Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-24-2015, 01:58 PM   #29
beany323

Drives: Camaro 2SS /RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
And if I own a home and someone drives into my front door it's okay?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
I'm looking for a constructive point here.

Please explain your refute based on my comment you quoted.
think he is saying if his house gets hit by a pinto it was the houses fault. vs a expensive car.

Updated w/ Willow Springs:
1. Nissan GTR Track Pack 1:19.6 2. Ducati 1198 S 1:19.7 3. Nissan GTR 1:20.3 4. Corvette Z06 1:20.4
5. Audi R8 V10 Plus 1:22.0 6. Ferrari 458 Italia 1:22.3
7. CAMARO SS 1LE 1:22.7
8. Shelby GT 500 1:23.5
9. Mustang Gt Track Pack 1:25.8
beany323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 10:57 PM   #30
ChevyboiUSA

Drives: 2011 CAMARO SS/RS
camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith View Post
May have to look into one of those camera's. What kind is it and where do you find?
It's a compustar dash cam, it comes with a front and rear cam. But you'll have to buy one from like best buy or a good electronics store.
ChevyboiUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 12:52 AM   #31
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by beany323 View Post
think he is saying if his house gets hit by a pinto it was the houses fault. vs a expensive car.
Ok....

And I am merely stating people are ignorant to the value of other people's property and that a person can't have anything nice without having to worry about damage.

I guess I don't get his point...or what he is trying to relate.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 01:28 AM   #32
GetYouOne

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Am I blind cause I dont see a dent just a white speck.
GetYouOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 02:39 AM   #33
EastWood-SS
Born To Run

Drives: 2013 BRM SS/RS LS3
$550!? to fix what $10 GM touch up paint could do in 10 seconds?

2013 Blue Ray Metallic 1SS/RS
Dual Mode Exhaust + Fuse Pull / CAI inc. CAI/ 1LE Strut Tower Brace/ ACS T4 Splitter/ SunRoof/ BA Audio/ Performance Shifter/ White Rally Stripes

EastWood-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 10:06 AM   #34
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastWood-SS View Post
$550!? to fix what $10 GM touch up paint could do in 10 seconds?
If someone damages your face do you want it touched up or fixed?
Old 05-25-2015, 11:16 AM   #35
bdsdnfam
NoJoken

Drives: Synergy Green SS
Accident or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrycamaro View Post
That's a lot of trouble for a...scratch...that's dwarfed by those dirt spots on the fender.
Like some touch up paint and a little time would fix that. $550 was a rip to an almost innocent family. Kind of a dick move to them. Yeah sure I would be pissed, but I would feel worse making them pay $550 to fix such minor damage to already cheap paint.
Really!? Those of you that have cars that you have paid $40-$50K for, take your time to keep nice, park between the lines like your supposed to and somebody like you wants to call this guy that got hit a dick?! I've seen people open their doors into cars without a care in the world. And that is why it happens....they don't care. An accident? maybe. But should this guy have to sacrifice because of somebody else being careless. Absolutely not. They got caught and they should be responsible.
bdsdnfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 11:18 AM   #36
bdsdnfam
NoJoken

Drives: Synergy Green SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_RS View Post
If one of you had a dent that little and I said I'll fix it for $550, would you pay me for it? I don't think any of you would. I guarantee you would say it's a rip for sure, because I could fix that tiny dent and it would be perfect in less than 1 minute and be done with it.

I'm just saying, it could have been handled differently. Especially if one of the kids did it. I'm sure the family could have done a lot more with $550 then fix that dime sized dent.
I would. And if you can fix it, like new, invisible to the naked eye in less than 1 minute I highly suggest you go into business. You will be a very rich man.
bdsdnfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 11:21 AM   #37
hongjil

Drives: ford
Can you show us the video so we can have experience?
hongjil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 11:32 AM   #38
Texas_RS

Drives: 2013 1LE/SS
Tag and bag (camaro 1-vandals 0) *MUST READ*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdsdnfam View Post
I would. And if you can fix it, like new, invisible to the naked eye in less than 1 minute I highly suggest you go into business. You will be a very rich man.

That is my business, it's what I do for a living. And yes, dime size dents on a door will take 1 min tops. If I charged you $550, you would love the outcome but your stomach might turn handing the money over that quick. I wouldn't charge that much, which is the point of my post, that family got ripped. This repair I did, would be something closer to that range give or take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current mods: Stainless Power Long Tube Headers,Cat Delete,CAI Cold Air Intake,Vitesse throttle controller, Muffler/Resonator Delete w/dual tips. ADM Performance Tuned,BMR 1.25 lowering springs,R1 Concept Slotted/Dimpled Rotors.
Texas_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 12:11 PM   #39
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
I'm conflicted with the outcome here. Glad the op caught the door diner but damn, $550 is highway robbery.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 12:28 PM   #40
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
I got a door ding at a city facility from another employee in a city vehicle and made a claim through the city. I had estimates as high as $850... $550 seems reasonable especially for red...

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk
Old 05-25-2015, 12:54 PM   #41
ELIC1
Account Suspended

Drives: black and silver
if a family can not control there kids and they hit someones car door they need to pay for it. really people we now feel bad for people who don't use there heads when they open a car door... it does not matter how big or small the dent is. they did it they pay for it. but I will say taking your car to the mall was a dumb move. there are many threads on Camaro 5 that this has happen to them but yet people still park there car at places like this. maybe people should stop modding there car and just buy a POS
ELIC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 01:20 PM   #42
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Hey OP, what all did you have in your setup?

Like cam, alarm, etc?

That seems like it just paid itself off, well worth the investment for sure!
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote