Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-19-2015, 10:13 AM   #351
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle1228 View Post
Trunk space looks quite narrower. What is in the storage compartment on the right side? tire changing kit?
that trunk does look small. Can you even fit a set of golf clubs in there?
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 12:03 PM   #352
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siamese View Post
Love the interior but honestly the rear end still looks like shit.... I hate the 2014+ rear lights; the old ones were so much nicer. I do have to say that the interior looks much better; nicer set up, steering wheel, GPS, seats, etc...

All around a great car but there should be a bigger aesthetic difference between an V8 and a 4 cylinder? The 4 cylinder allows everyone in the market which really doesn't make your V-8 Camaro that special.

I guess one will need to purchase a Z-28 or ZL1 if they want to stand out.
You will stand out because you drive an attractive Camaro. That is special in and of itself. Most people will not notice any difference between models...let alone whether the differences signify one engine over another.
Old 05-19-2015, 12:59 PM   #353
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky1974 View Post
It seems strange to me that GM would certify a vehicle for mileage, with a fuel saving feature turned on and then allow the driver to turn it off. I would think that's the kind of thing that would get them in trouble with the Feds.
It can be turned off with HP tuners(or at least I know it works on a 2014 Corvette)
The Range device should also work(or at least I know it works on a 2014 Silverado)
IIRC, the new Corvette uses AFM only in ECO mode on the M7, and uses AFM in all modes except Track in the A8. Not sure how that works out for mileage ratings and the federal government. But that is not my concern. GM takes care of that for me. All I have to do is keep my eyes on the road and the pedal to the metal!!
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 12:19 AM   #354
Cwoods06

Drives: 2014 camaro rs
options
Attached Images

Cwoods06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 08:53 AM   #355
whiteboyblues2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwoods06 View Post
options
Where did you get this? Can you give us a link please??? Thanks!!
Old 05-20-2015, 09:07 AM   #356
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
Where did you get this? Can you give us a link please??? Thanks!!
Dealer Playbook.. Bunch of info in thread below.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=409099
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 10:10 AM   #357
whiteboyblues2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
Dealer Playbook.. Bunch of info in thread below.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=409099
Thanks!!
Old 05-20-2015, 04:24 PM   #358
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
From the reveal I noticed the trunk appears to be slightly narrower but at the same time it appears to be much deeper as I was waiting inline for my chance to sit inside the blue RS.
Old 05-22-2015, 06:46 PM   #359
Crim

Drives: 13 Camaro SS
Couple of wheel options

Name:  wheeloption.JPG
Views: 1992
Size:  110.7 KB

Name:  wheelblack.JPG
Views: 2063
Size:  96.0 KB

Name:  wheel.JPG
Views: 1958
Size:  71.4 KB

Name:  wheel1.JPG
Views: 1962
Size:  73.0 KB

Name:  wheel2.JPG
Views: 1962
Size:  82.6 KB

Name:  wheel3.JPG
Views: 2003
Size:  59.9 KB

Name:  wheel4.JPG
Views: 1945
Size:  70.3 KB
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 09:07 PM   #360
32valve-snake

Drives: Terminator
Thank you for allowing me to be on your forum. Obviously you can tell by my screen name that I am not a Camaro fan. But I am certainly glad they are around. I had a lot of F-body friends in high school and I spent many a night cruising around in a T top GTA and also a Z28. I am not a kid. I am WAY over 40 and not an E-Thug or here to start a fight. I honestly thought I would find you guys all in an uproar because of the new Camaro. I joined to see what you all thought of the new design. I didn't read every post (again, not a Camaro guy) but I can't believe you guys aren't upset by how much they copied the new Mustang. I have shown pictures to several non-car guy neighbors and they all say "Is that the new Mustang?" Now, you and I know very well it isn't but if the average Joe neighbor people think it's a Mustang.......
The back especially copies the Mustang. The dash also. The turbo 4, what a brilliant idea. Glad they thought of it............ohhh wait.
I just can't believe you guys are not upset. I guess after it being killed once you are just happy to have the Camaro and I don't blame you. But REALLY? Nobody here sees the Mustang in the new design?
I welcome adult and polite conversation.
32valve-snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 09:33 PM   #361
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32valve-snake View Post
Thank you for allowing me to be on your forum. Obviously you can tell by my screen name that I am not a Camaro fan. But I am certainly glad they are around. I had a lot of F-body friends in high school and I spent many a night cruising around in a T top GTA and also a Z28. I am not a kid. I am WAY over 40 and not an E-Thug or here to start a fight. I honestly thought I would find you guys all in an uproar because of the new Camaro. I joined to see what you all thought of the new design. I didn't read every post (again, not a Camaro guy) but I can't believe you guys aren't upset by how much they copied the new Mustang. I have shown pictures to several non-car guy neighbors and they all say "Is that the new Mustang?" Now, you and I know very well it isn't but if the average Joe neighbor people think it's a Mustang.......
The back especially copies the Mustang. The dash also. The turbo 4, what a brilliant idea. Glad they thought of it............ohhh wait.
I just can't believe you guys are not upset. I guess after it being killed once you are just happy to have the Camaro and I don't blame you. But REALLY? Nobody here sees the Mustang in the new design?
It honestly didn't strike me, if anything, a couple of buds called the design more Nissan'esque than anything else really. Other then that, I simply see evolution happening here, from '10-'13, then gradually faze in face lift more squashed front with unified tails in rear '14-15, and now we see the full execution of the latter.

Would you care to take the time, and find 2 pictures, one with mustang and one camaro to demonstrate your point(s)?
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 09:53 PM   #362
Iroc_Z28

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32valve-snake View Post
I can't believe you guys aren't upset by how much they copied the new Mustang. I have shown pictures to several non-car guy neighbors and they all say "Is that the new Mustang?" Now, you and I know very well it isn't but if the average Joe neighbor people think it's a Mustang.......
As you can see by the below side profiles of the 6th gen camaro and mustang, they look distinctively different from each other. The front and rear are also completely different, as well as the interior....I just don't see much similarity between the two

Old 05-22-2015, 10:10 PM   #363
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 10:26 PM   #364
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle1228 View Post
Trunk space looks quite narrower. What is in the storage compartment on the right side? tire changing kit?
I wonder if that is the battery? Similar to the G8 just on the opposite side...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk