Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 08-13-2011, 10:23 AM   #1
victoryredRS

Drives: Victory Red 1LT/RS
Adams swirl remover?

So im over at the Adams website and Im a little confused as to what product can help me with removing swirl marks. I know they have the PC but I was looking for something that can be done by hand. So just a little help as to what product can be good for this and it doesnt have to be Adams just something that helps. Ive tried the Maguiers SwirlX and didnt have good results.
victoryredRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 10:26 AM   #2
lolcamaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 black camaro
also tried swirlX and it only helped maybe slightly. Also was a huge pain to apply because it's not like waxing where you just apply to the whole car and then wipe off you have to do little 2x2 areas at once and then wipe it off immediately. annoying.
lolcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 10:37 AM   #3
ibmrs

Drives: 2011 2LT RS IBM
If you are serious about eliminating swirls and mirror finish you will have to do it with the pc. It is expensive for buffer and pads, but it really is the only way. Trying to do by hand just doesn't work worth a damn, no matter what product you try in my experience. Expect to spend some time, all day, to do it too. Junkman videos are very good. It is worth it, you will be amazed. There really is almost no way to screw up with a pc, todays hook and loop pads and modern swirl removers. Adams even color matches pads and product for no guesswork.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:45 AM   #4
victoryredRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcamaro View Post
also tried swirlX and it only helped maybe slightly. Also was a huge pain to apply because it's not like waxing where you just apply to the whole car and then wipe off you have to do little 2x2 areas at once and then wipe it off immediately. annoying.
yes it is annoying and at the end in my experience didnt notice any difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmrs View Post
If you are serious about eliminating swirls and mirror finish you will have to do it with the pc. It is expensive for buffer and pads, but it really is the only way. Trying to do by hand just doesn't work worth a damn, no matter what product you try in my experience. Expect to spend some time, all day, to do it too. Junkman videos are very good. It is worth it, you will be amazed. There really is almost no way to screw up with a pc, todays hook and loop pads and modern swirl removers. Adams even color matches pads and product for no guesswork.
I know the pc would be the perfect solution I was just looking for something wayy cheaper and by hand. so a quick question all Adams products are only for pc use I cant use them by hand?
Old 08-13-2011, 10:47 AM   #5
baup5f

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Coupe
this is probably what you want: http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-472-a...ish-combo.aspx
Old 08-13-2011, 10:50 AM   #6
victoryredRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by baup5f View Post
that could probably work. Have you used it? If yes, did it work?
Old 08-13-2011, 03:19 PM   #7
lets_go_bills

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS CGM M6
Simply put, you can't remove swirls by hand.

lets_go_bills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 03:25 PM   #8
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by lets_go_bills View Post
Simply put, you can't remove swirls by hand.