Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-09-2020, 10:06 PM   #29
DC5

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost_SS View Post
Brentwood Tenesse. I live in SoCal so super far away. I really want either satin gray metallic or black. Leaning towards the satin gray. In my area I've had very little luck so have expanded the search.
Brentwood, Tennessee, is one of the wealthiest zip codes in the United States, so perhaps it was an emotional purchase that quickly resulted in buyer's remorse. Alternatively, maybe a man's wife started listening to Dave Ramsey, who also resides in Brentwood, Tennessee, and forced him to sell the vehicle. Regardless, good luck with your search and purchase!
DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 10:19 PM   #30
Frost_SS

Drives: Camaro
Hey guys sorry for the delay. I want to thank everyone in this thread who has contributed and given great advise. Lemonsquad seems to be worth the money as long as the dealer is ok with it. (not sure if they can say no or not really). All the info you guys have shared is great for anyone any my situation and I appreciate it. I may try to contact a few of you in a PM for more specific questions .

TP2SS I actually havent seen this color in person, only in photos and videos. The color has really grown on me since i saw it and a local dealership just posted a normal 2ss with the Satin Gray colors. I plan to go see it by Saturday. I prefer the 1le looks for sure but atleast i will see how the gray looks in person before making a purchase. haha

I am actually relocating to Texas in May so having to double check CA smog really irks me. i had to jump through hoops to get my 09 Civic SI legal here. i am NOT going to miss the CA regulations a bit. I plan to reach out to the Dealer soon to get more info. They have another 'sister' company in Los Angeles (appears Sonic automotive is huge) and maybe i can get them to ship it there if they know im serious.

Last edited by Frost_SS; 01-09-2020 at 10:43 PM.
Frost_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 10:19 PM   #31
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
That's a good price. Dealer has a terrible rating though.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 10:26 PM   #32
Tyestick

Drives: 19’ Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Oh, man....Do not buy a car that does not have California emissions. It will be a nightmare to get it registered here. Make sure it has California emissions. If not, I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. Be careful and do your homework...Good luck...

https://mde.maryland.gov/programs/Ai...es/states.aspx

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/de...rYEoGg3dpEVXs/
Great advice!
Old 01-09-2020, 11:33 PM   #33
crab

Drives: 2019 1LE
I can tell you the grey is really nice in person but in pictures the beauty doesn't quite come thru...
Attached Images

crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 06:16 AM   #34
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Yes it is crab!!��
Old 01-10-2020, 08:22 AM   #35
Mov Ov3r
What speed limit?

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
I am actually relocating to Texas in May so having to double check CA smog really irks me. i had to jump through hoops to get my 09 Civic SI legal here. i am NOT going to miss the CA regulations a bit. I plan to reach out to the Dealer soon to get more info. They have another 'sister' company in Los Angeles (appears Sonic automotive is huge) and maybe i can get them to ship it there if they know im serious.
Much friendlier regulations here in Tx, maybe consider holding on the purchase until you move here, then you worry none about emissions unless you are dead set on that particular 1LE.

Again they should be able to ship the car to their partners across the US I have an Aunt who is a CFO of several dealerships and they partner all over the country to move vehicles into respective markets. IE Texas is a big truck sales state so a lot of dealers will move truck inventory here.
Mov Ov3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 06:23 PM   #36
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Long distance buying can suck. Gm certified can minimize some risk as can Carfax. Be patient and have your funds in order. Patience wins the day.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 07:29 PM   #37
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
The cost of a airplane ticket is well worth it to make sure it's what you want.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 07:52 PM   #38
Frost_SS

Thanks for the replies everyone. Unfortunately it looks like it was sold today. It is no longer listed. I plan to go look at a regular 2ss tomorrow to see how the satin gray looks in person but I 100% want the 1le. Pretty lame it sold. Looks like the hunt continues.
Old 01-10-2020, 08:19 PM   #39
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Thanks for the replies everyone. Unfortunately it looks like it was sold today. It is no longer listed. I plan to go look at a regular 2ss tomorrow to see how the satin gray looks in person but I 100% want the 1le. Pretty lame it sold. Looks like the hunt continues.
FYI, it took me about 5 months.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 08:36 PM   #40
Dark Phoenix

Drives: 2022 Camaro 1SS Redline
Don’t buy used out of state unless you do what TP2SS said. I bought my last car used out of state from a large high volume dealership in Northern VA (Tyson’s Corner) I didn’t have anyone local to check it out or a mechanic to check it out. Car was very low miles, clean carfax, beyond that a nightmare’s with of issues that they stood behind nothing on the car after leaving the lot.
Dark Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 09:07 PM   #41
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Keep looking Frost! Think about maybe ordering a 2020 1LE to get what you want and that Satin Steel Gray does look good!
Old 01-10-2020, 11:26 PM   #42
Frost_SS

I'll for sure be on the hunt! Thanks again for all the help everyone. If I do go used and out of state I'll be taking extra precautions.