Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-21-2013, 05:29 PM   #71
2010-1SS-IBM

Drives: 1998 Nissan, 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seer View Post
I'm sorry but a 3200-3300lb Mustang with a 430hp V8 (rumored S550 specs) is nothing to sneeze at, considering the current S197 weighs around 3600-3700 and has 420hp, and outruns the SS in the 1/4 and 0-60. Let's not even talk about ZL1 to GT500 power to weights either. It's going to be tough to wrestle the 2+2 RWD performance car crown from Ford again in this generation, but let's hope GM steps up to the plate with a lighter, more powerful Camaro, as competition is a good thing.

It's adapting, not giving up. Chevy can't keep a bloated Camaro as well, hence they're dropping weight (Alpha) and going with more efficient drivetrains as well.

It's ok to be proud of your car, but don't let brand loyalty blind you. If anything, the HP wars are getting more exciting as cars are dropping weight and going up in power.
My money will be on Chevy next go 'round. You can listen to all the rumors you want, but the Mustang won't be losing 500 pounds while gaining an IRS, etc. Most of Chevy's 6th gen components are already out in cars like the ATS and the Stingray, and they perform as advertised.
2010-1SS-IBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 05:47 PM   #72
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsadryheat79 View Post
You go Al..... JUST SAY NO!

I bet some may remember "Number 36 of 50" the 1982 Camaro Iron Duke

The TIME article: The 50 Worst Cars of All Time"

Don't ever forget that someone, somewhere, somehow, and for some reason thought that to start off in a NEW GEN that was a good idea...... NOT!
If you honestly believe a new Camaro with a 4-cylinder would be as bad as the Iron Duke, well...

Obviously you know nothing about the LTG.
Old 11-21-2013, 05:49 PM   #73
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
You bet! The Ford guys are doing some amazing things with the Ecoboost 6.

The new Cadillac ATS has a TT 6 option factory rated at 400HP. The aftermarket will make that a monster.

Exciting times if you ask me.
I was thinking more of a NA V6.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 05:53 PM   #74
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seer View Post
I'm not a ford fanboy, or a GM one, but throw in the towel is a bad phrase to use here.

The new Mustang will be lighter and faster than the current S197 5.0 powered vehicle. Just because it's base model is getting a turbo 4, does not mean it will not have V8 variety, or even FI V8. They won the last round of the pony car wars in performance, I have a feeling you'll see all three going lighter and more efficient.

I'm sorry but a 3200-3300lb Mustang with a 430hp V8 (rumored S550 specs) is nothing to sneeze at, considering the current S197 weighs around 3600-3700 and has 420hp, and outruns the SS in the 1/4 and 0-60. Let's not even talk about ZL1 to GT500 power to weights either. It's going to be tough to wrestle the 2+2 RWD performance car crown from Ford again in this generation, but let's hope GM steps up to the plate with a lighter, more powerful Camaro, as competition is a good thing.

It's adapting, not giving up. Chevy can't keep a bloated Camaro as well, hence they're dropping weight (Alpha) and going with more efficient drivetrains as well.

It's ok to be proud of your car, but don't let brand loyalty blind you. If anything, the HP wars are getting more exciting as cars are dropping weight and going up in power.
Well, GM is holding the crown in muscle car sells since the camaro came out. So, i don't think GM is worried about performance . Mostly , everyone will mod their car to be faster than another. Camaro 1LE vs. any mustang besides the GT500 wins. Ford is dropping weight too on the Mustang . So, I don't know what you're talking about.

Like GM is the only one doing it or Like GM is dropping the weight because they feel that the camaro is bloated. I guess that the mustang is bloated too. huh? Camaro holds the crown on track course.

I wonder why a lot of ppl are trading in their mustang for a camaro ? I like the mustang too. Especially the 13's and 14's.

Last edited by Q'smuscle; 11-21-2013 at 06:04 PM.
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 06:26 PM   #75
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Thank you! We must keep the camaro's heritage alive!!!!!!!!!

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 06:50 PM   #76
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Shocked Al is even discussing the NG Camaro let alone giving out information on future powertrain choices. Really Al?
Old 11-21-2013, 06:57 PM   #77
OperativeXIV

Drives: 2012 Summit White 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Shocked Al is even discussing the NG Camaro let alone giving out information on future powertrain choices. Really Al?
Considering the official reveal of the new Mustang is 3 weeks away, I'm not *to* surprised and I think it's a good move. Especially if it's news that can dig at peoples subconscious ("4 cylinder? Pfft! we would NEVER sully our car with so few cylinders, we're all about performance over here!" or some such...)
Old 11-21-2013, 06:58 PM   #78
camaro2lt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT VR/RS CGM Rally's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
I think he just wanted to insure that there will not be a 4 cylinder in a Camaro. It's really not a lot of information. And im sure he was allowed to say this.
camaro2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 07:14 PM   #79
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Hurray for no 4 banger Camaro. But Boooooooo for eventual demise of 8 cyl. I already could not find a Chevy daily driver I wanted to buy & had to get a Nissan. Having driven a 4 cyl Cruze for a couple of years & just could not imagine myself driving a bigger car with that size engine, not to mention that there are no mid size coupes anymore. Now the Cruze is a diesel????????????? Really??????? NOT! I'm glad the trucks kept their big engines. A truck needs to be able to WORK HARD when it needs to. I am soooooooooooo glad we bought our Camaros when we did. I sure hope that there is hope for future Chevys I will get a permagrin for.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:21 PM   #80
stlrammer

Drives: 2017 1SS Blue
All I know is that I needed a photo to compliment Al's. Oh yea, no four bangers

Old 11-21-2013, 10:30 PM   #81
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
I don't get it. Big Al slammed the 4 saying the Camaro is a Musclecar. So is he slamming all the V6 owners who didn't pony up for a V8? Also, the new Camaro, especially the ZL1 with the magic magnetic ride has shown it's more than a muscle car, it's a true sports car. I'm sorry, but this kind of narrow thinking could again lead to the demise of the Camaro. Go after the Germans all you want but if Ford and Chevy don't keep their halo coupes playing in the same arena how will they continue to push each other and together present American coupes as real global enthusiast cars? I like the Camaro, and the Vette, and new Caddy's and the amazing things GM engineers and designers do, but I worry that GM management has learned very little from the bailout.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:55 PM   #82
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrammer View Post
All I know is that I needed a photo to compliment Al's. Oh yea, no four bangers
Oh...I can play that game! Of course I had my Camaro jacket on lol

Old 11-21-2013, 11:36 PM   #83
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Hurray for no 4 banger Camaro. But Boooooooo for eventual demise of 8 cyl. I already could not find a Chevy daily driver I wanted to buy & had to get a Nissan. Having driven a 4 cyl Cruze for a couple of years & just could not imagine myself driving a bigger car with that size engine, not to mention that there are no mid size coupes anymore. Now the Cruze is a diesel????????????? Really??????? NOT! I'm glad the trucks kept their big engines. A truck needs to be able to WORK HARD when it needs to. I am soooooooooooo glad we bought our Camaros when we did. I sure hope that there is hope for future Chevys I will get a permagrin for.
Um yes. Are you aware cars in pretty much every other country have diesel powertrains? It's only North America that has this stupid aversion to diesel. Cruze Diesel is not only more powerful than its 1.4L counterpart, it's much more efficient. It'll exceed the EPA estimate barely trying.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:41 AM   #84
Seer

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Well, GM is holding the crown in muscle car sells since the camaro came out. So, i don't think GM is worried about performance . Mostly , everyone will mod their car to be faster than another. Camaro 1LE vs. any mustang besides the GT500 wins. Ford is dropping weight too on the Mustang . So, I don't know what you're talking about.

Like GM is the only one doing it or Like GM is dropping the weight because they feel that the camaro is bloated. I guess that the mustang is bloated too. huh? Camaro holds the crown on track course.

I wonder why a lot of ppl are trading in their mustang for a camaro ? I like the mustang too. Especially the 13's and 14's.
on one road course, the Ford has been winning on a multitude of others, read a little bit.
Seer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 4 cylinder camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro forum, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 4 cylinder, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation, new camaro