Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 08-19-2016, 03:05 PM   #57
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
I totally agree with Ashburner about this issue! Maybe it's a safety regulation that our government put into effect or something else. I say people get over it and accept them like they are! Btw, mine operate just like the ones in the pics also.
Old 08-19-2016, 03:26 PM   #58
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1Greg View Post
I totally agree with Ashburner about this issue! Maybe it's a safety regulation that our government put into effect or something else. I say people get over it and accept them like they are! Btw, mine operate just like the ones in the pics also.
You do what you want. I'm drilling out my stops the day I bring my car home. And I'm writing GM to tell them this is a poor design.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 03:30 PM   #59
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
I recently read an article stating that the support in most front seats were inadequate in the even of a rear end collision. The pins that stop the seat from going back into the space of a potential rear seat passenger are put in place to help prevent injury to rear seat passengers.

There are lawsuits involving just about all the big manufacturers because someone got rear ended, the impact of the collision cause the front seat back to collapse into the back seat, and the back seat passenger was severely injured and/or killed.

Those pins that someone drilled out are what prevents this issue. The seat back can't go back very far when the back seat is so close. I posted a link below if anyone wants to read about it.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/seat-bac...-nhtsa-action/
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 03:32 PM   #60

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
If it were a safety issue or new gov't regulation, the Recaros that are coming in the 6thGen SS 1LE and ZL-1 wouldn't fully recline, either. But they do. I think we will see this addressed soon in future Camaro production, perhaps with a Recaro option becoming available for all Camaros.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 03:38 PM   #61
LT4Greg

Thank you fastball! I will do what I want!
Old 08-19-2016, 03:39 PM   #62
mjmenke

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Here are my seatsas far back as they can go. K
Attached Images

Old 08-19-2016, 04:51 PM   #63
fastball
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3130 View Post
I recently read an article stating that the support in most front seats were inadequate in the even of a rear end collision. The pins that stop the seat from going back into the space of a potential rear seat passenger are put in place to help prevent injury to rear seat passengers.

There are lawsuits involving just about all the big manufacturers because someone got rear ended, the impact of the collision cause the front seat back to collapse into the back seat, and the back seat passenger was severely injured and/or killed.

Those pins that someone drilled out are what prevents this issue. The seat back can't go back very far when the back seat is so close. I posted a link below if anyone wants to read about it.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/seat-bac...-nhtsa-action/
The Camaro is the only coupe - only CAR - I have ever seen that the seats won't recline. If all of that were true no manufacturers would let their front seats recline more than the limit of the Camaro.

Companies like Honda and Volvo who are obsessed to the point of annyance with safety have all their front seats recline to almost flat.

Also, as a side note it IS worth noting the people at the heart of that lawsuit were NOT wearing their seatbelts

Engineers design everything with the intent of all passengers wearing their seatbelts properly.

This is just GM doing something stupid.
Old 08-19-2016, 05:18 PM   #64
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
Congress and the NHTSA are investigating this issue. Honda isn't exempt from this either. Don't be surprised if you see new regulations and more cars that only recline like the Camaro does in coming years.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 05:29 PM   #65
LT4Greg

Some of the postings remind me of when I used to see people driving on the streets and roads almost fully reclined and only you could see the top of their head or sometimes see nothing which was crazy to be trying to drive like that. I do agree that lawsuits do cause problems for the automakers though!
Old 08-19-2016, 05:31 PM   #66
fastball
Banned

Well here's the solution:

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...g+seats&page=3

Pages 3-6 have all the info, easy to follow pictures, and drill bit size.
Old 07-01-2017, 01:23 PM   #67
urnmywy

Drives: 2016 SS Hyper Blue w/ pearl
seat recline

I had given up on getting this fixed! Until now I'm going to take a snap shot of your paperwork to the dealer. Thank goodness. I never get to take it out of town with a passenger because of this problem! Thanks for posting.
urnmywy is offline   Reply With Quote