Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 01-30-2013, 10:16 AM   #267
blkcamaro

Drives: 2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
5. Change the oval trunk opening - make it big enough to fit golf club bag in without first having to take out the driver & 3wood
THIS!
Old 01-30-2013, 10:58 AM   #268
Smkymts

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS
'69 style hideaway headlights and factory houndstooth seats. Navigation display and back up camera option for all models.
Smkymts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:14 PM   #269
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Not necessarily advocating for it......but it's no gimmick...truly saves gas, and is ingenious in its engineering.

I sincerely look forward to seeing how they have it operate on the LT1 in the Corvette. They wouldn't put something sub-standard on the Corvette...that's why the C6 didn't have it. So it should be pretty good.

My hope, and since they offer an "off" button for the AFM on the Vette, is that it is truly seamless, and doesn't effect the sound at all (with clever exhaust tuning, of course.)
Here is a compromise idea if some think they want AFM. Leave it in the high volume models, but make a competition oriented model without it. But still an affordable model, not just the uber expensive route like the Z06/ZR1.

Make a HO version of the LT1, +25 hp from base with the addition of a non-AFM cam. Put that engine in a lower volume track oriented model such as a 1LE. To compete against the Boss 302.

Then people can buy a non AFM manual trans version if they want one. And the masses can still have AFM in the higher volume models for EPA purposes.

BTW, I turned off AFM in my new Silverado. Zero difference in MPGs. It appears to be strictly aimed at EPA test parameters, and in my real world driving made zero difference. Zero benifit to mpgs, and all kinds of AFM related stuff added, low perf cam.... means I don't want it. Even if it did miraculously add 2 mps... don't care, this is a fun car not the daily driver fuel mizer.

My vote and hopefully the deciples take this foward.... make a performance version available with no AFM with the manual trans. And not just the uber expensive supercar beater model. Something affordable like the 1LE.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:19 PM   #270
liberty
Garage Queens - Not

Drives: '78 Camaro Z28, '80 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell James View Post
My vote and hopefully the deciples take this foward.... make a performance version available with no AFM with the manual trans. And not just the uber expensive supercar beater model. Something affordable like the 1LE.

For every drivetrain option, auto companies have to recertify, for the bureaucracy – another expense.

Last edited by liberty; 01-31-2013 at 10:51 PM.
liberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:03 AM   #271
CrudeJewelSS
Build,Race,Break,Repeat

Drives: 2010 Red Jewel Camaro 2SS 6M
adjustable selective rpm for launch controll, side view mirrors that tilt when in reverse so the wife quits curbing the wheels,multi colour choices in the interior lighting strip, yes halo lights standard, setting for running premium fuels,
CrudeJewelSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:49 PM   #272
GoldenBear
Bear Backer

Drives: 69 Camaro Z/28, 69 Corvette Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
ah yes -- hideaway headlamps.

Now - before I go further: I LOVED hide-away headlamps on the 1st gens - as well as Corvette and Caprice (68, 69) and El Dorado (67 and 68) --
I was sorry to see the hidden headlights go from the El Dorado starting with the 1969 model year, and on the second generation RS Camaros as well.
Current Chevrolets: 1969 Camaro Z/28 -- 1969 427/390 Corvette Convertible -- 1970 350/300 Corvette Convertible -- 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible -- CRT / Exposed CF Weave Hood Insert / Suede Package / Polished Wheels / MN6
GoldenBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:46 PM   #273
OverZeaLouS

Drives: 17 Camaro 2SS & 16 acura TLX
May i come out of hibernation to post up?

1. 3500lbs or less is the most important thing. (3300-3400lbs, ideal)
2. Overall length no longer than 185 inches. (180",ideal)
3. Lower by 1.0"
4. Width decreased by 2.4"
5. Wider standard tires. 9" F x 10" R
6. New digital gauge cluster
7. competition seat option (Recaro's?)
8. SS/1LE suspension becomes a universal option for all transmissions
9. Dual clutch Transmission option (DCT)
10. Aluminum chassis, Hood & trunk!!! Carbon fiber body can stay on the vette to cut costs

Engine... GM makes one friggin awesome v8. I know whatever they do their? They'll do it right.

Last edited by OverZeaLouS; 01-31-2013 at 02:59 PM.
OverZeaLouS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:38 PM   #274
efpardo
Deep6

Drives: 2016 Camaro #182300 | 2SS | HBM
Send a message via Skype™ to efpardo
Quote:
Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja View Post
So in other words.... AWD

A Corvette ZR1 (purely talking straight line racing here, and of course a ZR1 can/will be faster than a GT-R) doesn't scare a GT-R let alone a Camaro ZL1. A Twin Turbo V6 isn't going to make a GT-R wet it's pants
NO - Let's not go there

My Journals:
Erick's Mistress - Violet 2016 2SS
#182300 | 2SS | HBM |
Erick’s Mistress - 2010 2LT
#8212 | 2LT | RS | CGM | Litho #165 |
efpardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:30 PM   #275
KarFan

Drives: 2023 SGM Camaro 2SS 1LE 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
CTS is going to be on Alpha II which is a stretched version, every indication at this point in time is that the 6th gen Camaro will be on the same Alpha chassis as the ATS. I think it is you who misunderstand, most everyone that has been following the 6th gen Camaro developement from the start has a pretty good idea that it will be very close in size and weight with the ATS.
This is where our info seems to differ a bit. My point was that while Camaro will be Alpha based it won't share the same dimentions, wheelbase or weight with the ATS or CTS. However some good info suggests Camaro will have more in common with it's CTS Alpha mate than ATS. What that means 2.5 years out is anyones guess at this time.

Quote:
Your strandard answer/question on every thread I've seen you reply to (and I've not seen them all) is that 6th gen Camaro needs to be smaller and lighter, that conclusion has already been decided.
Clyde
Not all of them. I did wish you well a few months ago during a difficult time.
2002 White Camaro Z28 A4
KarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:43 AM   #276
mabroox
Camarwo

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray 2SS/RS
- Bring in Corvette's new interior, materials, color HUD, displays, etc.
- Simplify the controls on the steering wheel. Controls should be Intuitive
- Selectable color for dash lighting (even if footwell lighting is not selected as option)
- HD Radio
- Driver seat memory (just kidding, no one is driving this but me)
- Improved rear camera with path markers based upon wheel deflection
- Autoclimate control
- Cooled front seats. (Seats warm-up when you sit in them, they never get colder without help)
- Get rid of Bowtie on steering wheel. It's overkill. We know it's a Chevy. Put the Bowtie on the front and rear of car only..SS's should have SS on the front as standard (instead of Bowtie.
- Bring mail slot to all versions; functional in SS
- Make heritage grill standard but with better fitting materials
- Make HotWheel blue color available for non-special edition models
- More durable paint job
- Painted heritage stripes as an option instead of decal stripes
- Firebird/Trans Am Special Edition
- If not already standard, have smoked tail lights on all models
- Retain halo lights
- Front parking sensor
- Side mirrors with blind spot warning/tilt in reverse
- Lane change assist/adaptive cruise control
- Large trunk opening
- Keep blade spoiler option
- Make Magnetic ride suspension from ZL1 standard on SS
- Keep AFM (optional on stick or have mode to disable); let's face it -- fuel economy is becoming more important, so we need to make AFM available
- Bottomline: Let's forget about performance for a second: Chevy has Ford beat on visual design, so I'm not worried about how it's going to look. That said, Ford has Chevy beat on innovation. Look at all the safety and interior upgrades Ford has done over the last several years (blind spot, radar, adaptive cruise control, lane control, interior options and customization, etc). I want the new Camaro to be innovative, but at the end of the day, a C6 needs to be an American Muscle Car. It needs to be a Camaro. If Mustang is going with Euro-Styling..I want Camaro to scream 'Merica.

"Subtle 'bowtie' touches are fine, however not like it is on the Camaro. Everyone knows a Camaro is a Chevy, like they do with the Vettes. Lets lose some of the bowies. Not all, just some. Perhaps the old school badges, "Camaro by Chevrolet"."

- Oh and a website that actually allows you to display your customed/optioned Camaro with the options you selected. Camaro is a fast car, the website should be fast too.
mabroox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:21 PM   #277
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarFan View Post
This is where our info seems to differ a bit. My point was that while Camaro will be Alpha based it won't share the same dimentions, wheelbase or weight with the ATS or CTS. However some good info suggests Camaro will have more in common with it's CTS Alpha mate than ATS. What that means 2.5 years out is anyones guess at this time.

Not all of them. I did wish you well a few months ago during a difficult time.
I've seen references to Alpha+ for the CTS, I've seen the same reference for the 6th gen Camaro though no one seems to know where that info is originating. At this point until GM says something different, the sources I've heard say the 6th gen Camaro and ATS will share a chassis. Bear in mind that sharing the same chassis doesn't mean any of the dimensions have to be exactly the same. The end result should be an improvement in the physical footprint and a lower weight, many of the weight saving techniques used on the Alpha ATS will transfer directly to the 6th gen Camaro regardless of what chassis is used.
And I did appreciate your comments during that difficult time.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:59 PM   #278
Brad02SS

Drives: 02 35th LE SS, 08 G8 GT
T-tops!
GM already knows people want less weight
Similar look to the 5th Gen
V8 with 425-450hp +, manual trans, RWD, I'm happy.
Brad02SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:21 PM   #279
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad02SS View Post
T-tops!
GM already knows people want less weight
Similar look to the 5th Gen
V8 with 425-450hp +, manual trans, RWD, I'm happy.
T-tops and less weight don't mix well, with t-tops you have to add structural rigidity that the roof cannot do with t-tops unless a lot of extra weight is added in. And you certainly don't want any of that weight in the t-top roof structure as that would cause a higher center of gravity (and not good for handling), so the likely result would be strengthening the lower part of the car to carry that load, much like you add weight and structure for a convertible.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:21 PM   #280
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
T-tops and less weight don't mix well, with t-tops you have to add structural rigidity that the roof cannot do with t-tops unless a lot of extra weight is added in. And you certainly don't want any of that weight in the t-top roof structure as that would cause a higher center of gravity (and not good for handling), so the likely result would be strengthening the lower part of the car to carry that load, much like you add weight and structure for a convertible.
Clyde
....that's true Clyde, they already stated the T-top boat left shore to parts unknown along time ago,....que serra, serra....adios.

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation