,CAT DELETE,DYNOMAX RACE BULLETTS, LSR SHORT SHIFTER ,CUSTOM BLACK EMBLEMS,MPD1 SPOILER, HP TUNE BY GEARHEAD GARAGE, INTERIOR ABL LIGHTING, CUSTOM STRIPING BY BEAVER STRIPES, EIBACHS
AzItaliaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 07:30 AM   #52
FilibustaRhymes

Drives: SS
It's funny because I've pretty much felt this way about forums for each new iteration of car since thirdgen.org. I thought those guys were pretty cool, then went to LS1tech when I got my '99 T/A and it took a while to get settled in, but some guys were pretty offputting.

Then the Gen5 came around and I started hanging out here and I liked it even less. If I'm honest, the community is my least favorite part about these cars - and it isn't just the Camaro, it's just the internet now vs in the early 2000s. I haven't spent any time on C6 but I imagine it's just another step in the evolution of internet car websites.

You have folks now buying these cars who grew up on the internet. I'm at an age where I was pretty much the last of the kids who grew up without it, and the difference is pretty interesting to behold, for better or for worse.

The gen6 site will probably improve as more people get into those cars, or as they grow on more people. Right now you have a mix of guys who are proud of their new ride vs guys who are trying to justify their gen5 because they can't get a gen6 yet vs guys who genuinely don't care for the gen6. It was the same when the LS1 cars came around vs the LT1 cars in the 90's.
FilibustaRhymes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 08:08 AM   #53
EastWood-SS
Born To Run

Drives: 2013 BRM SS/RS LS3
happens all the time, hell it happened here when the '14 refresh came out.

2013 Blue Ray Metallic 1SS/RS
Dual Mode Exhaust + Fuse Pull / CAI inc. CAI/ 1LE Strut Tower Brace/ ACS T4 Splitter/ SunRoof/ BA Audio/ Performance Shifter/ White Rally Stripes

EastWood-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 08:10 AM   #54
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
Lot's of them came from a 5th gen to a 6th gen. I don't get the hating either...Camaro is a Camaro no matter the generation. I love my Camaro and pretty much have always gravitated towards GM vehicles, however; I also like mustangs, challengers, and even hot hatchbacks; In general I just love performance cars. I guess it makes them feel better about themselves to belittle others or it's their own insecurities. What comes around goes around, but I choose to be nice and helpful when I know the answer, or maybe it's just me getting to be an old lady gearhead
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 08:27 AM   #55
HogsFan75

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS/1LE
I actually like a lot about the 6th gens. In fact, pretty much all I don't like is the back half appearance and I think they are priced a little high.

A few days ago there was a post by some guy over there asking if they were overpriced. Everyone was saying no and I said I thought they were, and made the mistake of discussing 3 2SS models on my dealers lot that ranged from mid 40's to over $50,000 as examples.

Everyone jumped on it because I called them "basic" SS models. OK, so they were loaded 2SS models, but the fact remains that they are still extremely expensive for an SS camaro in this economy IMHO. For me, basic means SS. Not basic means SS1LE, Zl1, Z28 etc. That's what I meant by the post.

You would have thought I slapped someones momma for stating this. I actually had people calling to ban me for the forums for it. Especially funny considering I was just responding to someone asking the question.

Go read the "are prices too high" post in camaro6 general to see some real anger.

Last edited by HogsFan75; 03-18-2016 at 08:39 AM.
HogsFan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 08:46 AM   #56
Desert Dweller

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #334
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogsFan75 View Post
Go read the "are prices too high" post in camaro6 general to see some real anger.
You went back in the thread and posted a few too many times. Once you smack the wasp nest, you don't stick around to get stung. lol