Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 08-19-2014, 09:16 PM   #1
C Dot

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
Front Fascia

Hello All,

I'm new to the forums, my apologies if this is in the wrong section. But I recently discovered a truck tapped my front lower bumper with the ball of their truck and it's such an eye sore. Was wondering if it would be easier to just replace the whole front fascia with something better (which was a thought to begin with) or to have a body shop touch up the damage and at that point install fogs after its fixed?

Also does anyone know where you can get custom painted bow ties? I've looked everywhere and plastidip just isn't cutting it for me. I ordered a vinyl kit in the mean time.

Thanks for any advice you can give.
C Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 09:22 PM   #2
TX_ED_SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Inferno Orange
Sorry about the truck backing in to your bumper. May be able to get it fixed at a body shop. Lupe, with River City Lighting, does some of the best custom bowties. He's a sponsor here.

U.S. Army Retired
TX_ED_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 09:41 PM   #3
Raysmaro

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Camaro
I think if your going to repair the bumper then just have the whole front bumper repainted. If it was me and i had someone bang into my bumper i would probably just upgrade to the SS bumper or the Zl1. Zl1 of course is going to cost you from 800-1200 dollars.
Raysmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 09:53 PM   #4
C Dot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raysmaro View Post
I think if your going to repair the bumper then just have the whole front bumper repainted. If it was me and i had someone bang into my bumper i would probably just upgrade to the SS bumper or the Zl1. Zl1 of course is going to cost you from 800-1200 dollars.
With purchasing a SS or ZL1 bumper what else would I have to purchase aside from that, example: grill, fogs, etc?
Old 08-19-2014, 09:54 PM   #5
C Dot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_ED_SS View Post
Sorry about the truck backing in to your bumper. May be able to get it fixed at a body shop. Lupe, with River City Lighting, does some of the best custom bowties. He's a sponsor here.
Thank you
Old 08-19-2014, 10:55 PM   #6
Jrichards73

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Victory Red
Mine is in for the 3rd time to be painted... It sucks. First the color was not even close, second time when they resprayed it the didn't break it apart, so it started doing it on its own ( hello the ground effects need to come off!!) So now they have to sand it all the way back down and start over... It still isn't going to match right because god forbid you do a few spray out cards and a little mixing before you spray it... PPG paint system has made painters so lazy, the color code has variances people, just try a little at least.

Sorry about your luck, my life has sucked during this whole process.. If they can fix and blend it in as small a spot as possible I say do that.

Updates: BTR Stage 2 VVT Cam Kit w/Smith Brothers Trunnions, Fluidampr, RX catch can, B&M Trans pan mod, Kooks Black Headers, Borla S-tunes, Eibach Multi-Pro-R2 coilovers and Swaybars, BMR Full Bushing kit with Toe and Trailing arms, RB Rotors w/EBC Pads, GForce 1400 Axles (now on order). AVH-X5800BHS in Scosche GM5201AB.
Jrichards73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 06:31 AM   #7
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by C Dot View Post
Was wondering if it would be easier to just replace the whole front fascia with something better...
Just replace the whole car with a SS - you know you want it!
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 04:52 PM   #8
C Dot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrichards73 View Post
Mine is in for the 3rd time to be painted... It sucks. First the color was not even close, second time when they resprayed it the didn't break it apart, so it started doing it on its own ( hello the ground effects need to come off!!) So now they have to sand it all the way back down and start over... It still isn't going to match right because god forbid you do a few spray out cards and a little mixing before you spray it... PPG paint system has made painters so lazy, the color code has variances people, just try a little at least.

Sorry about your luck, my life has sucked during this whole process.. If they can fix and blend it in as small a spot as possible I say do that.
Thanks for your input
Old 08-21-2014, 04:56 PM   #9
C Dot

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Just replace the whole car with a SS - you know you want it!
Palmer that actually has been a thought of mine, basically what will seal that deal is if whether I will be deploying in Oct. which would give me a nice chunk in the bank (I am active duty Air Force). If not, financially being 23 it just wouldn't be the smartest choice to make currently, I was lucky to get the LS 2 years ago. Thanks!
Old 08-21-2014, 05:22 PM   #10
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
If you were to go with a ZL1 front. Be prepared to get a crush bumper unless you know a good body man that can use the existing one. You will need fogs also and a harness if you want to be able to use all the lights.
Old 08-21-2014, 06:52 PM   #11
IAMTHEDANGER
The great ruiner of plans

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtVyEZymUFo&feature=player_detailpage#t=31
IAMTHEDANGER is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bumper, fascia, front fascia ls