Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-18-2016, 08:16 AM   #15
Egon

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
I personally enjoy driving a manual, but I have to say the modern autos are pretty damn good and the old arguments against an automatic have pretty much been erased. (mileage, hp loss, etc) The only real strike against them in my opinion is the extra cost over the manual. And 1SS all the way if you can afford it and the extra cost of gas. I think you will really enjoy the extra power, and make sure you get out to an Autocross or HPDE event after you get used to the car.

Also from one guy to another please do not let your SO dictate what you buy for her convenience. If it's going to be your car with your money then get what the hell you want. If you want a manual and she wants to drive it she can learn to drive a manual herself. It's not like it is impossible to learn it's just lazy.
Old 08-18-2016, 08:24 AM   #16
Opt1mst

Drives: Rapid Blue 23 Camaro 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsblueblood View Post
Well my advice would be if gas isn't a factor (I don't care what people are saying about how close the gas milage is, it's BS) but the 1ss is the better choice over a loaded 2lt any day. A8 vs 6m is a personal opinion I love my a8 for many reasons but the #1 remote start , lol.
That's another thing! Lol my brother has a 2016 Mustang GT Cali edition. He remote starts it all the time. It be nice to have. I want the 1ss, just hoping I'm not missing out on any of the nice 2ss features.
Opt1mst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 08:32 AM   #17
mbar

Drives: 2016 1SS
Let me tell you a little story:
Two friends are sitting in a bar. One guy looks really sad, so his friend is asking him: what's going on?
His answer: I'm married for 10 years, everyday I come home my wife just sit on the couch , no dinner on the table, not getting me a beer and not even a hello kiss
His friend said, yes I remember that. On the first week on my marriage I came home to the same thing, but that changed very quickly. How? The second time I saw it happened I walked in the house, slammed the door, kicked the cat and yelled WHERE'S MY DINNER!!!??? Since then no problems at all...happily married for 22 years.
The sad friend said, ok, I'll give it a try....
He came home, his wife was on the couch again, no dinner.....so he slammed the door , kicked the cat and screamed where's MY DINNER..........!!!!
His wife started cracking up, laughing her ass off
So he asked her: what's so funny?! The wife said: you should have kicked the cat 10 years ago honey....

The moral of the story: If you want to get a stick, get it now before it's too late. Help her to learn to drive it.....10 years from now....no kicking cats will help you to get a stick

Good Luck
Old 08-18-2016, 09:28 AM   #18
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
OP: if you really want a MT get one. She can learn to drive it. Never know but being able to drive a MT is an asset and just may save her life some day.
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 09:33 AM   #19
sub_ETCS_ret

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stex View Post
OP: if you really want a MT get one. She can learn to drive it. Never know but being able to drive a MT is an asset and just may save her life some day.
+1

Everyone should know how to drive a manual whether you want one or not. It is a must have skill. Never know when you will need it.
"Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along, understand each other and work well together." - overheard from a surface officer explaining to another sailor about Submariners
sub_ETCS_ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 03:20 PM   #20
CamaroBruno

Drives: 16 Mosaic Black: 1LT; RS; NPP; Bose
Love my A8 V6 for the following reasons:
-way less annoying in traffic/city, which I am in frequently.
-still fun to use the paddles/manual mode on the shifter (though no, not as fun as a manual)
-remote start is big plus for me for thawing out in winter months (in CT) and for cooling off the car in the summer months. M6 doesn't offer remote start.
-A8 is still FAAAST, at least as fast as M6.

Couple reasons I don't love the A8:
-AFM sucks and can cause an annoying "rumble" in certain (low speed highway traffic type) situations. I believe AFM is either not active or is less intrusive w/M6 transmission option.
-it's not a manual transmission. Rowing your own gears is just visceral and satisfying.
- Black Bowties, NPP "Fuse delete", Vitesse Throttle Controller
CamaroBruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 03:34 PM   #21
Husker67

Drives: '22 Camaro 2SS 1LE Wild Cherry
[QUOTE A8 vs 6m is a personal opinion I love my a8 for many reasons but the #1 remote start , lol.[/QUOTE]

I had a '13 SS with remote start, loved it! But the reason I don't have the '13 now is the reason I don't have remote start now.............had to have a M6.
Husker67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 04:39 PM   #22
freddyD

Drives: 2020 rally green rs
Its been said time and time and time again!You can;t beat the machine A8 not with the paddles or a manual trans leave it in gear-sport mode-and STOMP IT-hang on!
freddyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 01:11 AM   #23
Hekate1

Drives: 2020 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opt1mst View Post
I gotta go back up there when there's no traffic! I enjoyed the V6 over the turbo. I'm afraid if I test drive the SS I will just start throwing money at them ��
Lol! I did!
And as far as gas mileage, if indeed that is an issue, my 2SS gets better mileage than my V6 Enclave. Who would have thought?
Hekate1 is offline   Reply With Quote