Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-29-2020, 03:14 PM   #85
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
I just wanted a fair fight with the drag race. The 38degree weather test was ridiculous with these GY tires. Not to mention the regular ZL1 A10 is the best iteration of the camaro for a straight line test. So it fells really good that these guys took that into consideration and look what happened....dusted
And the regular GT500 is the best version of the 500 for the 1/4 but that point aside.

The reason it got dusted was the delay in the launch control... why there is a full 1 second delay I have no idea but there is. If you rewatch the drag segment, Jason talks about it then when the cars do take off, you can see the ZL1 is already up and moving and then Thomas say oh the delay then the 500 gets moving and that was all she wrote and the Camaro had a clean path to victory. And I am not using that as an excuse lol, that is literally what happened. In a race like that, that's just tough luck for the GT500. The ZLE would have done just as well

That 1 second delay could be the demise of a lot 500s at the strip. They might turn faster ETs but people might beat them because of that delay.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(

Last edited by shaffe; 01-29-2020 at 03:38 PM.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 03:16 PM   #86
CDFF

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Wonder how fast the gt500 will be with new Cup 2’s around big willow?
CDFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 03:28 PM   #87
Revalot

Drives: ZL1/1LE parts added
Location: Somewhere around Texas pines tress and smooth asphalt
Great test of machines ! Let's be honest, if you on any of these cars your fortunate ! I wouldn't trade mine for anything, A ZL1 6 speed with 1LE parts added and no DSSV is the way to go !
Revalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 03:34 PM   #88
Tricksta

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Great Video!
Old 01-29-2020, 03:52 PM   #89
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Is the actual delay a second or is that just an exaggeration? Doesn't sound believable, but it's Ford.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 03:58 PM   #90
philpacs

Drives: Camaro ZL1 A10
Yep the 1LE represented well and I agree with Randy being the best value. But you have to give props to the GT500 being 10 mph faster in the straights according to randy. I'd love to own one but not for that money when the 1LE exists for less. Imagine what another 100+ hp in a camaro would do to the stang. The 1LE punches way about it's belt.
philpacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 04:00 PM   #91
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
the full second might be an exaggeration. was just quoting Jason from the video
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 04:05 PM   #92
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Thanks for helping to clear some things up James!!! Thanks for the great videos, too!!!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 04:08 PM   #93
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by philpacs View Post
Yep the 1LE represented well and I agree with Randy being the best value. But you have to give props to the GT500 being 10 mph faster in the straights according to randy. I'd love to own one but not for that money when the 1LE exists for less. Imagine what another 100+ hp in a camaro would do to the stang. The 1LE punches way about it's belt.
That is the easy part, props go to the Mustang for still being able to turn as well as it does considering its weight.

ANYONE can add more power and get more speed on the straights, that part is not very impressive to me at all.
Old 01-29-2020, 04:10 PM   #94
Noreplacement

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Vert
Well done comparison. This is the golden age of great automobiles.
Noreplacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 04:16 PM   #95
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revalot View Post
Great test of machines ! Let's be honest, if you on any of these cars your fortunate ! I wouldn't trade mine for anything, A ZL1 6 speed with 1LE parts added and no DSSV is the way to go !
Old 01-29-2020, 04:24 PM   #96
minn19

Drives: 22 ZL1, 20 Taco, 20 Cayenne S
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-99SS View Post
Couldn't agree more.

Track alignment would have made the lap time gap much worse, so I question Randy's comment even further on fresher tires making up the difference and then some.
Agreed and already just like the GT350..........the GT500 forum is starting to have too many threads referencing poor reliability and build quality. I was/am watching to see if Ford stepped up their game and early on it isn't sounding great. I know Chevy has had their very public issues (especially with certain Vettes) and some oil pump issues on early ZL1s, but nothing like I experienced with my GT350 and what early on seems to be happening to the GT500. I still can't believe Ford (or any car company) has issues in 2020 with basic body panel alignment. To me this is just plain lazy and shows a complete lack of pride in your product.
minn19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 04:39 PM   #97
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreedYou View Post
I just absolutely love how excited blaq got in this thread, you can almost picture him wiggling in his chair lol.

THAT was adorable.

The ZL1 is a beast as usual!
Honorable mention to TreedYou in recognition of his ongoing Blagwhole man crush.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 05:02 PM   #98
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Thanks James.

Any 1st year car is a gamble but with Ford it's more likely than most manufacturers you'll run into issues, ime. I hope GM gets the C8 right from the start!

The cars in the test are all pretty different... a flying couch, a good all-'rounder and a more track focused car. Nice to have choices...