Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 04-24-2022, 08:32 PM   #15
WiggyB

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
I used a uhaul trailer to bring my car back home and it wasn't bad BUT........ pay attention to these 2 things:

1. Don't pull the car too far forward. The front splitter will get caught over the front end of the trailer. If you do pull too far forward you will have to lift up on the front before you can back it off the trailer.

2. Please make sure you stop and check the straps on the front wheels. I can tell you that even though they look good and feel nice and tight when you first put them on they really cannot fit around the wheels. Parking break was set and the car was left in first gear after loading it so I was very lucky.

When I got home there were no straps on the tires even after I stopped twice and checked them both times. I lost out on the splitter and had to replace mines so I'm just speaking from experience.
WiggyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 01:14 PM   #16
TexasChile

Drives: Toyota
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiggyB View Post
I used a uhaul trailer to bring my car back home and it wasn't bad BUT........ pay attention to these 2 things:

1. Don't pull the car too far forward. The front splitter will get caught over the front end of the trailer. If you do pull too far forward you will have to lift up on the front before you can back it off the trailer.

2. Please make sure you stop and check the straps on the front wheels. I can tell you that even though they look good and feel nice and tight when you first put them on they really cannot fit around the wheels. Parking break was set and the car was left in first gear after loading it so I was very lucky.

When I got home there were no straps on the tires even after I stopped twice and checked them both times. I lost out on the splitter and had to replace mines so I'm just speaking from experience.
Thank you for posting and confirming why I am going to drive it back home. Sounds like too much potential for a problem.
TexasChile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 10:12 PM   #17
Bx_SS

Drives: SS
I use those u-haul trailers a lot. If you unbolt that front tire stop (one on each side)you will clear the front lip. Then you will have to buy a 2”x10”x8’ plank. Cut it in half. So you will have two 4’ lengths. And use those as an added ramps so you can drive up the pull out ramps. Strap down the front wheels. And I always strap down the rear diff carrier to the trailer. Cause I had my car dance side to side on the trailer.
Bx_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 10:51 AM   #18
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChile View Post
Thank you for posting and confirming why I am going to drive it back home. Sounds like too much potential for a problem.
Should be a fun drive anyway, varying your speed to break in the gears will give you an excuse to hit the go pedal.

What city you picking it up from, over my way?
Old 04-26-2022, 12:20 PM   #19
TexasChile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Should be a fun drive anyway, varying your speed to break in the gears will give you an excuse to hit the go pedal.

What city you picking it up from, over my way?
Picking it up in San Angelo, TX. Bringing it back to San Antonio.

I just went to Houston a few weekends ago to pick up two new Trek E-MTBs. I used to live in Houston (2000-2004). Houston is huge and growing like crazy. Unbelievable. I love TX.
Old 04-26-2022, 12:25 PM   #20
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChile View Post
Picking it up in San Angelo, TX. Bringing it back to San Antonio.

I just went to Houston a few weekends ago to pick up two new Trek E-MTBs. I used to live in Houston (2000-2004). Houston is huge and growing like crazy. Unbelievable. I love TX.
Oh nice, a nice drive indeed then. Could make a couple stops if you were so inclined, some nice places on your way back.

I love TX too. I am actually from South Africa, lived in TX almost all my life, and love what Houston has grown in to in the 10 years I have been here.

Congrats on the purchase, hope you enjoy your trip home.
Old 04-26-2022, 12:30 PM   #21
TexasChile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Oh nice, a nice drive indeed then. Could make a couple stops if you were so inclined, some nice places on your way back.

I love TX too. I am actually from South Africa, lived in TX almost all my life, and love what Houston has grown in to in the 10 years I have been here.

Congrats on the purchase, hope you enjoy your trip home.
Thanks. I just hope I get my car. With the things happening with orders, supply, etc., it is no longer a certain thing.
Old 04-26-2022, 01:10 PM   #22
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Have you thought about renting a car to go pick it up? I rented a car Indy to Detroit to pickup my truck back in 2019. Less than $150.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 11:07 PM   #23
TexasChile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post
Have you thought about renting a car to go pick it up? I rented a car Indy to Detroit to pickup my truck back in 2019. Less than $150.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
That's a good idea. I have done that myself. I rented a car one way to move from TN to NYC when I went to grad school there and did the same thing on the way back after school ended. I also thought about taking a Greyhound bus (it is about a 5 hour trip) but I have never taken a bus. I also used to hitch hike a little as a kid in the 1970s in my hometown so there's that option too ...