Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Thread Closed

Old 02-08-2015, 02:18 PM   #43
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capricio View Post
Okay, so basically....

If you express an opinion suggesting that maybe it might be possible GM encountered a problem with their target date for release, you're a crackpot.

If you second guess GM for holding back information as a bad tactical decision costing them potential sales and and causing loyal enthusiasts to lose interest, then you're just an impatient child in adult clothes.

Only if you accept and take on faith that this is a brilliant tactic in accordance with God's Plan and Divine Will, then you are smarter than the teaming masses of ignorant hoi polloi.

...got it. Carry on.

Seriously though, I'm pretty sure we're all rooting for the same team here. Maybe consider turning down the condescension level from 11 to about 9 or so.
Exactly my thoughts .
Old 02-08-2015, 03:47 PM   #44
'01LS1

Drives: 2003 Pete
Quote:
Seriously though, I'm pretty sure we're all rooting for the same team here. Maybe consider turning down the condescension level from 11 to about 9 or so.
Not thinking I have read a condescending tone in this thread so much as some are 2nd guessing everything because it is winter with nothing much going on. Then add everyone is irritated because it is winter. Add another entire level of irritated for those living in the north east seeing piles of snow on top of already mountainous piles of snow. The only fans of winter are on snowmobiles & are not on forums. My point @*$% winter.

My guess is still New York Auto Show reveal & there is more than enough time to begin production mid to late summer.
Old 02-08-2015, 03:49 PM   #45
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Okay, so basically....

If you express an opinion suggesting that maybe it might be possible GM encountered a problem with their target date for release, you're a crackpot.

If you second guess GM for holding back information as a bad tactical decision costing them potential sales and and causing loyal enthusiasts to lose interest, then you're just an impatient child in adult clothes.

Only if you accept and take on faith that this is a brilliant tactic in accordance with God's Plan and Divine Will, then you are smarter than the teaming masses of ignorant hoi polloi.

...got it. Carry on.

With ZERO data other than a web site full of people thinking (wanting) info NOW, suggesting GM has a problem with the car or its launch date is border line Internetcrackpotdom. There is absolutely no reason to believe there is a problem. There is not even a rumor there is a problem.

See how this sounds. "I was certain they would show it at Detroit because that's what I would have done. They haven't announced for Chicago yet which only leaves NY in April. GM must certainly have screwed something up"

Again if you start the clock from first prototype spy photos (August) and go 18 months (C7, Mustang check the the Internet) this car will not launch until very late this year at best. So why does anyone think GM should be like Ford and play their hand earlier than necessary. And GM knows better than anyone on this site (short of Fbodfather) what the best date is.
Old 02-08-2015, 04:43 PM   #46
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
With ZERO data other than a web site full of people thinking (wanting) info NOW, suggesting GM has a problem with the car or its launch date is border line Internetcrackpotdom. There is absolutely no reason to believe there is a problem. There is not even a rumor there is a problem.

See how this sounds. "I was certain they would show it at Detroit because that's what I would have done. They haven't announced for Chicago yet which only leaves NY in April. GM must certainly have screwed something up"

Again if you start the clock from first prototype spy photos (August) and go 18 months (C7, Mustang check the the Internet) this car will not launch until very late this year at best. So why does anyone think GM should be like Ford and play their hand earlier than necessary. And GM knows better than anyone on this site (short of Fbodfather) what the best date is.

Exactly. People at GM are probably laughing if they're reading some of the threads here. I'll bet everything is on schedule, their schedule.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

Old 02-08-2015, 04:43 PM   #47
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
I think there are other problems going on with the Camaro. I think the Z/28 program is going to take a financial hit. I read in a stock journal Chevy only sold 1500 z/28's out of 3000 built in 2014, if it is true then the 2016 program might have to be rethought. I am not saying no 2016's I am saying a re-shuffle of the trim levels offered. Big end of year clearance sale this year for the 2014 models. With 1500 Z/28's out there you will see bigger than 20% off sale maybe 30-40.
Old 02-08-2015, 05:02 PM   #48
mako22

Drives: 2017 HB 2SS
Quote:
Okay, so basically....

If you are manufacturing wild theories as to why a car company has not released a car according to your personal timeline, yes it hard to take you seriously.

Yes we are all on the same team, and we all come here hoping for some insight - but being frustrated with the wait is hardly a good basis for saying there is a major production issue or that the car wont be ready til 17.
Old 02-08-2015, 05:23 PM   #49
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post

Old 02-08-2015, 05:59 PM   #50
IOMCamaroSS
#PrimeCamaros

Drives: IOM '10 Camaro SS
Assuming the unveiling will be at the New York show, I think it will do just fine. The refresh and Z/28 received plenty of publicity when they did it that way.. And waiting until next year makes no business sense whatsoever.
Old 02-08-2015, 06:23 PM   #51
anotherreject

Drives: no camaro
I was waiting to see the new 6gen, i waited for the car shows to come and go with no reveals, i found a motorcycle i liked and bought that instead. Prime example of how a sale was lost. I got bored waiting and spent money someplace else. Like others have said maybe if some bones were thrown to us i could have waited.
Old 02-08-2015, 06:32 PM   #52
mako22

Drives: 2017 HB 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherreject View Post
I was waiting to see the new 6gen, i waited for the car shows to come and go with no reveals, i found a motorcycle i liked and bought that instead. Prime example of how a sale was lost. I got bored waiting and spent money someplace else. Like others have said maybe if some bones were thrown to us i could have waited.
later
Old 02-08-2015, 06:38 PM   #53
Mikes SS

Drives: '10 CGM 2SS/RS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb114 View Post
I think there are other problems going on with the Camaro. I think the Z/28 program is going to take a financial hit. I read in a stock journal Chevy only sold 1500 z/28's out of 3000 built in 2014, if it is true then the 2016 program might have to be rethought. I am not saying no 2016's I am saying a re-shuffle of the trim levels offered. Big end of year clearance sale this year for the 2014 models. With 1500 Z/28's out there you will see bigger than 20% off sale maybe 30-40.
Well I think the fact that the MSRP "for a CAMARO" was $75,000 might just have a little something to do with it. I mean let's be serious, not that many people have that much disposable income for a toy!!!
Old 02-08-2015, 08:49 PM   #54
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
Old 02-08-2015, 09:09 PM   #55
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Quote:
This is hilarious. You bought a bike cause GM hasn't revealed the Gen 6 Camaro????.. Come on, you never really wanted a Camaro, tell the truth.. Lol. So what happens when they reveal the 6 Gen and you like it?? I bet you ditch the bike in a heart beat!!
Old 02-08-2015, 09:14 PM   #56
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
My 2013 Mustang GT is growing on me the longer I keep it, but I'm trading it in for a 2016 Camaro if it's what I'm expecting it to be. Bring it on, GM!

Closed Thread