Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 01-07-2013, 07:49 PM   #15
Miraclewhip

Drives: 2012 BLK / IO / 2SS / RS / Vert
As a salesmanager at a Chevrolet Dealer. You found the wrong salesman for you.
Miraclewhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:53 PM   #16
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraclewhip View Post
As a salesmanager at a Chevrolet Dealer. You found the wrong salesman for you.
"He" found the wrong salesman? Should the sales people be aligned by product as to bring the greatest value to the customer? Just a whacky idea. Call me crazy. In the software business we have leads for each key area so customers' needs are being taken care of.
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:14 PM   #17
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
Over the years I have learned to walk in knowing what I want and what I am willing to pay for it. Therefore, his knowledge or lack of is pointless. I really don't want them to explain anything. Just agree to my terms and we are good.

Sent from a rainbow while riding a unicorn
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:29 PM   #18
Synner

Drives: cars
I've taught salesmen about their own cars before. They didn't make a sale because of it, went to another dealer who knew their stuff and treated me right. And I agree that if you're relying on the salesman for your knowledge you're already screwed.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:29 PM   #19
Cooley

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE
Before I start my post, please refer to post #14.

When I was trying to find a dealership to order my 1LE from, I ran into the same thing you have found from almost every dealer. Admittedly, this was before the package was available, but the lack of knowledge went through the ranks to the sales managers. So the blame lies with them.

It was a frustrating experience, and one sales manager refused to order the car because he didn't want to use his 'ZL1' allotment, LOL. (no ZL1 allotments are ever harmed in the purchase of a 1LE )

The first thing I did when I picked up my 1LE was to drive to that dealership and page my salesman so I could show and tell him about his missed sale and that his management had messed it up. He looked as if he was going to be sick.

It was probably not a nice thing to do, but it was strangely satisfying to drive slowly through the lot while all of the salespeople and several customers turned their heads to stare and smile at my new Camaro 1LE with another dealers name on it. And..it was the first one in town.

Call Becky at Rodgers Chevrolet. She will treat you great and give you a fair price. And she knows what the 1LE is all about.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:30 PM   #20
2ssx2

Drives: 2013 2ss se/ 2009 cobalt ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
Over the years I have learned to walk in knowing what I want and what I am willing to pay for it. Therefore, his knowledge or lack of is pointless. I really don't want them to explain anything. Just agree to my terms and we are good.

Sent from a rainbow while riding a unicorn
I would somewhat agree with this post. That being said I went to more than one dealer before ordering car. First few dealers had no clue. I found one where they were performance minded and had lots of allotments. I walked into the showroom and there was a zl1, Hennessy, ZO6,convert 427, and a grand sport. I told them exactly what I wanted and we sat down and custom ordered it. I told the salesperson and the service manager upfront that as soon as the car arrived I would be installing a supercharger.

I have service scheduled this week to have the clear bra and tinted windows installed. Promised the salesman that I would let him drive my car as they are not allowed to test drive the high end supercharged cars at all.

Long winded post but I hope you get the idea.

Last edited by 2ssx2; 01-07-2013 at 08:31 PM. Reason: .
2ssx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:33 PM   #21
Synner

Drives: cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooley View Post
It was a frustrating experience, and one sales manager refused to order the car because he didn't want to use his 'ZL1' allotment, LOL. (no ZL1 allotments are ever harmed in the purchase of a 1LE )
Allotments are based on overall sales volume so yes if they were saving their allotment for a potential future order versus a guaranteed immediate sale it is possible. Stupid, but possible.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:36 PM   #22
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooley View Post
Before I start my post, please refer to post #14.

When I was trying to find a dealership to order my 1LE from, I ran into the same thing you have found from almost every dealer. Admittedly, this was before the package was available, but the lack of knowledge went through the ranks to the sales managers. So the blame lies with them.

The first thing I did when I picked up my 1LE was to drive to that dealership and page my salesman so I could show and tell him about his missed sale and that his management had messed it up. He looked as if he was going to be sick.

It was probably not a nice thing to do, but it was strangely satisfying to drive slowly through the lot while all of the salespeople and several customers turned their heads to stare and smile at my new Camaro 1LE with another dealers name on it. And..it was the first one in town.

Call Becky at Rodgers Chevrolet. She will treat you great and give you a fair price. And she knows what the 1LE is all about.
I bet you cruising through the lot slowly just made more sales for them, I bet not one person thinking of buying even thought to look at the tag
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:39 PM   #23
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
Craziest thing happened to me. I went to a local Chevy dealer talking to a salesman. He'd never heard of the ZL-1 as I was asking about one. LoL...I just went elsewhere.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:43 PM   #24
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
Order from Becky.
Becky is an exceptional sales person. She knows her product and more importantly she takes the time to understand what the buyer wants. Not what the dealership happens to be pushing to sell.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:46 PM   #25
Cooley

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
I bet you cruising through the lot slowly just made more sales for them, I bet not one person thinking of buying even thought to look at the tag
LOL, good point. It was worth that risk to call on the management.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:49 PM   #26
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
Order from Becky.

Knowing more than the salesman is a good thing. A lot of dealers that know about the 1LE and the excitement it creates are charging over sticker. If they know nothing about the 1LE but are capable of at least finding it in the order system I would think that would give you a better chance at a good deal.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:18 PM   #27
Austin45
The Logistician

Drives: 2012 LFX 45th Anniversary
I happen to have an awesome salesman and he knows everything Camaro and Corvette. I asked mine about a 1LE the other day and he knew what I was talking about... needless to say.. he is trying to get me into one pretty hard...
Old 01-08-2013, 05:32 PM   #28
scubadoo7
Airborne Recondo

Drives: Crystal Red 2SS 1LE
When I ordered mine, the dealership had no idea what it was. By patiently educating them, and going through the ordering process, i believe a little respect was shown and recieved.