Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-11-2015, 10:07 AM   #155
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yescats View Post
To try to understand that mindset I even bought a book titled Less is More: Embracing Simplicity for a Healthy Planet, a Caring Economy and Lasting Happiness

Still I just can't grasp the concept of self imposed moderation. However I'm glad other people do. More for me.

Coincidentally this thread just popped up... http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=426010
Neitzche and Camaros, Brilliant! The line about not being able to coexist as the herd tries to impose its morality is probably the summation of this thread. It was probably just fodder for debate anyway, but I too can't get my head around self imposed moderation - even if the poison in question is slowly killing me.

Generally speaking, man will always do what brings him the most pleasure. If performance isn't part of the equation for owning a Camaro, then I question the point of driving one.
Old 10-11-2015, 12:13 PM   #156
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Wtf is going on here....rangers suck. There that's better.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 06:44 AM   #157
Bodywerks

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew peacock View Post
She must be crazy
mpg wont be much difference...resale value of the v6 will be though..he will regret this 100%
fixed it for ya...
HSA delete, VMAX throttle body, CAI inc. Intake, PRC255 heads, BTR 660 springs, BTR cryo-treated rockers, PAT G 232/240 .654/.626 110+2, johnson 2110's, Manton 502 pushrods, C5R, Melling high volume/high pressure, Powerbond 25% underdrive pulley, Proform covers, Kooks stepped headers, catless mids, Doug Thorley exhaust. 512rwhp, 446rwtq on a mustang dyno, tuned by Cunningham motorsports.
Bodywerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 08:05 AM   #158
yescats

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS L99 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodywerks View Post
fixed it for ya...
Either that or, "there's a woman to blame"
yescats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 09:05 AM   #159
Motopsycho

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
You could also have your SS tuned to optimize the fuel mixture. I've heard of gas mileage increases up to 2 miles per gallon with a good tune. Frankly if I was going to switch to a V6, I probably wouldn't buy a Camaro, but to each his own. Stew on it for a few days before you do it...you might be able to find better ways to save $$$ than trading in your SS.
Old 10-12-2015, 10:26 AM   #160
Dfault

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
If you're trying to save money, you've purchased the wrong car. You should have bought a 90's civic with 4 doors. I'm not going to be nice like most of these guys here.

You are an absolute idiot.

This is a sports car, sports cars are purchased by people that can afford them and not put a crutch on their every day life.

Most here don't have it as their only car, and if they do it's probably because they don't have kids, or their kids are already old enough to have their own cars.

You need to evaluate exactly what you want to do with your money, because if saving money is your priority, you're in the wrong car. Switching to a V6 will NOT solve your problems because it's still not going to change your insurance much, you might save $100-$150 a month. Not only that, you're going to give up a car that is going to hold it's value more for a car that is depreciating faster than a dog getting older.

You've only had your SS for several months and you're already regretting your purchase? You should have test driven one for a while, or have done your research a little more before buying it.

Like I said though, if saving money is a priority and having a slightly higher car payment with the SS is really hurting you, then you couldn't afford the car to begin with.
Dfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 11:01 AM   #161
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motopsycho View Post
You could also have your SS tuned to optimize the fuel mixture. I've heard of gas mileage increases up to 2 miles per gallon with a good tune. Frankly if I was going to switch to a V6, I probably wouldn't buy a Camaro, but to each his own. Stew on it for a few days before you do it...you might be able to find better ways to save $$$ than trading in your SS.
I didn't get to experience this.....I kept on hammering it to feel the effects of my tune.....just can't win.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 11:49 AM   #162
norf

Drives: 2023 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfault View Post
. Not only that, you're going to give up a car that is going to hold it's value more for a car that is depreciating faster than a dog getting older.
Care to back that statement up?
norf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 11:50 AM   #163
Neuf Cruz

Drives: 2011 LS Black on Black 6speed
Quote:
If you're trying to save money, you've purchased the wrong car. You should have bought a 90's civic with 4 doors. I'm not going to be nice like most of these guys here.

This is a sports car, sports cars are purchased by people that can afford them and not put a crutch on their every day life.

Most here don't have it as their only car, and if they do it's probably because they don't have kids, or their kids are already old enough to have their own cars.

You need to evaluate exactly what you want to do with your money, because if saving money is your priority, you're in the wrong car. Switching to a V6 will NOT solve your problems because it's still not going to change your insurance much, you might save $100-$150 a month. Not only that, you're going to give up a car that is going to hold it's value more for a car that is depreciating faster than a dog getting older.

You've only had your SS for several months and you're already regretting your purchase? You should have test driven one for a while, or have done your research a little more before buying it.

Like I said though, if saving money is a priority and having a slightly higher car payment with the SS is really hurting you, then you couldn't afford the car to begin with.

Not disagreeing with all said but with 80K thousand members (just this site) you really think that the majority bought the Camaro (mostly V6) as a second car or toy\weekend cruiser? Wasn't aware that so many were so well off to have a $20+K "toy".

Roto-Fab CAI-Ported Throttle Body-Black Ice Isolator-Flow Master Axle Back-RX-Catch Can-Hurst Short Throw Shifter-Trifecta Tune\Ghost Cam

Phantom Billet Grill-Billet Fuel Door-Side Gills-Headlight Armor Black Out Kit-Zenik Rims-Lowering Springs-MGP Caliper Covers-Dome\Trunk\Footwell Lighting.
Neuf Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 11:56 AM   #164
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Psh, I'm thinking of buying a 30k toy. I make barely over minimum wage haha.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 12:11 PM   #165
jcampos

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS
Quote:

Lol agreed, i have a newborn and i spend too much money on my car all the while taking care of my expenses like paying for 93 octane lol. But of course my wife has her own car as well so mine is not often needed for transportation of family!
jcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 03:25 PM   #166
Dfault

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuf Cruz View Post
Not disagreeing with all said but with 80K thousand members (just this site) you really think that the majority bought the Camaro (mostly V6) as a second car or toy\weekend cruiser? Wasn't aware that so many were so well off to have a $20+K "toy".
No, but those that bought this as a primary source of transportation probably don't have kids to worry about. Or their other bills don't account for more than 40-50% of their monthly income.

From the sounds of it, the OP regrets buying a SLIGHTLY more expensive car, which means he can't afford a sports car period.

1. It's used, and barely costs more than the V6 he's wanting to get.
2. A MINIMAL decrease in monthly/yearly cost as he describes it, won't make a difference making it overall, still an expensive car. So, he can't afford the car. He SHOULD have bought a civic for $2500 and called it a day.
Dfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 04:15 PM   #167
jcampos

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by yescats View Post
Yes he is crazy. There's a voice in his head saying you don't deserve an SS. Or he's not telling us the full story. Maybe his wife or his mother is making him.
Lmao, "no mommy i love this car i promise to take out the trash from now on" haha poor guy is whipped
jcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 02:36 PM   #168
SupportGeek

Drives: 2015 1SS/RS Blue Velvet Metallic
Could be that he had a life changing event, maybe he got demoted, maybe his wife lost her job. Could be any number of reasons he wants to downgrade.
Its just fine if he wants to downgrade, he has been warned about the financial impact by others and he seems ok to live with it, but really, its a good way to stay in the Camaro "club" and free up a few dollars a month IMO.
SupportGeek is offline   Reply With Quote