Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-29-2012, 07:40 AM   #43
djcfuzz
Do somethin fun every day

Drives: 2012 45th V6 RS M6
I have a sunroof and it was a requirement for me as well. And agree on the factory one as I have seen one installed after the fact with the reverse mohawk and there is a gap where the mohawk is. It was sealed and everything but I personally did not like the look. And yes it comes with a sliding interior shade. I have seen some on here complain that the sunroof opens automatically but closes only by continuously holding in the button. This is a minor annoyance. Some have stated that it is a safety concern but the factory sunroof on my 2007 Tahoe closes automatically so go figure.
djcfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:53 AM   #44
Abomb1223

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Only problem I have is that it rattles a little when I play my subs loud but thats to be expected! Sunroof is a must have!!
Abomb1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:02 AM   #45
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.morblu View Post
I love mine. Only issue I have with it is when it closes it pushes the wind deflector down into the roof lining and pops really loud. Not sure if the dealer can fix that or not. Other than than its great and makes for good night drives through the city or country.
Thank you for the feedback. As for the issue you are experiencing, have you been to the dealership to see if they are able to correct the concern?

Please let us know!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 11-29-2012, 08:57 AM   #46
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgreer72 View Post
I'm a woman...I'm always right!

KIDDING!!!
You sound like my ex wives! But much better looking
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:02 AM   #47
cgreer72

Drives: '13 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post
Lmao....true....very true....never argue with a woman, you will always lose even if you are right!
You're a very smart man!
cgreer72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:02 AM   #48
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

I was going to trade mine off and get one with the factory roof, but the dealer couldn't tell me which level of Camaro I needed to order to get a factory roof! And this was a big dealer here in Phoenix. Anyway, that is why I had the Caddie dealer install the Webasto. Another lost sale due to dealer stupidity.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:19 AM   #49
john30506

Drives: Rally Yellow 2012 camaro 1LT
Thanks for the info. Bonanza7 glad you have not had any problems, but my luck isn't that good. I will just make sure the next car is a convert and problems solved.
john30506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:47 AM   #50
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by john30506 View Post
Thanks for the info. Bonanza7 glad you have not had any problems, but my luck isn't that good. I will just make sure the next car is a convert and problems solved.
Good idea. I had rag tops for over 20 years, and when I got my Camaro, they did not make one. Beware, however, Chevy can't make a convert that works. Check the convertible forum. By all accounts, the Camaro convert is a disaster. And after all this time, they still haven't got a fix that works. I want one, but won't buy a known problem.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:00 AM   #51
bb040

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS red jewl tintcoat
i love my sunroof use it as much as i can no problems at all ...we didn't get a convert because it's so easy to slice open
Old 11-29-2012, 11:03 AM   #52
amz
Factory Correct

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Sunroof here, no problems. The interior certainly 'feels' more open and roomy with it.

Thumbs up on the sunroof all the way.
amz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:06 AM   #53
mattsfirstSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by amz View Post
Sunroof here, no problems. The interior certainly 'feels' more open and roomy with it.

Thumbs up on the sunroof all the way.
it does, i usually drive with the shade open but roof closed unless its exceptionally nice. Just having the shade open gives the illusion of spaciousness. When I close the shade it feels very weird and claustrophobic now.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:11 PM   #54
Dawn55430

Drives: 2023 Radiant Red 2LT
Absolutely love mine. Only had the car since May, but no problems at all so far. Was a must have not just a want item. Little noisier than the one in my Monte when it's opened by itself. Shade is always open for the daylight unless the sun is at an odd angle and in my face. Makes the car feel much roomier and brighter. Would never get another car without one.

As for the factory vs. after market, I went with factory, just because I don't know enough about the electronics and "stuff" to even have an intelligent conversation with an after-market shop. I wouldn't know if I was being fed a bull sh-- line or not if problems came up. At least factory, I figure it would be covered in my warranty for at least long enough to know if it was defective.
Dawn55430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:32 PM   #55
moserbe

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Mine came with it in my 2012 SS otherwise it wouldn't be there. I don't really care for the sunroof but have one in 3 of my vehicles. Yes, it comes with a sun shade from the factory. No problems with any leaks here either.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:33 PM   #56
BlackMamba88

Drives: 2010 Challenger 345 R/T
On those nice hot sunny days, i wish i would of gotten a Sun Roof.