Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-28-2015, 04:07 PM   #43
Sweet15

Drives: 2018 2SS HBM Vert
So the question is are we, as father's, creating the type of boyfriend our daughters will date. My daughter turns 8 next week and she loves my Camaro. When I'm working on it she is there, when I'm cleaning she's there .... When I'm driving she wants the windows down and says I'm going to slow (LT's, cam, and s/c - all sounds pretty good). She hates going in my wife's car. She's been taking karate for a few years and is a smart ass (as the wife says, just like Dad). So, what will the boyfriends parents think when she rolls up in her own beefed up Camaro... Hmmm...... I think a lot goes into the way you raise your daughter too; independent, confident, able to defend herself (of course that could easily back-fire on you in her teens). All this does not mean that I will ever approve of anyone that comes calling, car or no car. Our daughters will always be our little girls, and no one will ever be good enough.
Sweet15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 04:12 PM   #44
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
My daughter (17) hates my Camaro... well, maybe severally dislikes it. She loves my old Dodge QC... she has a thing for trucks, it's a Texas thing.

She also knows there is a high bar for that guy she brings home.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 02:02 AM   #45
Ashn_G_1LE

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Hey guys! appreciate all the comments and feedback! So ya I'm a 21 year old, not really a kid but to him i am haha. But anyways, thanks for the advice all, and ya respect is something I've been taught greatly and hopefully I've been doing a good job reflecting it and stuff, as far as the convos and stuff between me and him, he's glad to see me working (work with finance, and worked other previous jobs) cuz his other daughters (girlfriends sister) boyfriend was a lazy bum who had his parents do everything for him so thats a plus. But ya realizing at the end of the day it is his baby girl makes it tough responsibility, but also makes one appreciate her more! Hoping he doesn't worry too much cuz aside from the occasional temptation, i usually drive really slow and safe, and never ever fast or unsafe with her in the car. I would go insane if something happened to her, can't imagine her father. Enough of my rant, Thanks for the tips Gents.
Ashn_G_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 06:33 AM   #46
ice_age_revenge

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
I am too around your age and let me tell you, the back seat is not comfortable but when you want to you have to make it work. Good luck with your girlfriend's dad and not getting shot anytime soon lol
ice_age_revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 07:24 AM   #47
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
My 13 yr old always wants me to take her to her "events" in the Camaro since it draws lots of attention amongst the minivans. The 3 yr old absolutely loves the "Maro" and asks when she will be able to drive it. That said, neither will be getting a Camaro or any other fast cars to drive regularly. SUVs or trucks will be the only options and I may put exo-cages on them. When they go to work, they can buy what they want.

As for any boys parents, I'm fairly certain they won't like me but I couldn't care less. I've already had neighbors say what a cute couple their son and my daughter would make. Really? He has been held back for two grades and just made it to 7th for next year. Sorry, he is not even on the approved friend list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet15 View Post
Hmmm...... I think a lot goes into the way you raise your daughter too; independent, confident, able to defend herself (of course that could easily back-fire on you in her teens).
I keep telling the wife I am going to put the three year old on the heavy bag this year.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 08:09 AM   #48
J-Crazy Camaro

Drives: Red V8
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
I've lived in the south for nearly 30 years, but I was raised in upstate NY by a northern gentleman and a southern (from GA) lady... so such things were instilled in me from a very young age. And it has stuck with me...
Attached Images

Old 05-29-2015, 09:24 AM   #49
jigbn

Drives: fird
I thought you were going to say it turns out her dad has a 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat.
jigbn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 09:41 AM   #50
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHorse13 View Post
"Anything she sees, I cut off."
"I have a shovel, a .45 and my watch is ten minutes fast."

Any of us "older" guys know exactly what that car means, especially if we have daughters. I would already have a hole dug in my cornfield ready to show you during our next meeting.
Bout sums it up...win.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 09:59 AM   #51
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
I'm 42, have three daughters 23, 22, and 19. I can tell you, the car is pretty irrelevant. if you drive it sensibly, don't act like an ass in it I don't see there being a problem. now, if you don't, that's a whole other issue. what you do in regards to yourself is one thing, but taking chances with someone else is another.

as someone else said, dads are more concerned that you'll treat their daughters right, and that have some common sense and ambition. we're more worried about keeping them away from a looser than a nice car.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 09:39 PM   #52
markas214

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS L99 SIM convertible
15 year old going to tenth grade this year. My thought would be, we'll he's ambitious or wealthy parents. If he was respectfully and an experienced driver I wouldnt'worry.
markas214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 09:51 PM   #53
CCMADONNA

Drives: 2014 SW 2SS/RS
When i met my husband he drove an anniversary gold '66 Mustang 289 GT.
My dad drove a candy apple red '66 Mustang 289 GT.

They never had a conversation about their cars.

2014 2SS/RS VERT L99
SUMMIT WHITE
AIRAID CAI
BORLA ATAK CAT-BACK EXHAUST
ELITE ENGINEERING CATCH-CAN
RANGE AFM-DELETE MODULE
HUPER OPTIK 40
CHROME PEDALS
PREMIUM FLOOR MATS
PREMIUM CARGO MAT
DEDICATED 32GB iPHONE HD
[/I][/B][IMG][/IMG]
CCMADONNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 10:25 PM   #54
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
I'm 42, have three daughters 23, 22, and 19. I can tell you, the car is pretty irrelevant. if you drive it sensibly, don't act like an ass in it I don't see there being a problem. now, if you don't, that's a whole other issue. what you do in regards to yourself is one thing, but taking chances with someone else is another.

as someone else said, dads are more concerned that you'll treat their daughters right, and that have some common sense and ambition. we're more worried about keeping them away from a looser than a nice car.
Exactly my point , well said
I went through that kind a thing a while back , and here you can see what he endup doing
Oh , and sent the bill to all of us , the tax payers
http://youtu.be/wh1JYIEIcX4
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 11:04 PM   #55
bmcquill

Drives: 2014 1LS
Some ppl label all loud car owners as attention-starved douchebags, others think its cool. It just goes down to the person. Its obviously a nice looking car, maybe he'll think you make good money or something because you drive a sports car. If he thinks loud cars are obnoxious, at least he got to know you before hearing your car.
bmcquill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 12:02 AM   #56
derklug1

Drives: 2016 GT350
Every time my daughter dates someone, everyone always says that she must see something in him that no one else can see. 27 autopsies later, I still can't see anything special in these boys. Just saying, OP.