Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 01-21-2014, 01:46 PM   #155
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
What do you think of this?
Attached Images

Old 01-21-2014, 02:10 PM   #156
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
No matter what GM does with the next Camaro, some folks will love it and some will hate it. There's no getting around that.

The most resistance to change seems to be coming from some fans/owners of the current car. There seems to be a feeling that the current car is darn-near perfect, and GM shouldn't mess with success.

I understand that some folks are totally in love with their cars, and that's great, but let's face it, the world isn't standing still. GM is competing with the Mustang... and Chrysler/Fiat... and the Japanese... and the Germans.

The Camaro will change and must change. If you're enamored with the current Camaro, buy one. If you already own one and are totally in love with it but are afraid of the next generation, then consider buying a 2014 or 2015 while they're still available.

Meanwhile, some of us are looking forward to and welcoming the idea of an Alpha-platform Camaro. There are a lot of things I like about the current car (i.e., powertrains, styling), but there are some areas that I think could be improved (i.e., visibility, weight, etc). I'm hoping that the next Camaro is smaller and lighter but with the same great engines and design. We'll see...
Truer words have never been spoken.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:30 PM   #157
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
No matter what GM does with the next Camaro, some folks will love it and some will hate it. There's no getting around that.

The most resistance to change seems to be coming from some fans/owners of the current car. There seems to be a feeling that the current car is darn-near perfect, and GM shouldn't mess with success.

I understand that some folks are totally in love with their cars, and that's great, but let's face it, the world isn't standing still. GM is competing with the Mustang... and Chrysler/Fiat... and the Japanese... and the Germans.

The Camaro will change and must change. If you're enamored with the current Camaro, buy one. If you already own one and are totally in love with it but are afraid of the next generation, then consider buying a 2014 or 2015 while they're still available.

Meanwhile, some of us are looking forward to and welcoming the idea of an Alpha-platform Camaro. There are a lot of things I like about the current car (i.e., powertrains, styling), but there are some areas that I think could be improved (i.e., visibility, weight, etc). I'm hoping that the next Camaro is smaller and lighter but with the same great engines and design. We'll see...
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:59 PM   #158
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:

Very well put. I got the opportunity to drive a 5th Gen today that was not mine. (if you don't know, mine has been on the shelf for 6 months) I have been driving Bonnies Vette.

OMG............. I was immediately hit by how heavy that thing was. Wow. I'd love to see the Camaro lose some real weight.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:49 PM   #159
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Just got to nail the design. Thats it. I have no doubt the weight will improve, and no doubt that performance will improve.

Design is the only thing we don't have a clue on, and honestly, for me looks are probably the highest concern of mine, and to be frank I feel looks are the reason the Camaro has outsold the Mustang for the better part of 4 years.

GM surely knows this, so heres hoping they can continue the awesome design trend.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:31 PM   #160
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Just got to nail the design. Thats it. I have no doubt the weight will improve, and no doubt that performance will improve.

Design is the only thing we don't have a clue on, and honestly, for me looks are probably the highest concern of mine, and to be frank I feel looks are the reason the Camaro has outsold the Mustang for the better part of 4 years.

GM surely knows this, so heres hoping they can continue the awesome design trend.
I think you are absolutely right. It is beginning to get a bit stale though. I'll love mine for a long time.
Old 01-22-2014, 03:33 PM   #161
AzItaliaSS

Drives: 2010 2ss RJT LS3 GONE....
After seeing the new C7 numerous times, and spinning one around at Barrett this week, I am hoping for vast improvement for the next Gen camaro. I will have to say as well outta the three days I was there, the 5th gen camaro spectators seemed to be very diminished from the usual amount they attract each year. New gen mustang seemed to be doing very well, maybe cause its the newest? Hope the roles reverse next year!

VARARAM, SWSP 1 7/8 LT'S,X-PIPE,CAT DELETE,DYNOMAX RACE BULLETTS, LSR SHORT SHIFTER ,CUSTOM BLACK EMBLEMS,MPD1 SPOILER, HP TUNE BY GEARHEAD GARAGE, INTERIOR ABL LIGHTING, CUSTOM STRIPING BY BEAVER STRIPES, EIBACHS
AzItaliaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 04:30 PM   #162
shine2013

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT
I like the designs they came with for their recent cars. If the c7 is an indication, the 6th gen Camaro is going to be a head turner.
shine2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:48 PM   #163
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
I think think that the 6th Gen camaros will look nice but won't over take the 5th Gen in looks. Just like with the Retro looking mustangs .
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:41 PM   #164
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:

Nice post. Well said.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:46 PM   #165
jacksoncoffeeco

Drives: 2010 Hennessey HPE650
I'm not worried about them ruining the design. I'm more worried that they'll make it so good that no one will want the 5th generations and I'll have a car I can't sell, or have to give away.
jacksoncoffeeco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 12:50 AM   #166
supasport

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
honestly with the c7.. i think ferrari came to the chevy dealer and had unprotected sex with the corvette.... that thing looks amazing.
supasport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 06:41 AM   #167
screamin chicken

Drives: 95 TA 00 WS6
the rear needs wider tires on the C7, the wide body just makes the ones on it now seem so narrow
1995 TA A4

1999 EB expediton
1994 Dodge ram 5.9
screamin chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:45 AM   #168
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
GM has had enough time to develop a good design for the 6th gen, so IMO there isn't a good reason for them to screw up the design.

On the other hand, I am concerned as of late with the gm designs, as some of the small details with the newer designs have been busy and too cluttered in appearance.

GM will have their work cut out for them in designing the 6th gen. I hope that they will avoid some of the current design trends as seen on the new mustang, the corvette and some of the other japanese coupes.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation