Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Thread Closed

Old 02-25-2013, 03:09 AM   #225
WhiteOut13
Phantom Menace

Drives: '13 Summit White Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopyAce7 View Post
I haven't seen any ZL1s in Woodbridge, you should be fine.
I'm from Woodbridge, and he's the only one with one
The next best Camaro is a black SS with sunroof, doesn't even come close.

Just be happy you have an original, OP. In my opinion the ZL1 front fascia conversion is one of the best mods out there for Camaro enthusiats. Looks sweet, especially with the grille and foglight setup change
Old 02-25-2013, 06:11 AM   #226
RedWingsZL1

Drives: 2013 AGM M6 ZL1, 2008 Tahoe LTZ
Look back to the 1994-1996 Impala SS. How many 1994-1996 Caprice 9C1s or even 305 caprices were re-done by owners to resemble an Impala SS. I believe all this did was make people realize the importance of an actual Impala SS and help keep it's value steady as even past year 2000 the demand for a Impala SS. Hell all three Caprice's that i owned had impala grills. One had impala SS seats, center console and badges.

Clones do nothing but make the original more wanted and sought after as years go by.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:54 AM   #227
StangKiller-SS

Drives: GM products
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
GM, just me personally but id take some consideration into making the ZL1, Z/28 models (or whatever high end model you deicde to go with) harder for others to make there LS/LT/SS into them. It may be impossible but owning several models I've never been the type to slap other models parts on it to make it a clone(unless it was produced that way from factory, i.e 1LE). It may be harder to manufacture but making it extremely difficult would deter others to clone.

Some may disagree but owning a ZL1 I've seen alot of cloning/copying going on as of lately, from the 1LE/ZL1 rims, to ZL1 conversion kits. It makes owning an actual ZL1 alittle less pleasing. I understand rims being easy to buy but making exterior changes to the body dramatically will make people think twice about doing major modifications. Simple bolt-on parts are what is making people do it, take that way, and that'll cure that issue. I understand you'll stay have the die hard cloners but giving them some speed bumps could be easy. Just like its hard for others to install the mylink Nav into older models the same could be done for other areas.

Just my thoughts and opinions. Thanks.
Seriously grow up!! You ever think that some people could only dream to have a ZL1 like you do and it's something that's not in the cards for them at all, so thus they do the best they can and attempt to create the car that makes them happy? Not everyone has loaded pockets like you, especially when you have to account having a family or owning a house as well.

Now some guys do it only for a custom look, not to clone a certain car. Would you like to tell someone like Lukeko that you're pissed because he installed a ZL1 front end on his proud SLP ZL600 soon ZL770? I'm sure you would hold a special exception there, am I right?

People like you are what hurts the whole entire hobby by wanting to ruin it for the rest of us. STFU man!
Old 03-06-2013, 09:01 AM   #228
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangKiller-SS View Post
Seriously grow up!! You ever think that some people could only dream to have a ZL1 like you do and it's something that's not in the cards for them at all, so thus they do the best they can and attempt to create the car that makes them happy? Not everyone has loaded pockets like you, especially when you have to account having a family or owning a house as well.

Now some guys do it only for a custom look, not to clone a certain car. Would you like to tell someone like Lukeko that you're pissed because he installed a ZL1 front end on his proud SLP ZL600 soon ZL770? I'm sure you would hold a special exception there, am I right?

People like you are what hurts the whole entire hobby by wanting to ruin it for the rest of us. STFU man!
I'm all for people speaking there minds about what I said, hell that is what this forum is a platform for. But reality is I'm not the only person who feels this way, I'm just not afraid to speak how I feel. If you want to talk about who has loaded pockets and what not, this is non-related to the topic. Never once have I said I was rich, had $xxxxx amount, or was "loaded". I have been given the same opportunity as every other person, I'm not any different than the next individual. I choose a different path, which is apart of life's many decisions which someone in your family should have already explained to you.

And actually no, Lukeko knows that I like his car, very tastefully done IMO. He is actually one of the few members on here with the ZL1 front-end and truth be told he is the reason why I have the ZL1 to begin with by posting it for sale in the local area. You may want to get your facts straight and stop assuming.

Like I said I'm all for people speaking there opinions on what I said. People agree and people disagree on many different things which is acceptable but what I won't tolerate is you telling me to "stfu man" especially considering you mentioned me having a family. Do you feel empowering behind a keyboard? Lol. I'm not the type of man to sit behind a keyboard and make threats. You are more then welcome to meet me at a local car meet, this years C5 Fest and say that to my face and see how far that gets you over a beverage of your choice. My city is displayed on my public profile as well. I'm not hard to find, "man".
Old 03-06-2013, 09:07 AM   #229
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I really see no harm is making your car look the way you want, as long as you don't badge it as something it's not.
I like some aspects of the ZL1 looks more than others so I chose the things I liked and left the other off. I feel mine is unique, it does not look like a regular LT Camaro, and it does not look like a ZL1. It's my own Creation using GM and Aftermarket parts.. It's all good...
Old 03-06-2013, 09:18 AM   #230
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I really see no harm is making your car look the way you want, as long as you don't badge it as something it's not.
I like some aspects of the ZL1 looks more than others so I chose the things I liked and left the other off. I feel mine is unique, it does not look like a regular LT Camaro, and it does not look like a ZL1. It's my own Creation using GM and Aftermarket parts.. It's all good...
Like this right? A SS badged as a ZL1. Im patiently waiting for the first Camaro to slap on the Stingray emblem. Lol. If the shoe fits....but if it doesn't apply to you well, then your ok in my book. I would have figured this thread would died by now.
Attached Images

Old 03-06-2013, 09:25 AM   #231
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Like this right? A SS badged as a ZL1. Im patiently waiting for the first Camaro to slap on the Stingray emblem. Lol. If the shoe fits....but if it doesn't apply to you well, then your ok in my book. I would have figured this thread would died by now.
Right, that car is a fail from start to finish...
Old 03-06-2013, 09:45 AM   #232
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Yes, well each to their own as far as modding goes. Used to be (back in the day) when you bought the SS you got a special dash too, where the other models had a modest dash with no tach; the SS had special gauges, chrome, doo-dads and whatnots. That made it hard to pass them off as an SS when someone cloned out the base model. I get the OPs point, no need to rake him over the coals, but his dream is a pipe dream imo.
Now, imagine the surprise my 2 buddies with ZL1s felt on a cruise last summer when they parked on each side of my V6 and all the oohs and ahhs went to my 2LT with the pretty blue headlights. Yep, just because I have blue halo lights on mine, the crowd ignored the 2 really cool cars for the sparklies.
Meybe having a clone car helps someone feel cool, meybe they bought it unknowing already modded, meybe they are just learning the car culture. They won't be impressing those in the know, and the rest of the world? They're just going to look at the frosting without caring about the cake.

Old 03-06-2013, 11:17 AM   #233
StangKiller-SS

Quote:
I'm all for people speaking there minds about what I said, hell that is what this forum is a platform for. But reality is I'm not the only person who feels this way, I'm just not afraid to speak how I feel. If you want to talk about who has loaded pockets and what not, this is non-related to the topic. Never once have I said I was rich, had $xxxxx amount, or was "loaded". I have been given the same opportunity as every other person, I'm not any different than the next individual. I choose a different path, which is apart of life's many decisions which someone in your family should have already explained to you.

And actually no, Lukeko knows that I like his car, very tastefully done IMO. He is actually one of the few members on here with the ZL1 front-end and truth be told he is the reason why I have the ZL1 to begin with by posting it for sale in the local area. You may want to get your facts straight and stop assuming.

Like I said I'm all for people speaking there opinions on what I said. People agree and people disagree on many different things which is acceptable but what I won't tolerate is you telling me to "stfu man" especially considering you mentioned me having a family. Do you feel empowering behind a keyboard? Lol. I'm not the type of man to sit behind a keyboard and make threats. You are more then welcome to meet me at a local car meet, this years C5 Fest and say that to my face and see how far that gets you over a beverage of your choice. My city is displayed on my public profile as well. I'm not hard to find, "man".
You got the response due to the way you posted your original post. I personally wouldn't get pissed if I had a ZL1, or SLP built car, or a 1LE car and someone cloned it or added certain beautiful features from it or even cloned it, especially if they're someone who's not as fortunate as me to have the real deal. In the end your car is worth no less, in the end you likely will never see a complete clone due to the cost of parts from an actual car and if they do clone it well it's their money. Even then the likeliness that seeing a car like yours even with clones running around is pretty rare. I don't think an SS or RS/LT should be badged as a ZL1 and that would get a huge no no in my book. Appearance items is one thing that don't bother me but badging on top of that is when it comes to the ZL1. Everyone has their own right and deserve the opportunity to do as they please with their cars. It really helps everyone develop their own uniquely modded car.

If the public didn't have access to all these parts like from the 1LE & ZL1 every car would look exactly the same. By making parts not available you are then telling guys like Lukeko who's car you do like that the ZL1 bumper or side skirts never would have happened for them to enhance their car, only for your own personal benefit. I only use him as a reference because his car is the perfect example of someone using a couple of ZL1 parts for their own unique design that has no impact on any ZL1's and will have most of us on this site salivating with just how good it looks when finished. A creation like his wouldn't be possible if those people didn't have access to those ZL1 parts and etc.

Think what you want but anyone who has added any parts from a ZL1, 1LE, and etc, should feel that your post is an attack on them because it certainly is and for all things for you own personal benefit to say hey look at me I've got a ZL1.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:25 PM   #234
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Quote:
Originally Posted by StangKiller-SS View Post
You got the response due to the way you posted your original post. I personally wouldn't get pissed if I had a ZL1, or SLP built car, or a 1LE car and someone cloned it or added certain beautiful features from it or even cloned it, especially if they're someone who's not as fortunate as me to have the real deal. In the end your car is worth no less, in the end you likely will never see a complete clone due to the cost of parts from an actual car and if they do clone it well it's their money. Even then the likeliness that seeing a car like yours even with clones running around is pretty rare. I don't think an SS or RS/LT should be badged as a ZL1 and that would get a huge no no in my book. Appearance items is one thing that don't bother me but badging on top of that is when it comes to the ZL1. Everyone has their own right and deserve the opportunity to do as they please with their cars. It really helps everyone develop their own uniquely modded car.

If the public didn't have access to all these parts like from the 1LE & ZL1 every car would look exactly the same. By making parts not available you are then telling guys like Lukeko who's car you do like that the ZL1 bumper or side skirts never would have happened for them to enhance their car, only for your own personal benefit. I only use him as a reference because his car is the perfect example of someone using a couple of ZL1 parts for their own unique design that has no impact on any ZL1's and will have most of us on this site salivating with just how good it looks when finished. A creation like his wouldn't be possible if those people didn't have access to those ZL1 parts and etc.

Think what you want but anyone who has added any parts from a ZL1, 1LE, and etc, should feel that your post is an attack on them because it certainly is and for all things for you own personal benefit to say hey look at me I've got a ZL1.
Amazing how you choose to neglect certain things I mentioned in the previous post, very smart individual. My point was made in my previous post which clearly you still aren't grasping. As far as people should feel like my post was an attack, is a bit of a stretch if thats what your wanting people to feel like. Once again, I'm not the only one who feels this way so with that said your beating a dead horse and a thread that has already passed its life expectancy. You know where to find me, as I've already made it known.

I'm extremely excited to see how long our mature/adult conversation lasts in person, it will be the highlight of my evening. Until then, "man"...
Old 03-06-2013, 03:55 PM   #235
StangKiller-SS

From the looks of your original post, I didn't neglect anything you said. I just lit you up to give a real perspective from someone who understands why individual's would want to "clone" so to speak in your terms. Love how you chose to neglect all valid facts I made in my last post, yet call me out on things unrelated. Good job since this is your boo-hoo thread about people using your precious ZL1 parts on other model Camaro's and how much that negates the $57k you spent because you want to say look at me I've got a ZL1. That being said I think you have just given me the inspiration to go out and buy a 2013 ZL1. I'll drop this since you really are looking to have a one sided conversation of people feeling your pain and crying along with you, and I'm just being the voice of reason here. Take care bud, and enjoy your [sarcasm] 1 of 20,000,000 [/sarcasm] ZL1 even though 6 months from now you will obviously trade it for a C7 Stingray anyway.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:41 PM   #236
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
I agree with a lot of what Finally has to say. For a bunch of us we had to play the "Game" getting our cars. There was a 6-8 month ordeal to go through. With that said, yes is does kinda hit a nerve seeing someone buying the parts to throw on their car, just to be cool.

For what it's worth, GM has made it very difficult to get parts without a VIN and proof of ownership. I don't know if it's due to a lack of extra parts, or a new policy in place.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:04 PM   #237
Toms2010

Drives: 2010 2LT
Guess there is elitist everywhere. Just like on the AV forum where the argument was about Home Theaters and how yours was not truly a home theater unless you were as great as or better than the one actual theater.

Look at it this way.....not your car, not your worry and if you fear having clones of your car around, then you got other issues than the clonnes.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:32 PM   #238
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I'm going to throw out a situation for this discussion. I think the 1LE is perfect for me. I've been waiting since 2006 for a sweet Camaro that I can keep forever, but I am not fortunate enough to have found lucrative employment despite my college degree, work experience, and general professionalism. I chose to join the Navy, and receive less pay than any similar job would receive in the private sector. I can afford to get a used 2010-11 SS in the near future, and I'm not waiting another couple of years to get my hands on a new 1LE. 7 years is long enough. Instead, I'm likely to purchase the SS and get the 1LE track pack or similar goodies from Pedders. I will upgrade to a 3.91, and the only thing left will be cosmetics and the transmission gearing, which I wouldn't touch anytime soon. My 2010-11 SS will be very similar to a 1LE because it's the right car for me but I can't swing it. Fortunately for me, I can get the used SS and enjoy 1LE handling because GM offers parts separately at the parts counter. Asking GM to snipe some parts is a problem for 2 reasons.

The first reason is that GM has to replace stock parts in the event of equipment failure or damage. Someone scuffing their bumper is a good reason to offer people replacement bumpers, and allowing people to order just a bumper gives them the option to paint it or customize it. Removing that option means that replacing a damaged bumper will become an unpleasant and time-consuming experience.

The second reason is that limiting options could be damaging to profits. Someone in the aftermarket will make a similar, lower quality option, and invariably it will make cars that use the cheaper alternative look like garbage. People will see this, and they will perceive the GM product to be garbage. This hurts GM because people will buy non-GM if that perception exists. Perception is reality.
warn 145:159 ban

Closed Thread