Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-21-2019, 09:39 PM   #15
Kyruss55

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS 2018
2018 Camaro SS here. I was getting the rattle as well. I was able to loosen the screw with a torx bit in my finger and thumb! There was a green type threadlocker that obviously didn't hold up. Hopefully this Permatex Threadlocker Blue will do better after coating the screw and torquing to spec.
Kyruss55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 11:25 PM   #16
Rdye

Drives: Camaro RS 2017
Replace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro6.SS View Post
I am having the same issue with mine. The rattle doesn't sound like it's coming from the shift lever itself but applying gentle forward pressure on the stick temporarily silences it.

I brought the car to the dealer, and they performed the procedure described in TSB 16-NA-078, but unfortunately it had no effect.

Has anyone had any luck diagnosing/solving this issue?
*After months of arguing with my local dealership (they said it was the invisible change in my center console) I found your bulletin link which helped tremendously. After showing the bulletin to my local dealership I was informed the bulletin has been updated and the recommendation is the assembly needs to be replaced not repair the loose bolt. Hope this helps
Rdye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 12:06 PM   #17
dangcab
Dangcab

Drives: Camaro 2017 V6 2LT RS - 6 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobshannon22 View Post
I also have about .5 inches of left to right movement. Glad it's seems normal
BOBSHANNON22, did you find a way to fix this problem ?, for me it is the bushings at the shift lever shaft point (right picture #3). I tried to fix it by upgrading to HURTS Short Shifter, I still have the problem and was able to see the .5 inches play in the switch link. My only problem now is that I can't find those Bushings.
Attached Images

dangcab is offline   Reply With Quote