Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-23-2017, 03:28 PM   #1
aw113sgte

Drives: none
Stereo interface question

Is there any way to pop in a usb drive and select a particular folder to play songs from?
Basically what I want to do is create a playlist on the USB drive say a "party mix" or "new music" or the like. Is there any easy way to do this? As far as I can tell, it automatically reads the MP3 data (Artist/album) and strips away the folder data.
aw113sgte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 04:00 PM   #2
jeverton

Drives: 2017 Camaro 50th Anniversary 2SS
Why not just place the music in the root of the USB drive? That is what I did and it works perfectly.
jeverton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 06:02 PM   #3
aw113sgte

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeverton View Post
Why not just place the music in the root of the USB drive? That is what I did and it works perfectly.
I'm guessing it doesn't work well if you have lots of other music on there though? Say you have 50 different albums and and just want to listen to one folder with a mixture of songs.

This is for the wife and I'm trying to make it easy and simple for her.
Old 02-23-2017, 06:59 PM   #4
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by aw113sgte View Post
Is there any way to pop in a usb drive and select a particular folder to play songs from?
Basically what I want to do is create a playlist on the USB drive say a "party mix" or "new music" or the like. Is there any easy way to do this? As far as I can tell, it automatically reads the MP3 data (Artist/album) and strips away the folder data.
The formula I found that works best for large or multiple playlist collections. Make several folders to match your desired playlists on the drive. Then use a media player (I use Windows Media Player) to add all the songs from one of those folders to a playlist. Then create another folder on the drive labeled "Playlists" and save it there. Save it as a M3U playlist type.

Now you can use the playlist menu in myLink or via voice command normally and it will use whichever playlist you select.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 06:16 AM   #5
aw113sgte

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
The formula I found that works best for large or multiple playlist collections. Make several folders to match your desired playlists on the drive. Then use a media player (I use Windows Media Player) to add all the songs from one of those folders to a playlist. Then create another folder on the drive labeled "Playlists" and save it there. Save it as a M3U playlist type.

Now you can use the playlist menu in myLink or via voice command normally and it will use whichever playlist you select.
Oh awesome, I think that method will work well! Didn't know it would detect playlist files.
Old 02-24-2017, 01:43 PM   #6
MotownBoy

Drives: 2017 2SS Stick Hyper Blue
Thumb drives are dirt cheap & I'm not the best tech guy. So, I bought a bunch of cheap thumb drives and will use to create one playlist per drive. Paid $2.30/drive.

Basically, I'll use a USB like a CD; popping in the playlist of interest and switching to another when the mood strikes.

Cheap, easy for us low tech types.
MotownBoy is offline   Reply With Quote