Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-31-2023, 02:06 PM   #1
EthanTL

Drives: '22 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Angry Bank 1 Fuel Trims -34, Cylinder 3 missfire

2022 Camaro SS 1LE. This past May I put on some headers and had it tuned for E-85. These past almost 4 months it's run flawlessly with no problems. Last week I noticed it would kind of strutter to start and sometimes I'd get a P2270 (Bank 1 Sensor 2 stuck lean). My tuner told me he'd get to it eventually, but we haven't gotten to come together for it. A few days ago I remote started it and it noticably struggled hard to start and I got a P0300. It was pretty constantly missing on 3 and sometimes on other odd cylinders. I noticed it wouldn't miss with any load on it, but when at idle it would constantly miss on 3. I haven't driven it since. I swapped plugs, wires, and coils to another cylinder and I thought it followed, but doing it all again it is still on 3. The plug on 3 looked like it got very hot and had a whitish color, while cylinder 1 looked a bit rich. Compression on cylinder 3 is 210 p.s.i., I have codes P0300, P2270, and P0172.
If it were a tune issue, wouldn't it have shown itself a long time ago? If it were a leaking injector, it should've hydrolocked by now, as I've let it sit for a couple days before starting it, also the plug wouldn't have looked so hot. If it were something in the ignition system, it should've shown itself when I was swapping stuff. Power to the coil is good as it resistance checks perfectly.
I'm worried it's a mechanical issue as everything I can tell checks out. It seems obvious that something is causing the bank 1 sensor 1 to think that it's running super rich and is causing the ECM to take a bunch of fuel away. I think it's localized to cylinder 3 as the spark plug looks vastly different (image below). I just done understand why it got gradually worse. I'm so lost and so is everyone else I talk to about it. Am I missing something? Please help! TIA!
EthanTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 03:23 PM   #2
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Sounds mechanical and possibly an Injector issue
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 03:35 PM   #3
EthanTL

Drives: '22 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
Sounds mechanical and possibly an Injector issue
I'm not sure how it can be a mechanical issue when compression checks out perfectly. I don't hear any noises like a lifter or valve spring would make either. What leads you to an injector issue?
EthanTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 08:02 AM   #4
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Well tunes don't magically change. Just because it has compression doesn't mean something else isn't wrong. I suggested injector because the fuel trims are way off on one bank only and you have a misfire. Not to mention DI injector failures are not uncommon on this platform.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 03:11 PM   #5
red6.2

Drives: 2010 camaro
yup Injector(s) issue! Drain the fuel if you can and but some 93octane with fuel cleaner like techron or shell's v power fuel treatments. let it idle and drive for 3 miles it. you may be able to get away with it as the injectors will spray 93 fuel running and cleaning out the fuel system... , or you can buy new fuel injectors and it should most likely fix the issue. good luck!
red6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lean, misfire, p0172, p0300, p2270