Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: Should GM add Climate-Control as an option for the Camaro?
Yes 167 67.89%
No 79 32.11%
Voters: 246. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-27-2012, 09:12 AM   #113
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
What happened to performance being the interest in American muscle cars? I would rather that never be an option for the Camaro. I want a fast car, not a luxury car.
Yep.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:31 AM   #114
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Had it on the Malibu I traded for the Camaro. Did not like it. Making a car warm, or cool is not that difficult. I was very happy to see that the Camaro had the good old manual controls.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:52 PM   #115
Eich

Drives: '11 SW/Beige 2SS RS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMTool View Post
Had it on the Malibu I traded for the Camaro. Did not like it. Making a car warm, or cool is not that difficult. I was very happy to see that the Camaro had the good old manual controls.
Auto controls can be operated manually. A well programmed auto climate control is VERY convenient. I had a Mercedes that was perfect. Set it to 70 degrees and it read my mind. Blasted the cool on a hot day until the temp came down and then backed off the blower as it got closer to my desired temp.

This feature has become an expected feature in modern cars. No one NEEDS cruise control or delay wipers or speed controlled volume or auto dimming mirrors or automatic headlights or remote keyless entry or auto window up/down but these have all become expected features as LEAST as OPTIONS.
Eich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:20 PM   #116
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS 2011 View Post
Old school muscle guys would be disgusted at this thread.. I mean Most of them back in the day didn't have power steering or power brakes.. I mean We HAVE that AND AC and we are complaining about ACC?? Seriously? it's funny how some people have become so petty about stuff.. If you want automatic climate control get a Cadillac or a lexus or whatever.. Then complain about something else you have but want it suited to your needs.
Old school muscle guys grew up when many TVs were still black and white and could only tune 5 channels.

'Spose they don't need that 50" plasma hanging in their living room right now, do they?
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:14 PM   #117
CamaroFemme

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
I don't think it is petty to make a polite suggestion and, as a customer, state what you want. Now, if someone said, "I'M NOT BUYING THIS CAR - IT HAS NO ACC!" I'd say that was petty, but hey, their call and their loss.

Personally, I've never had a car that had it so I don't miss it. But I don't see it as that different from, say, the heated seats or the automatic lights. At first glance it seems like it would be nice to 'set and forget,' but I really don't like the air blowing full force and sometimes, like a poster above said, I just want the vents, so it sounds like I'd still be fiddling with the controls.

Ultimately, I won't vote because my answer is: it would depend on how much it would up the cost. Maybe if it was no more than $300 or so. I see people wanting more and more features, and that's fine, but I also see people wanting a reasonably affordable car.
Old 06-30-2012, 02:10 PM   #118
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFemme View Post
I don't think it is petty to make a polite suggestion and, as a customer, state what you want. Now, if someone said, "I'M NOT BUYING THIS CAR - IT HAS NO ACC!" I'd say that was petty, but hey, their call and their loss.

Personally, I've never had a car that had it so I don't miss it. But I don't see it as that different from, say, the heated seats or the automatic lights. At first glance it seems like it would be nice to 'set and forget,' but I really don't like the air blowing full force and sometimes, like a poster above said, I just want the vents, so it sounds like I'd still be fiddling with the controls.

Ultimately, I won't vote because my answer is: it would depend on how much it would up the cost. Maybe if it was no more than $300 or so. I see people wanting more and more features, and that's fine, but I also see people wanting a reasonably affordable car.

And you make a great point. I would suggest that auto climate control come with the "2" trim levels (2LT and 2SS) without raising their price already. In fact I'm rather surprised it hasn't since the 5th gen's inception. A $35k car today, no matter what kind of performance it has, what engine/drivetrain combination, or every other excuse people can throw saying "it's a CAMARO, not a Lexus", the combination of the following facts make auto climate control a must-have on the higher end Camaros:

1. an ultra competitive global car market the likes of which has never been seen before in history

2. the fact that an auto climate control system with today's technology is as cheap as a portable CD player (and with about as cutting edge of technology to boot).... in the 1980s it may have been extremely high tech but in 2010+ it's old school, really.

3. The fact that auto climate control has been out since 1959 (Cadillac Eldorado Series 62 was the first car with auto climate control) in an analogue format, and 1979 in an electronic/digital operation (the year Cadillac made all their climate control operations electronic/digital - companies like MB and BMW would not go to digital climate control until the late 80s), again, it's really old fashioned technology...... plus, GM has had dual zone electronic climate control since 1993....... AGAIN, proof it is NOT new technology!!!!
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote