Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-02-2016, 03:27 AM   #29
todd69gs

Drives: 2014 Crystal Red 1LE 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stacy View Post
Opps, sorry. I'm an alarmist on several other forums so I got distracted. Don't even get me started on the latest flap over the LG, Direct Drive Steam Washer warranty issue on the Home Appliance Forum. Put in an after market lint trap and they are contemplating voiding my warranty after the main bering seized.

No, I didn't have any details or a link, just heard it on the radio this morning and not a lot of detail. Ford was down something like 8%, but a little googling showed GM still sold more vehicles.

Sure, lots of excuses why they are sucking the big one. But I have been in business for many years. If sales are down 18% for the same period last year, no one at HQ is happy, or safe. I think we have seen that GM is a company with a LOT of room for improvement. This little fun fact just kind of puts an accent on some of the issues we have been hearing (and talking) about.

I don't personally have an axe to grind with GM. I just don't like seeing people being screwed over. For some reason, it seems the larger a company is, the more obstinate they can be. GM takes the cake in that department IMHO considering some of the issues I have been seeing.

I'll probably buy another Chevy some day, depending on how this rig does, but I perfer to buy from companies that can turn a profit without screwing over customers. To be honest, there are not many large companies that can (Think Comcast). Except maybe Amazon? They seem to understand where the customer is in the food chain. I always seem to get amazing service from them. Wish they sold cars.

Opps, got off track. An 18% drop in sales over last year is less of a thing if it rebounds. If it doesn't? Big trouble.

After hanging around these forums for awhile, I am kind of hoping something terrible doesn't happen to my car and wondering if it's just luck of the draw? But I am sure there are a lot of Camaro owner's out there that have had many thousands of trouble free miles. Right?

I love my car.
Hate to say it but I'm sorry I signed the petition now. Now I'm being flooded with emails every time you go on another rant about GM. Time to opt out.
We all know the catch can was a raw deal but somehow trying to connect the dots with a sales dip is laughable. Like a previous poster mentioned a monthly drop a year after a record month is very common.
You should probably sell your Camaro so you can sleep at night.
todd69gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 06:08 AM   #30
Magz_rule

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd69gs View Post
Hate to say it but I'm sorry I signed the petition now. Now I'm being flooded with emails every time you go on another rant about GM. Time to opt out.
We all know the catch can was a raw deal but somehow trying to connect the dots with a sales dip is laughable. Like a previous poster mentioned a monthly drop a year after a record month is very common.
You should probably sell your Camaro so you can sleep at night.
x2
Magz_rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 06:54 AM   #31
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Wait, I thought the dude abides?!!?!?!?! lol

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/abide
transitive verb

1: to wait for : await

2 a : to endure without yielding : withstand b : to bear patiently : tolerate <cannot abide such bigots>

3: to accept without objection <will abide your decision>
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 07:48 AM   #32
Hurst
Camaros Of Northwest Ohio

Drives: 2013 SIM 2SS/RS, LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfhall11 View Post
GM, which sold 240,450 vehicles in May, dropped more than analyst forecasts. GM blamed its drop on a short sales month, tight supplies of new models such as the Chevrolet Cruze and Chevrolet Malibu...

I can see that. In my area, trying to find a new Cruze or Malibu is ridiculous ( other than a stripped down LS model). For that matter, I find only a few (4-5) GMC Canyons on a lot at any given time. The packaging is also limited. Seems the days of "Ordering what you want" are dying quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-02-2016, 08:21 AM   #33
hazy

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerTM View Post
Did a GM rep eat your baby Mr. Stacy? I have never seen someone complain so much about something that doesn't involve them. I wish I could block some "contributors" on here like on social media.
you can.

Click on their username in a thread >> view public profile >> beneath their username on the profile is a "user lists" option, click on that >> "add to ignore list"

hazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 09:23 AM   #34
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzobian View Post
Those who will never buy a GM again do understand economics right? Coming off of record high YOY numbers, this is completely normal and expected. In fact, analysts expected a worse number from automakers in general than what we got today. I didn't see anyone giving GM kudos last year when their sales skyrocketed double digits. Maybe they were doing more catch can warranties back then than they are now.
GM haters, your Kia awaits. Comes with a 100k warranty. Feel free to jump ship anytime
This is true. ....when sales are strong and records are broken companies tend to set even higher goals for sales. I didn't look at the graph but if you go back over the last 5 years you will see averages from all auto makers. New model releases in popular cars and trucks tend to spike sales. In contrast when vehicles are in their last model year sales tend to slow before new model releases. Way more things involved in sales then just vehicles out the door
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 09:30 AM   #35
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazy View Post
you can.

Click on their username in a thread >> view public profile >> beneath their username on the profile is a "user lists" option, click on that >> "add to ignore list"

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 09:47 AM   #36
nosmr2

Drives: 2011 L99 SS
Quote:
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you
Blocking is an awesome feature.

nosmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 09:49 AM   #37
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Et tu, Brute? Wow, how quickly some turn on Mr. Stacy. If it were my botched warranty, I'd want The Dude (or someone like him) on my side.
Old 06-02-2016, 09:52 AM   #38
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
Et tu, Brute? Wow, how quickly some turn on Mr. Stacy. If it were my botched warranty, I'd want The Dude (or someone like him) on my side.
It's not a matter of him having another owners back, it's a matter of having to listen to him complain on every corner of every thread like the sky is falling. It clearly is not getting the catch can cause any traction either, it just annoying a bunch of car owners on a forum who have no control of the situation.
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 09:58 AM   #39
Lacpac

Drives: 2012 Crystal Red Tintcoat RS
Malibu sales are up because of the huge redesign. Truck sales are strong as ever.
Ford reduced the weight of it's hefty pick-ups roughly 700 pounds by going to Aluminum, but nobody ever mentions they are only 80 pounds lighter than a GMC since GMC has been using High Strength Steel, which is light and strong.
Lacpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 10:02 AM   #40
Silver14

Drives: 2014 SIM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazy View Post
you can.

A+, thanks a ton.
Silver14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 10:06 AM   #41
Silver14

Drives: 2014 SIM 2SS
Quote:
It's not a matter of him having another owners back, it's a matter of having to listen to him complain on every corner of every thread like the sky is falling. It clearly is not getting the catch can cause any traction either, it just annoying a bunch of car owners on a forum who have no control of the situation.
Not only do none of us have any control over the situation, none of us even know the complete details of the situation. It is absolutely fascinating that someone with no dog in the fight has let a warranty denial on a modified car thousands of miles away get them so wound up.
Silver14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 10:20 AM   #42
SS376

Drives: 2013 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzobian View Post
Those who will never buy a GM again do understand economics right? Coming off of record high YOY numbers, this is completely normal and expected. In fact, analysts expected a worse number from automakers in general than what we got today. I didn't see anyone giving GM kudos last year when their sales skyrocketed double digits. Maybe they were doing more catch can warranties back then than they are now.
GM haters, your Kia awaits. Comes with a 100k warranty. Feel free to jump ship anytime
GM's May numbers were worse than analysts expected, however, given fleet sales reductions and fewer selling days, it's not as bad as it looked.
SS376 is offline   Reply With Quote