Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 07-16-2022, 12:06 PM   #15
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Are you sure traction control was not disabled, even by accident? When you disable traction control on our cars it will let you get a little more slip angle before Stability Control kicks in to straighten the car out by applying braking as needed at each wheel.

If you were in the default mode with all nannies enabled then you must have really hit a slick patch of road or something before traction control and stability control cut power. In fact, these systems may have actually saved you from a spin and you don't even know it since it happens so fast.
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 12:07 PM   #16
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
Suspension and exhaust were locked into Track mode. Steering and throttle response were Sport. That's my 24/7/365 setup.
Wow not related but I always thought track really turned off most of the dynamic aspect of the mrc. Even on my 16 SS I had it in track less that 1% of the time I drove it. Have you ever blown a seal on a damper? Since the 1le I locked the suspension to tour!
Old 07-16-2022, 12:15 PM   #17
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdhyperblue View Post
Wow I always thought track really turned off most of the dynamic aspect of the mrc
Well, Track is just one of the modes of MRC. The Track mode setting just send more voltage to the magnetic dampers, which effectively enables the fluid to behave like it is much thicker, stiffening up the shock. I usually drive mine in Sport so I get the Performance Shift Mode and throttle mapping.

I prefer to leave my suspension mode tied to the drive mode I am in so you can just change it via the button as opposed to hard coding it in the menu. I do hard set my steering mode to tour though. As for the exhaust mode, I pulled the fuse the day I bought it.
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 02:39 PM   #18
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
sounds like driver error to me.

in stock form these 1LEs are all but impossible to upset if the tires are warm and it's over 70*. they are nailed down in all aspects, furthermore at stock power levels.
I can't argue with that. It could be I just goosed it more than I thought I did, or gave it a little more steering input than I planned to, or overreacted to the first time it broke loose.

It was an experience for sure. I've deliberately thrown the rear end out on various occasions when no other cars were around. Sometimes with nannies off and sometimes with them on. In all cases I was exploring the handling and what it felt like at the edge. This one seemed different, but I could be wrong. I don't think anything is wrong with the car that's for sure, although I did take care of that pressure issue.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 05:51 PM   #19
Gen6cyl

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2021 ,rs, v6, manual
I keep my non run flat psi around 30 psi. Never had any issues with lowly v6 on dry road.
Gen6cyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 06:36 PM   #20
SATINSTEEL1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 21 ZL1
With my ZL1, I get the rear end wagging under WOT. And a lot of idiots think its the rear cradle bushings being too soft and needing to be replaced with hard bushings. They are idiots. If you watch the ELSD in the dash, you can see it moving power between the back wheels to keep you straight and in traction. These cars are very smart and able to keep you pointing down the road even when you shouldnt be. The byproduct can be twitchy handling under WOT. If you watch some of the ZL1 track videos, you can see it even lock the front inside wheel if you are starting to step out in order to straighten you out again.

Any handling quirks are a byproduct of this very smart car keeping your ass on the street and not in a ditch unlike the mustang and hellcat folks.
SATINSTEEL1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 07:20 PM   #21
Dabjbr

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATINSTEEL1LE View Post
With my ZL1, I get the rear end wagging under WOT. And a lot of idiots think its the rear cradle bushings being too soft and needing to be replaced with hard bushings. They are idiots. If you watch the ELSD in the dash, you can see it moving power between the back wheels to keep you straight and in traction. These cars are very smart and able to keep you pointing down the road even when you shouldnt be. The byproduct can be twitchy handling under WOT. If you watch some of the ZL1 track videos, you can see it even lock the front inside wheel if you are starting to step out in order to straighten you out again.

Any handling quirks are a byproduct of this very smart car keeping your ass on the street and not in a ditch unlike the mustang and hellcat folks.
That sounds a bit judgmental. The ZLE comes with solid aluminum bushings for a reason. It may not be necessary for street driven cars but for those on track, be that a zl or SS, solid bushings may provide value.

Back to the OP, your suspension was in the stiffest setting, sport is the sharpest throttle, Bridgestones are less grippy than the stock GY, my guess is you did goose it a bit too much and perhaps that plus surface conditions led to traction loss.

No harm no foul.
Dabjbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 08:04 PM   #22
SATINSTEEL1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 21 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabjbr View Post
That sounds a bit judgmental. The ZLE comes with solid aluminum bushings for a reason. It may not be necessary for street driven cars but for those on track, be that a zl or SS, solid bushings may provide value.

Back to the OP, your suspension was in the stiffest setting, sport is the sharpest throttle, Bridgestones are less grippy than the stock GY, my guess is you did goose it a bit too much and perhaps that plus surface conditions led to traction loss.

No harm no foul.
The ZL1 1LE was not designed for straight line stability and performance. It was made to go around corners. If you think for one second that GM engineers have not been informed about this "problem" and knew what the car did well before it was in the layman's hands, then I pitty you. You get the internet engineers together on a forum and they all the sudden know better than the MFR and the 5 years of R&D that was done before you even knew about this car. Also forgetting the fact that GM has had since 2017 to "fix" this condition that everyone thinks is a problem.

Its laughable really to think that people are assuming the rear cradle of the car is moving enough to make the rearend of the car wag under WOT. Funny thing you can stop the wag by putting it in PTM race mode...
SATINSTEEL1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 07:22 AM   #23
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATINSTEEL1LE View Post
The ZL1 1LE was not designed for straight line stability and performance. It was made to go around corners. If you think for one second that GM engineers have not been informed about this "problem" and knew what the car did well before it was in the layman's hands, then I pitty you. You get the internet engineers together on a forum and they all the sudden know better than the MFR and the 5 years of R&D that was done before you even knew about this car. Also forgetting the fact that GM has had since 2017 to "fix" this condition that everyone thinks is a problem.

Its laughable really to think that people are assuming the rear cradle of the car is moving enough to make the rearend of the car wag under WOT. Funny thing you can stop the wag by putting it in PTM race mode...
Forgive me if I lost the train of thought, but what ‘condition’ are you referring to?
Old 07-17-2022, 07:25 AM   #24
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabjbr View Post

No harm no foul.
I’m leaning toward this conclusion. One thought that occurred to me is that typically if I’m shooting a gap I’m already at or close to the speed I want already. In this instance I was going to change lanes at my current speed then noticed the Jack wagon accelerating to cut me off, hence the goose to the throttle at the same time as the lane change.

As you said, no harm no foul, and I learned something.
Old 07-17-2022, 07:58 PM   #25
N Camarolina

Drives: 2021 2SS 1LE
Glad you kept it under control and didn't wreck.

Out on the track, I've noticed that when the back end steps out and it's unanticipated (I didn't think I was doing anything at the time that might provoke it), it seems "different" or perhaps a more violent yaw. That may be the case with you, as in your previous experience, it was you who was purposely making the back end step out (you were ready to catch it), so the actual yaw motion didn't seem so bad or scary.

I'd bet your oversteer experience with the pass was caused by too much throttle for the amount of steering angle you had dialed in. The 5 lb air pressure excess in your one rear tire just made this more likely, as would have decreased contact patch, making the rear more prone to lose traction and initiate a spin in the type of maneuver you were attempting.
N Camarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 11:25 AM   #26
IceGoaliePaul

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT
My experience with driving on icy roads in the winter with crappy tires is that the stability control will allow the back end to swing out a good 20 degrees before really trying to correct it. It's actually good that it isn't overly aggressive. I bet that while you lost the backend the stability control did it's job and stopped you from completely loosing it.
IceGoaliePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 11:36 AM   #27
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Thought from the title this thread would be about someone holding up traffic because of a girl on a bicycle.

Name:  bicycle.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  35.4 KB

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 11:47 AM   #28
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Torque sway maybe. Changing lanes to the left is the direction of torque roll on the engine. Car pulls to the left on hard acceleration. Changing lanes at the same time exaggerates the issue.

Had this issue on my 2016 had to be careful when making quick lane changes while accelerating.

Also crowns in the road will definitely throw you around even more so with the wider tires.

I-69 is bad for that during their construction around here, throwing my car 3-4 feet at a time side to side in some areas.
2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | K&N Typhoon CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | DOD Delete | BTR Stage I Cam | ECM, & E85 |Tuned by: Shane Hinds | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq
FlukeSS is online now   Reply With Quote