Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Phastek Performance

Old 12-02-2016, 09:28 PM   #15
fighting irish
The Doctor is in

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Nightfall MRC NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotis View Post
Yep! They just updated the rules so all STP cars get 11" wheels and 315mm tires now. There were some other changes also, doc here-

http://cdn.growassets.net/user_files...ember-Solo.pdf
Awesome, I figured you would be on top of it. There were only 8 entrants for STP at nationals this past year, a much smaller field than FS. What are you doing with your 19" forgestars? I just ordered some this past week for their black friday sale...
fighting irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 09:34 PM   #16
rotis

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
I'll be listing my F-Street setup for sale shortly.

Yeah, STP was a ghost town this year. I know quite a few people who chose not to run it because of the 285/10" rule. If the class doesn't get any more participation and dies off, then I'll do ESP or CAM-C.
rotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 01:44 PM   #17
Rod Knock

Drives: 2003 Dodge Viper/2011 IOM SS vert
Have MCS single adjustable coilovers on my Viper and for a street car the single adjustable are awesome......Lowered it down on the rears until it rubbed and then a slight crank up and have not adjusted them. Installed them 2 1/2 years ago and have had ZERO issues
Rod Knock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 11:08 AM   #18
MuIIet

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS 1LE
Added a few updates to the OP
MuIIet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 12:41 AM   #19
glamcem

Drives: '19 RivrsdBlu 1LE ('17 1LE HB sold)
To the OP, photos are not working. Any updates on these coilovers? What are the specs?
glamcem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 09:04 PM   #20
rotis

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
What do you want to know? They work great. With the offset front struts I can fit 315's on 11" wheels under the stock SS fenders.

You run the spring rates you want, the damping range is wide enough to accommodate nearly anything you'd want to do. The low-end of front spring I'd run on them would be in the ~300-lb range, which is roughly where the ZL1-1LE Multimatic setup is at. The extreme high-end would be 900-lbs, which is ESP Hoosier territory.

I've won every National SCCA Solo & ProSolo event I've done this year with the car. It's good.

I'll have the car at the National Championships next week, looking forward to it!
rotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 03:55 PM   #21
glamcem

Yes, I heard that (because of the shim stack design or something IIRC). The ability to run a wide range of springs is without having them sent for re-valving is amazing!

These won't be for competition use but I plan to use 18" slicks every once in a while so I think I can go with either 1 way or 2 way design (if 2 way, with ER type for sure) if I ever decide to get them. I didn't have track-only, high end struts in the past but happy with my Ohlins.

What kind of wheel specs have you been running with these coilovers? Also, do they come with some sort of camber plates (like radial mount design in Fortune Autos)? If not, are you limited with the camber at knuckle? Mind sharing camber specs?

I wonder if I can dial in the suspension settings independently as I don't have much experience with the pro-level coilovers with a lot of adjustment and I am not really good at being able to tell the effects of each change when it comes to suspension. As you may know due to Ohlins' dual flow valve system it already takes care of those adjustments and they work good on both rough and smooth surfaces

Thanks in advance
Old 08-30-2017, 08:04 PM   #22
Dustya

Drives: Overkill Supercharged 2016 CamaroV6
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamcem View Post
Yes, I heard that (because of the shim stack design or something IIRC). The ability to run a wide range of springs is without having them sent for re-valving is amazing!

These won't be for competition use but I plan to use 18" slicks every once in a while so I think I can go with either 1 way or 2 way design (if 2 way, with ER type for sure) if I ever decide to get them. I didn't have track-only, high end struts in the past but happy with my Ohlins.

What kind of wheel specs have you been running with these coilovers? Also, do they come with some sort of camber plates (like radial mount design in Fortune Autos)? If not, are you limited with the camber at knuckle? Mind sharing camber specs?

I wonder if I can dial in the suspension settings independently as I don't have much experience with the pro-level coilovers with a lot of adjustment and I am not really good at being able to tell the effects of each change when it comes to suspension. As you may know due to Ohlins' dual flow valve system it already takes care of those adjustments and they work good on both rough and smooth surfaces

Thanks in advance
what ohlins are you running ? I thought they werent making anything for the 6th gen ?

Follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/hyperhawkcamaro/
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHR...-ilSpV3gMQnTuA

Supercharged with Overkill Superchargers http://www.v6superchargers.com
Dustya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 12:20 PM   #23
glamcem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustya View Post
what ohlins are you running ? I thought they werent making anything for the 6th gen ?
sorry for the confusion, I was happy with the Ohlins. You are correct they don't have anything for 6th gen Camaro (except the GT4R Race car)