Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 01-08-2015, 11:55 AM   #15
benji276289

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2SS1LE, 6 spd.man., Ora
Send a message via Skype™ to benji276289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockoutpie View Post
This is mainly all 100% false, With mylink you'll spend...
Don't lie about my post. It was 100% accurate. I said it wasn't perfect. But it beats after market systems that you may or may not be lucky to have way more problems than the stock factory Mylink. I repeat...Mylink is not perfect. It is less unperfect than after market systems.
benji276289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 12:04 PM   #16
Eich

Drives: '11 SW/Beige 2SS RS Manual
Everyone is different. I had the Metra kit with a Pioneer touchscreen head unit. It annoyed me the longer I used it. It was definitely an overall improvement over the abomination that the car came with (pre-MyLink). But looks weren't great, chimes didn't sound the same and were cutoff at times, turn signal "click" went from a nice electronic "click" to a nasty sounding mechanical relay, HVAC controls weren't nearly as easy to use, touchscreen wasn't overly responsive, navigation was mostly bad, volume knob was entirely too small, vehicle settings gone-requiring another device to change them.

Then I switched to MyLink using the Gen5DIY kit and love it. I never use it's navigation (use Google/Waze) but testing on a few common places, it gave better routes than my Pioneer did. Touchscreen is better/bigger, HVAC controls are much better, overall looks are far better IMO, reverse camera switch-on is faster, Bluetooth to my iPhone just as good or better than the Pioneer, chimes are all factory, Sirius/XM built in, user interface looks more modern than my Pioneer.
Eich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 04:50 PM   #17
jeffa

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS Ashen Gray Metallic
On my 2012 LT, I had a Scosche kit with an Alpine S920 head unit. Everything worked great, and I had no issues with the Scosche kit for the year it was in the car. The Alpine worked great and sounded great, no issues with steering wheel controls.

I now have a 2014 2LT with My Link. I think that it works as well as the Alpine did as far as touchscreen sensitivity and ease of use. While the My Link does not have the DVD/CD player, I don't miss it as I listen to mostly Pandora, XM and music stored on memory sticks. The Alpine had more sound controls (7 band EQ, time alignment and crossover adjustment than the My Link, but that can be fixed with aftermarket processors. So far my nav in the My Link has worked perfectly every time I have used it, and I like that the nav information is displayed in the HUD, which the Alpine could not do.

Also, the MY Link has voice control, while the Alpine did not. I also like the factory HVAC controls better than either Scosche or Metra. I will be upgrading the system shortly, and plan to use the My Link with upgraded amps and processor, upgrades to the factory Boston speakers, and adding my ******** 10" box that I had in my last Camaro.

While the My Link has some areas that could be better, after 6 months of using it, I have come to the conclusion that for me the My Link system works just fine....
jeffa is offline   Reply With Quote