Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 07-10-2014, 10:05 AM   #309
thxultra

Drives: Mean ass V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
LOL .... There's Always going to be a faster car ! So why did you buy the Camaro?
I agree always a bigger fish in the pond. Doesn't really matter unless you are going to take it to the track. I know I got my Camaro for the fun factor which it has provided Lots of great cars coming out next year and in 2016 to watch for... New Mustang, New WRX, New Camaro, New Golf R, and Audi S3
thxultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:31 PM   #310
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Now that we know more about the fat added to the new Mustang and the increased emphasis on the Mustangs handling both next gens should be pretty close in weight, power, handling, and drag strip ability. So pick the one with the tail lights you like better.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:08 PM   #311
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
I will say this much. 2016 is gunna be a blast, Gm is definitely going to answer up to Ford with the 5.0 giving it so much Hell. The new Lt1 is no slouch and with the new Ats chassis I think they will bite back pretty hard. To say the 5-0 will be faster, or the 6th gen will be faster right now would be speculation (b.s). I would go either way to be honest depending on physical looks, performance, and pricing.

If they all keep the prices in line with one another and the performance is very close this will make for some tough choices. As it stands today if I was offered a fair trade for my ss to get into a Boss 302, or track pack 5-0 yes it would be a done deal. I however am not looking to immediately trade off or sell my ss. I will more likely than not pick up a used 2012/2013 5.0 A6 to add to my stable and keep the ss bc I really love both cars.
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 01:34 PM   #312
87GNX

Drives: Alot
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
I will say this much. 2016 is gunna be a blast, Gm is definitely going to answer up to Ford with the 5.0 giving it so much Hell. The new Lt1 is no slouch and with the new Ats chassis I think they will bite back pretty hard. To say the 5-0 will be faster, or the 6th gen will be faster right now would be speculation (b.s). I would go either way to be honest depending on physical looks, performance, and pricing.

If they all keep the prices in line with one another and the performance is very close this will make for some tough choices. As it stands today if I was offered a fair trade for my ss to get into a Boss 302, or track pack 5-0 yes it would be a done deal. I however am not looking to immediately trade off or sell my ss. I will more likely than not pick up a used 2012/2013 5.0 A6 to add to my stable and keep the ss bc I really love both cars.
I think most GM owners and Ford owners woud love to add a camaro and mustang to their stable! It's the evil twins becoming friends On a less dorky note, Im looking at Auto GT's this week. Want a premium myself.
87GNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 02:31 PM   #313
thxultra

Makes sense to wait for the new Camaro at this point. Unless you have to buy a new one this year doesn't hurt to wait one more year to see what the next gen Camaro is like. I expect it to drop weight being on the ATS platform so may be much quicker then the 2015 mustang based on weight... Really like the 2015 Mustang also and the 2015 WRX has lots of mod potential and no need for a second car. Will be hard choice picking my next ride.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:13 PM   #314
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87GNX View Post
I think most GM owners and Ford owners woud love to add a camaro and mustang to their stable! It's the evil twins becoming friends On a less dorky note, Im looking at Auto GT's this week. Want a premium myself.
13 and 14's are nice looking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Now that we know more about the fat added to the new Mustang and the increased emphasis on the Mustangs handling both next gens should be pretty close in weight, power, handling, and drag strip ability. So pick the one with the tail lights you like better.
Uh, oh ...... taillights lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by thxultra View Post
I agree always a bigger fish in the pond. Doesn't really matter unless you are going to take it to the track. I know I got my Camaro for the fun factor which it has provided Lots of great cars coming out next year and in 2016 to watch for... New Mustang, New WRX, New Camaro, New Golf R, and Audi S3
Yea, plus nobody leave their car stock , so fastest stock power isn't that big anymore!
I Picked the Camaro Because the inside and outside looks ! Plus the tech and size of the car is What I really love! So speed is the last thing because the car having a v8 as a option is more important than it being the fastest! If the fastest is what you want Hellcat challenger is the car for you, so mustang might not be the fastest!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:42 PM   #315
87GNX

Quote:

Uh, oh ...... taillights lol

Yea, plus nobody leave their car stock , so fastest stock power isn't that big anymore!
I Picked the Camaro Because the inside and outside looks ! Plus the tech and size of the car is What I really love! So speed is the last thing because the car having a v8 as a option is more important than it being the fastest! If the fastest is what you want Hellcat challenger is the car for you, so mustang might not be the fastest!
Hellcat and Gt 500 will be epic....battle of the titans.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:49 PM   #316
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Hellcat and Gt 500 will be epic....battle of the titans.
That's for sure! I just traded for my SS but Maybe, I can catch the GT500 soon on a dragstrip! lol...
Old 07-10-2014, 11:46 PM   #317
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Yea bc the current chally 392 is certainly a bad boy, the hellcat is going to be a nightmare for anything in its path. I rank kt with the Z28 and C7Z06 (close). It will be priced where an average Joe could not get one whereas a camaro ss, 392, and 5-0 are all for the working class average Joe's.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:37 AM   #318
thxultra

Quote:

I rode in a 2014 Mustang and was really disappointed in the base interior. I got out and said I really like my Camaro much better. The 2015 interior looks much better. Don't race my car anyway just want enough power to get out of trouble when I need it. The 323hp in my Camaro is plenty for the driving I do. I really like the looks of the Camaro and the ride. Plenty of aftermarket toys if I want to go faster too I like all these cars because they give you lots of options to make it your own also.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:40 AM   #319
87GNX

Quote:
I rode in a 2014 Mustang and was really disappointed in the base interior. I got out and said I really like my Camaro much better. The 2015 interior looks much better. Don't race my car anyway just want enough power to get out of trouble when I need it. The 323hp in my Camaro is plenty for the driving I do. I really like the looks of the Camaro and the ride. Plenty of aftermarket toys if I want to go faster too I like all these cars because they give you lots of options to make it your own also.
Check out a 2014 Premium interior...it's nice. Base interiors are garbage imo.
Old 07-11-2014, 02:40 PM   #320
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

The interior in both mustangs for 13/14 was a bit plain to me which is why I went with the ss. The sunroof was a huge plus (icing on the cake). My buddy just texted me earlier today and said he is going to sell hjs 2011 ss L99 and order a hellcat.

Its funny because we always go back and fourth on the 5-0/SS bickering (all in fun).
Old 07-12-2014, 11:59 AM   #321
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Check out a 2014 Premium interior...it's nice. Base interiors are garbage imo.
If it wasn't for the Camaro interior, the mustang would be my favorite !So I don't see nothing wrong with the mustang interior! Just the Camaro is more unique to me!

Quote:
Trust me, The 323hp in that's in these 5th Gen Camaro's is plenty enough , if no more than enough! It put a smile on my face all the time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
The interior in both mustangs for 13/14 was a bit plain to me which is why I went with the ss. The sunroof was a huge plus (icing on the cake). My buddy just texted me earlier today and said he is going to sell hjs 2011 ss L99 and order a hellcat.

Its funny because we always go back and fourth on the 5-0/SS bickering (all in fun).
Yea, I'd choose a Challenger over the nice 13-14 mustang's!
Old 07-12-2014, 12:23 PM   #322
87GNX

Quote:
If it wasn't for the Camaro interior, the mustang would be my favorite !So I don't see nothing wrong with the mustang interior! Just the Camaro is more unique to me!

Trust me, The 323hp in that's in these 5th Gen Camaro's is plenty enough , if no more than enough! It put a smile on my face all the time!

Yea, I'd choose a Challenger over the nice 13-14 mustang's!
Im not a challenger fan except for the hellcat, I would def take a 13-14 stang even over a 392...its simply more for the money.