Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 08-10-2011, 12:02 PM   #1
TRPGKJ
I SHOULD be out driving!

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS W\Custom Leather
Question New with some questions :)

Well, I just bought a new Camaro 2 weeks ago and needless to say I think im in love lol...Anyway, Im super concerned about keeping my new love looking good and taking care of her properly and I've read a lot on the boards here about Adams products for the exterior (which im so confused on all that stuff also like what products to use and when) but I haven't read anything much on taking care of the interior especially the Leather. I have custom 2 toned leather (see photos) but I want to make sure whatever I use is the best thing (at least arguably the best thing) and if there is anything like those leather wipes I can use in between deeper cleanings and conditioning or will that ruin my leather in the long run? Also, for my dashboard and steering wheel area etc...what do you all use? It seems armor all (which im not a fan of anyway) wouldn't be good bcuz the Camaro interior area has a matte finish and Im thinking it would cause more damage than good so all ive been using is a little duster to clean it and I did use some Megs quik interior\detailer cleaner wipes but wasn't crazy about those as they seemed to do nothing. Basically, as you can tell I know NOTHING about this stuff so any help is appreciated.
Attached Images

TRPGKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 12:06 PM   #2
Redline2k5

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Hyper Blue on the way!
www.adamspolishes.com

They have the best car detailing/cleaning stuff I've ever used.

If you use the code CAMARO5 when you checkout it's 10% off!
Redline2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 12:19 PM   #3
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline2k5 View Post
www.adamspolishes.com

They have the best car detailing/cleaning stuff I've ever used.

If you use the code CAMARO5 when you checkout it's 10% off!
yep, Adam's is amazing stuff. Only thing I use on my car.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:47 PM   #4
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Adams carrys leather cleaner also (along with other interior products).

But seriously, you state you are confused about keeping it clean. This is the area to ask what are you confused on. We are all here to help you keep your new baby sparkly.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 01:31 PM   #5
TRPGKJ
I SHOULD be out driving!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
Adams carrys leather cleaner also (along with other interior products).

But seriously, you state you are confused about keeping it clean. This is the area to ask what are you confused on. We are all here to help you keep your new baby sparkly.

I will check Adams interior products out as well thanks for the direction. Also, on being confused basically Im not sure if I should just wash my car normally and then do I have to use the clay bar...or can I just wash and wax and do I have to wax after every wash for best results? My neighbor who detailed cars for years (whos now a cop and says he made more money detailing cars lol) gave me this stuff thats from Mark IV its a place in Corona, ca...but its a sealant type stuff he said the dealer doesn't seal their cars so I should use that after I wash it to help seal my paint and then from there I can pretty much wash and wax and told me basically what to use and said I should have my man get off his butt and do it for me lol...But I just wanted to see what everyone here does and if anyone had advice specifically on the Leather, the dashboard and inside door panels etc...thanks again.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:48 PM   #6
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
you will want to clay bar the car first, that gets everything off. Then wash and wax like you normally would. A good wax should last a few months.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:19 PM   #7
TRPGKJ
I SHOULD be out driving!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
you will want to clay bar the car first, that gets everything off. Then wash and wax like you normally would. A good wax should last a few months.

Thanks!
Old 08-10-2011, 04:59 PM   #8
babaron
Totally into it

Drives: '67 427vette/'11 Pacecar/'02 BMW ci
Don't wash your car until you've read the thread "How to properly wash and dry your car" There's one here and one on Adam's website as a video. Otherwise, you will most certainly create swirls and microscratches on the finish. VERY IMPORTANT!!!
babaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 02:06 PM   #9
lets_go_bills

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS CGM M6
Check out Zaino for their leather cleaner and conditioner (Z9 and Z10). Amazing stuff. Google them and read some reviews, it's top notch and the leather smell is AMAZING.

And for your dashboard, check out 1Z Cockpit Premium.

lets_go_bills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:25 PM   #10
doctorgpharmd
Banned

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Silver
What matters most is That you clean, wax and protect, not so much WHAT you use. I use armor all on all the interior and love how it performs, and plain ol' turtlewax pastewax on the exterior. Works just great.
doctorgpharmd is offline   Reply With Quote