Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old Today, 09:09 AM   #43
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlukeSS View Post
Went to the drag strip again got 3 runs in. All the shift points were raised, airflow adjusted, timing adjusted, among other things.

According to the original logs, Apparently the tune I got after rebuild was an extremely conservative tune. According to calculations of the log only 525 hp at the crank. Don't ask, I have no idea why.

After retune according to log calculations 591 at the crank. Prior tune car was barely moving more air than stock.

Definitely did better on gas pedal was at 100% throttle at 6mph. Also ran with TC and stabilitrak completely off. Also had some decent reaction times even though don't matter on test n tune.

Edit: What I think probably happened that explains my dyno numbers: The shop that rebuilt my engine probably did a max effort tune just to see what the car could do, then gave me the conservative tune I asked for. The new tune I am using now is more or less in between 100% aggressive and 100% conservative. Or at least that is how I explained it to Justin when he was going through it.

Temperature Range: 75-80 degrees F
DA Range: 2500 to 2589
Tire Pressure: 17 PSI warm
Track Condition: Good
Retuned by: Justin L.

Set new best time, best 60 ft, and best ET on the 3rd run. Each run I had was improved from the last. Now I really want that 55 degree day back with -200 to 300 DA.

Getting better...It still seems lazy out of the hole like there is a delay on the initial hit of the throttle. You should be able to 1.6 60ft fairly easy. Next time out try brake stalling it as high as it will go. 2200rpm or so and see what happens.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:29 PM   #44
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
Getting better...It still seems lazy out of the hole like there is a delay on the initial hit of the throttle. You should be able to 1.6 60ft fairly easy. Next time out try brake stalling it as high as it will go. 2200rpm or so and see what happens.
That happens between 2000-2500 rpm, Stock torque converter, but the car seems to respond well at 1500 rpm brake torqueing, I was thinking the same thing as you, try to stall it higher around 2000 see if anything changes.

Trying to get over the hesitation from the TC. I'd use Launch control if I could ever figure out how to get the damn thing to work, every time I've tried all I did was spun the tires.
2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | K&N Typhoon CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | LS MSD Plug Wire Set | DOD Delete | BTR Stage I Cam | ECM, TCM & E85 |Retuned by: Justin L. | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq
FlukeSS is offline   Reply With Quote