Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-31-2013, 01:49 PM   #15
Est.July.4.1776
The pride of the CN

Drives: '13 AGM 2SS/RS M6 & '70 Chevelle SS
Credit union will be financing the car... 2.24%, 78 months (Payment at 39k is around 580/mo)

keep in mind the almost $2,500 in taxes on the purchase, and the delivery fee, plates, etc... (included in the 39,418) With that in mind, should it still be around 37k?

Class 1 Freight Rail Conductor - Master Mason - NRA Life Member - Tennessee Squire - Firefighter I & II Certified

My other ride has 4,400+hp and corners like it's on rails... because it is.
Est.July.4.1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:01 PM   #16
2Carats

Drives: '12 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Yes.. I paid 37 for mine OTD. Cedit Union financed. All in all, if you are happy with that price, then go for it. Some have paid more, and some have paid less.

Also, check with your insurance company, they may have instant rebates... USAA did inwhich helped it get the price down to 37.
Mind controlled by Cerebro
Old 05-31-2013, 02:06 PM   #17
Est.July.4.1776
The pride of the CN

I'm really not blown away excited about it... especially with the stripes that I'll have removed to paint the ones I actually want, the wheels I'll swap out with some that I prefer, and embroidery that I'm not wild about... plus who cares about lighted cup-holders? But, at this point we've been looking for 25 days and still not come up with exactly what I wanted (2SS/RS M6, Summit White, Black Interior, Short Throw, Dual Mode exhaust... all of them out there seem to have SLP packages and other BS added on that I'm not interested in... I've started to lean towards Ashen Gray as something "different," since I see a lot of summit white out there...) So I'm kind of just ready to be done with it and settle on something that's gonna keep me happy with the purchase. I don't mind having a few things I didn't really want, as long as I feel like I'm getting a good deal.

Class 1 Freight Rail Conductor - Master Mason - NRA Life Member - Tennessee Squire - Firefighter I & II Certified

Old 05-31-2013, 02:08 PM   #18
Est.July.4.1776
The pride of the CN

(Also, I'd wait for the 2014 as someone suggested, but I really don't care for the narrower grille... too "Mustang" to me)

Last edited by Est.July.4.1776; 05-31-2013 at 02:08 PM. Reason: I can haz spelling fixes, yes?
Old 05-31-2013, 02:16 PM   #19
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
oh, I bet white stripes on ashen grey would look sexy.
Old 05-31-2013, 02:20 PM   #20
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Est.July.4.1776 View Post
Credit union will be financing the car... 2.24%, 78 months (Payment at 39k is around 580/mo)

keep in mind the almost $2,500 in taxes on the purchase, and the delivery fee, plates, etc... (included in the 39,418) With that in mind, should it still be around 37k?
Holy crap 78 months, you are going to be upside down for years. And that's nearly 7k in interest. I'm not going to go into a big lecture about this, but if you need to finance that far out you probably should not buy a 40k car.

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Old 05-31-2013, 02:27 PM   #21
2Carats

Drives: '12 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
I'm really not blown away excited about it... especially with the stripes that I'll have removed to paint the ones I actually want, the wheels I'll swap out with some that I prefer, and embroidery that I'm not wild about... plus who cares about lighted cup-holders? But, at this point we've been looking for 25 days and still not come up with exactly what I wanted (2SS/RS M6, Summit White, Black Interior, Short Throw, Dual Mode exhaust... all of them out there seem to have SLP packages and other BS added on that I'm not interested in... I've started to lean towards Ashen Gray as something "different," since I see a lot of summit white out there...) So I'm kind of just ready to be done with it and settle on something that's gonna keep me happy with the purchase. I don't mind having a few things I didn't really want, as long as I feel like I'm getting a good deal.
DO NO SETTLE!!!! If you really want an Summit White... trust me, it's out there. Get exactly what you want. If you settle for anything other that, you'll be disappointed down the road. You're paying a grip for a car... get exactly what you want!

Mind controlled by Cerebro
Old 05-31-2013, 02:34 PM   #22
byrosol
Thunderclap

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IBM (LS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
Holy crap 78 months, you are going to be upside down for years. And that's nearly 7k in interest. I'm not going to go into a big lecture about this, but if you need to finance that far out you probably should not buy a 40k car.

Sent from my 2SS/RS

this
- 20% tint
- Spyder CCFL Halo Projector Headlights
- Barton Pistol Grip Shifter
- Bumblebee custom stripe kit
byrosol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:35 PM   #23
thepirate

Drives: 2013 2SS
I have the same car with no sunroof and i got mine for 36,400 before tax and all that jazz....

I don't know if that helps at all.

Sorry, i don't remember what it came out to be after taxes, licensing, and fees.

2013 2SS
RS Package
Hurst Shifter
Touch Screen
Dual Exhaust Mode
Old 05-31-2013, 02:45 PM   #24
CRH83

Drives: 2013 Toyota SR5 4Runner 4x4
Why are you buying new? Do you have to have a 2013? There are plenty of 10'-11' 2SS/RS in Summit White over Black, used for about $10k less than what you are looking at...
CRH83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:54 PM   #25
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
If this car is not exactly what you want then wait and make the dealership find it , also did you get any discounts or rebates from GM? If not then just wait a month or so , There are plenty of 2013's still around and if that kind of jack$$ you should get EXACTLY what you want , if not wait for the 2014's and order one like you want with the color you want , dont let the sales people rush you , GL
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:55 PM   #26
thepirate

Drives: 2013 2SS
Also, i agree, don't settle. If you're buying a 38k car, get exactly what you want.
Old 05-31-2013, 03:28 PM   #27
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:

Hello Est.July.4.1776,

Seems you're having some difficulty finding what you're looking for. You can private message me what you're looking for in both options and I will see if I can help you in your search. Here to help.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 05-31-2013, 03:54 PM   #28
LSXaddict

Drives: 1ss in Blue Ray Metallic
DO NOT SETTLE. Have your salesman do a search for you and find you what you want. They can trailer it from the midwest if need be granted that will be charged to you (maybe $500 max). Get exactly what you want and don't let your salesman tell you he can't. I have had cars brought from pretty far away for customers and all GM certified dealerships have GM Global Connect which has a vehicle locator in it. You'll be saving money by not getting all those packages you don't want and will get exactly what you do want.

In fact I am at work right now so let me hop on there for you and do a nationwide search and I will let you know what I find close to Michigan.