#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 02-12-2015, 12:04 AM   #1
Sesiom Summers

Drives: 94 Z28 / 01 Z28 / 2015 50th GT
Send a message via MSN to Sesiom Summers
I got Screwed by a thief...

hello guys,I would like to tell you something that happened to me today, as a learning curve called living by your own, you get to mature really fast, and learn about mistakes.. but this mistake cost me way to much, I made a huge mistake and I paid for it in the worst way.

Due to some mayor issue today (my boss and close friend of mine had a stroke) when I got the message I ran to the hospital as fast as I could to see the person who is been like the Uncle I never had,when I arrive my friend told me he its fine but is at the intensive Care unit, so I spend all the day at the hospital, I spoke with him and he recover to the point we start to talk about life.. until I got a call from a neighbor a nice old cuban lady who lives in front of me and I help her to do some house care i exchange of a really good tip, she told me -there are 4 guys in your apartment- my blood got cold and I leave the hospital in panic, when I arrived at home my Playstation 2, 3 AND 4 where gone with half of my game and movie collection, and my Bose speaker, and my Gaming Laptop, that was painful until I enter the garage and I see an empty space where my heads where supposed to be, they also tock the brembo calipers, the transmission computer, the automatic shiftier, my Pioneer radio and a box with LS7 lifters... Im still searching for more missing stuff... at this point I just started to cry in silence, my Fbody Project now is screwed...its feels horrible, I never wish this to anyone, and I cant do anything else but blame myself because I realize I let the garage open, and the house without Alarm, what I was thinking?.. I already called the police and they were really Amazing, but the insurance guy just told me in the phone "that story is really strange" WTF! so he just open an insurance claim bur he told me that I was my fault so they are not going to cover it...

its been a rough day, material lose is not important, Im ok and that's what really matters just want to let a thought for other young Camaro fans here:
never do anything without thinking
Old 02-12-2015, 12:12 AM   #2
BRAVO 2SS
Aim Small...Miss Small

Drives: 2018 ZL1 M6
That sucks...I'm so so sorry! Be strong and you will get through it. I wish you all the best and I hope they find the people.
Old 02-12-2015, 03:13 AM   #3
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
ah...the city beautiful.

pics?
snarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 03:28 AM   #4
Sesiom Summers

Drives: 94 Z28 / 01 Z28 / 2015 50th GT
Send a message via MSN to Sesiom Summers
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarky View Post
ah...the city beautiful.

pics?
winter park its not a "city".. its on the outsides of Orlando, but things are getting kind of hot here, Im not the first one for what the police told me.. you want pics off what? Im kind of confused here
Old 02-12-2015, 09:33 AM   #5
hazy

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
check craigslist. regularly for the next few months.
hazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 11:50 AM   #6
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
I concur check craigslist in your area aswell and the surounding area as soon as you see your stuff call the cops and go after them! Im so sorry this happened to you I hope those mother****ers rot in jail.
Bizaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 12:22 PM   #7
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Sorry to hear of your problems, but I don't understand how this could be your fault based on the information you posted. Might be time to skip the agent and call the insurance company directly to see if you're covered for the theft. If you're really not covered then it might be time to switch insurance.

Good luck!
Mark114 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 12:38 PM   #8
garyw

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS RS
what insurance company is it that got one phone call and were able to determine its your fault? Did you tell those people to break and enter your house? Sounds like they are playing on your inexperience.
garyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 12:38 PM   #9
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sesiom Summers View Post
hello guys,I would like to tell you something that happened to me today, as a learning curve called living by your own, you get to mature really fast, and learn about mistakes.. but this mistake cost me way to much, I made a huge mistake and I paid for it in the worst way.

Due to some mayor issue today (my boss and close friend of mine had a stroke) when I got the message I ran to the hospital as fast as I could to see the person who is been like the Uncle I never had,when I arrive my friend told me he its fine but is at the intensive Care unit, so I spend all the day at the hospital, I spoke with him and he recover to the point we start to talk about life.. until I got a call from a neighbor a nice old cuban lady who lives in front of me and I help her to do some house care i exchange of a really good tip, she told me -there are 4 guys in your apartment- my blood got cold and I leave the hospital in panic, when I arrived at home my Playstation 2, 3 AND 4 where gone with half of my game and movie collection, and my Bose speaker, and my Gaming Laptop, that was painful until I enter the garage and I see an empty space where my heads where supposed to be, they also tock the brembo calipers, the transmission computer, the automatic shiftier, my Pioneer radio and a box with LS7 lifters... Im still searching for more missing stuff... at this point I just started to cry in silence, my Fbody Project now is screwed...its feels horrible, I never wish this to anyone, and I cant do anything else but blame myself because I realize I let the garage open, and the house without Alarm, what I was thinking?.. I already called the police and they were really Amazing, but the insurance guy just told me in the phone "that story is really strange" WTF! so he just open an insurance claim bur he told me that I was my fault so they are not going to cover it...

its been a rough day, material lose is not important, Im ok and that's what really matters just want to let a thought for other young Camaro fans here:
never do anything without thinking
To start, you are very right, material things aren't as important as the loss of a life. They are all things you can replace with time.

Most alarms these days have the ability to be added to a cell phone or tablet, so its always wise to add these apps to your phone. I use mine pretty regularly.

Additionally, as an IT guy, I always recommend recording the serial numbers and such from all your electronics and emailing them to yourself. This allows you to always provide the information in the event of theft.

Truly sorry to hear about your boss, hope he is getting better!
Old 02-12-2015, 01:35 PM   #10
MLAZ1990

Drives: 2012 black camaro 2LS
Low life scumbags!!!
SLP Loud Mouth 1 Exhaust, K&N CAI, RS Headlights, NightOwl V2 halo kit, ZL1 Grille, Custom 2LS Emblems, Green Footwells, GM GFX splitter, Ace Alloy Convex All Matte Black Wheels(20x9 & 20x10.5) wrapped in Toyo Proxe STII(255/45/20 & 295/40/20)
MLAZ1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 02:06 PM   #11
OffseT
Maroboy2001 AKA Offset

Drives: Boosted Trans Am
I'm sorry bud. Things happen for a reason and I'm a strong believer of Karma
Old 02-12-2015, 02:23 PM   #12
NJScorpio

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LT Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffseT View Post
I'm sorry bud. Things happen for a reason and I'm a strong believer of Karma
Are you saying he deserved this??? You jerk!

Sorry, just injecting some humor. To the OP, sorry to hear this happened, and while you may be beating yourself up about it, it's one of those mistakes that happen. Hell, if people were normal, and nice, and not asses, then you could have left your garage open without 4 dudes going in and taking your stuff.

It's not by virtue of your garage being open that your stuff just flew out. (Not that that's an argument to use with the insurance company, but again, it comes down to those 4 guys doing wrong, not you).
Old 02-12-2015, 02:23 PM   #13
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazy View Post
check craigslist. regularly for the next few months.
Don't forget the local pawn shops too. While those guys do their best to ensure the items they buy are legit, sometimes stolen articles sneak through.

REALLY sorry to hear this though. Good luck getting your stuff back or equally compensated.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 02:28 PM   #14
OffseT
Maroboy2001 AKA Offset

Drives: Boosted Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJScorpio View Post
Are you saying he deserved this??? You jerk!

Sorry, just injecting some humor. To the OP, sorry to hear this happened, and while you may be beating yourself up about it, it's one of those mistakes that happen. Hell, if people were normal, and nice, and not asses, then you could have left your garage open without 4 dudes going in and taking your stuff.

It's not by virtue of your garage being open that your stuff just flew out. (Not that that's an argument to use with the insurance company, but again, it comes down to those 4 guys doing wrong, not you).
Nah just saying for all we know he might be able to find a better set of lifters etc who knows. But by Karma I mean the guys that stole his stuff will be punished down the road.