Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 08-17-2014, 11:07 PM   #43
HeaterMan

Drives: 2018 PP GT
I find it amazing how much Subaru's have grown, they used to be compact cars about the size of a corolla. Wow!!

2016 Scat Pack Challenger (gone 1-6-2018)
2013 Mustang GT Auto(sold)
2013 Track pack Mustang 5.0 (sold)
2011 Mustang 5.0 (sold)
2010 Camaro SS 6M ( sold)13.36 @109
HeaterMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 11:19 PM   #44
trademaster

Drives: 12 MP4-12C, 16 Quattroporte
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeryZ28 View Post
title should be. Legendary V8 Performance Car vs. Crackerjack Rallycar Fad

the Camaro has been a benchmark of cool since 1967, the WRX has been a 16 year old ken block wannabe's wet dream since 2002. you decide.
When Subaru first brought the STI to the USA in 2004 it was one incredible machine. I think they have lost their way by leaving the same engine in the car for 10 years, but man back then they were great. Mid 13 second 1/4 miles from a sedan with incredible brakes, a bulletproof transmission and fantastic handling for $32k was just unreal. They really need a full overhaul on the new ones. Back then the evo and sti were damn near corvette performance in a sedan.
trademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 08:51 AM   #45
wally mayfield

Drives: 2013 2SS 6M
Maybe the ladys can comment on this subject, Im thinking it'll be something like:
Attached Images

Strut tower brace(GM), CAI, Blade Spoiler, ZL1 wheels and tires, Heritage grill, Dual mode exhaust, and thats it, no more..except for the lowering springs..Ok Hotchkis springs were delivered today, thats it..
wally mayfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 08:59 AM   #46
thxultra

Drives: Mean ass V6
If you aren't going to have 2 cars and drive in the snow this is a easy decision get the STI. Really like the 2015 STI. It has the same engine but they have made major improvements in the suspension. 305hp in that lightweight car is crazy. Still does 0-60 in under 5 sec which is crazy fast. New WRX does have a new engine. Will be interesting to see if Subaru gets more power out of that 2.0 in the wrx and puts it in the STI at some point. Can't go wrong with either car in my opinion...
thxultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:19 AM   #47
thxultra

Drives: Mean ass V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
No sir two complete different animals in the same body. The sti has a slightly larger engine, larger turbo, totally different suspension, the si drive, brembo brakes, 6 speed manual transmission vs 5 speed manual on the wrx, and a few minor exterior differences. They are nothing like a ta vs ws6.

I did not take offense to anything stated but only pointed out that the op was asking about a camaro ss vs an sti. He never asked who thought they looked good, or what age should drive them.

I tell you what, like them or not they hold their value better than the ss and have a larger market for them. Lets leave our opinions out
For 2015 both the wrx and STI have a 6 speed manual. Can also get the wrx with a CVT (Don't know why you would though...) Curious if they use the same 6 speed manual in both cars now though... Can't find anything that says for sure if it is the same trans or not. Heard the big reason to get the STI over the regular WRX is the suspension though. Heard it is a big jump. Lots of big WRX/STI fans say the STI is more of a track car but has a harsher ride so the WRX is a better "daily driver"... Really want to drive a 2015 though this car looks like it is tons of fun and can drive it in the snow also...
thxultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:26 AM   #48
Gilly Monster

Drives: '14 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by thxultra View Post
For 2015 both the wrx and STI have a 6 speed manual. Can also get the wrx with a CVT (Don't know why you would though...) Curious if they use the same 6 speed manual in both cars now though... Can't find anything that says for sure if it is the same trans or not. Heard the big reason to get the STI over the regular WRX is the suspension though. Heard it is a big jump. Lots of big WRX/STI fans say the STI is more of a track car but has a harsher ride so the WRX is a better "daily driver"... Really want to drive a 2015 though this car looks like it is tons of fun and can drive it in the snow also...
Can't speak for the 2015 but in previous years the STi was definitely oriented at those that wish to track, rallyx, or autox the car. With an upgraded suspension, bigger brakes, and driver control center dif, it offered more track able qualities than the wrx.
Gilly Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 02:27 PM   #49
trademaster

Drives: 12 MP4-12C, 16 Quattroporte
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally mayfield View Post
Maybe the ladys can comment on this subject, Im thinking it'll be something like:
From my experience most women will say something along the lines of, "I like the blue one" because the term V8 means about as much to them as a particular shade of eyeliner means to me.
trademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 06:03 PM   #50
The Black Knight
2013 Black LFX

Drives: '13 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by trademaster View Post
From my experience most women will say something along the lines of, "I like the blue one" because the term V8 means about as much to them as a particular shade of eyeliner means to me.
Exactly!! Couldn't agree more. I've had more women compliment my V6 Camaro than I can count, and they couldn't give a damn about what's under the hood. They don't care what powers it, as long as it looks good to them.

Mods: Flowmaster Series 10's axle back, Black ZL1 20X9 wheels(from Factory Reproductions), K&N Typhoon cold air intake, 20% window tint(all sides & back), gun metal hash marks, black outs for Camaro and Chevy badges, Vitesse Throttle Controller

The Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 07:28 PM   #51
wally mayfield

Drives: 2013 2SS 6M
and does a subaru look sweet compared to a camaro??
Strut tower brace(GM), CAI, Blade Spoiler, ZL1 wheels and tires, Heritage grill, Dual mode exhaust, and thats it, no more..except for the lowering springs..Ok Hotchkis springs were delivered today, thats it..
wally mayfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 08:24 PM   #52
The Black Knight
2013 Black LFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally mayfield View Post
and does a subaru look sweet compared to a camaro??
Some Subaru's do look sweet, but not all of them. I'm partial to the STi's look and not really fond of the WRX, even though minor exterior queues set them apart.

To answer your question of do they look sweet compared to a Camaro? No, not in my opinion. They do not look better than a Camaro, even a measly V6 Camaro

Mods: Flowmaster Series 10's axle back, Black ZL1 20X9 wheels(from Factory Reproductions), K&N Typhoon cold air intake, 20% window tint(all sides & back), gun metal hash marks, black outs for Camaro and Chevy badges, Vitesse Throttle Controller

Old 08-18-2014, 09:12 PM   #53
Bad70supreme

Drives: 2010 aqua blue SS/RS M6
This thread shows how much testosteron men have lost over the years!! Lmfao!! I have driven RWD cars in Chicago winter issue free for 18 years. Grow some balls and get a real machine
Old 08-18-2014, 10:14 PM   #54
The Black Knight
2013 Black LFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad70supreme View Post
This thread shows how much testosteron men have lost over the years!! Lmfao!! I have driven RWD cars in Chicago winter issue free for 18 years. Grow some balls and get a real machine
Been there, done that and got the T-shirt. Born and raised in Colorado and drove rear wheel vehicles my whole life. However, no need to tear up my Camaro when I have a perfectly good 4X4 sitting in the driveway

Old 08-18-2014, 10:33 PM   #55
Bad70supreme

Drives: 2010 aqua blue SS/RS M6
When did I say you should drive a camaro in the snow if you don't have to? If you look back I said buy the camaro and save for a winter beater! You think I would choose to do it if I didn't have to! My point is some times you have to make a sacrifice, I never wanted to drive my car in the winter! I did because I wouldn't have it if I didn't, I saved a now have a 4x4 truck for that! Or I could have been a pansy and got a STI and not worry about it lol
Old 08-19-2014, 08:39 PM   #56
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad70supreme View Post
When did I say you should drive a camaro in the snow if you don't have to? If you look back I said buy the camaro and save for a winter beater! You think I would choose to do it if I didn't have to! My point is some times you have to make a sacrifice, I never wanted to drive my car in the winter! I did because I wouldn't have it if I didn't, I saved a now have a 4x4 truck for that! Or I could have been a pansy and got a STI and not worry about it lol
Jesus christ dude you really are a piece of work. So i drive my sti in the winter (sole reason for buying it). I also have a lifted 4wd diesel too for the winter, guess im a double pansy in your book right?

Former d.o.c officer and current oilfeild worker here, 6x a week at the gym plus I run 3-5 miles 4 days a week. Yup I'm a pansy lol.
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote