Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-12-2014, 01:55 AM   #1
CarGarage

Drives: 2SS/RS,Wrangler,CTSVcoupe,viper,etc
My thoughts on 2014

Firstly, I own a 2012.
I also own a bunch on other vehicles
Viper srt 10(sold today), CTSV coupe, 360 Modena,,etc
And a bunch on my friends own high performance cars
Namely one with a challenger srt 8 392, and another with a v6 turbo mustang
And I have to say
In person
The 2014 looks much better than the 2012
A friend came and parked beside mine
Same colour combo
Recaros but not 1le, and the thing stole the show
It looks lower and wider
The rear looks old school and more aggressive, I tried to hate to preserve my camaros specialness,,, but the 2014 is the best 5th gen
Trading up soon!!
CarGarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 02:04 AM   #2
BigB

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS L99 in BRM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarGarage View Post
...but the 2014 is the best 5th gen
Best post I've read all day

But seriously, when I first starting thinking about buying and I had decided on the Samaro over the Challenger the '14 had just came out. I was on the band wagon of "the preludes called and they want their tail lights back" until I saw it in person, side by side. I love my '14, even the tail lights
BigB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 02:07 AM   #3
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
So your Saying the New Tail lights aren't a big deal for you? I remember when the first Camaro Gen 5 was displayed. Everybody didn't much car for the tail lights said it looked to much like a Vette. As time went on and the car grew on people it didn't seem to matter. The GEN5 was upon us We were just happy to see the CAMARO back on the road The 2014 will soon be the Norm and then will Come the GEN6. There will be "dislikes", but no matter we will buy it because we LOVE our CAMARO"s.

Skip
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 02:07 AM   #4
CarGarage

Drives: 2SS/RS,Wrangler,CTSVcoupe,viper,etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB View Post

But seriously, when I first starting thinking about buying and I had decided on the Samaro over the Challenger the '14 had just came out. I was on the band wagon of "the preludes called and they want their tail lights back" until I saw it in person, side by side. I love my '14, even the tail lights
I'm debating ripping out my exhaust tonight and trading for a 14 1le
CarGarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 03:48 AM   #5
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Aw man, we have to do something about getting that avatard turned right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipinminn View Post
but no matter we will buy it because we LOVE our CAMARO"s.
Maybe

I thought the 2006 Concept was the bomb. It totally energized me about this car. If you look at it now it's definitely different from the production.

I think had the refresh tail lights been on the concept and then the '10s-'13's everyone would have loved them. Ok, and then if the '14s had the original tail lights on them it would have been the same hate. What I'm saying is everyone fell in love with what Chevy gave us, then they changed it, we feared the change.

As far as the 6th gen, I don't want to see renderings or spy shots or anything like that, well sort of. Point is I want to have an open mind and reserve judgement until I see the finished product. I especially don't want to see some photo that may or may not be the real deal and start reading 15 hate threads a day on it before we even see it. Kind of a mob mentality takes over there. So I'll stay away from that stuff.

OP, sounds like you have a tough decision when you wake up each day and decide which awesome ride to cruise in. I'm jealous.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:20 AM   #6
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
You are going to find a lot of spirited comments for and against the '14 refresh. As a whole I feel that it was a needed change, and it has done wonders to keep the 5th gen design current. The biggest beneficiaries of the refresh are the 1LE and ZL1 IMO. The Z28 is all new, but as you can see it proudly boasts of the refreshed design.

Take the comments (pro and con) with a grain of salt and enjoy the refresh for yourself.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:42 AM   #7
SS376

Drives: 2013 1SS LS3
If the '14 refresh had been successful, you wouldn't see dozens of posts on every Camaro site defending it, and trying to convince people that it doesn't have Honda taillights.

It's still nice, it's still one of the hottest cars on the road, but the rear end restyle was a mistake and made it look bland. I do like the vented hood however.
SS376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:45 AM   #8
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
the front end looks fine, but the rear end just looks too much like a sedan or something now, particularly without the spoiler. it changed the character of the rear of the car A Lot. it has a more rectangular look to it now instead of the curvy 'big butt' it had before.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:59 AM   #9
AG1LE

Drives: '14 1LE
Great post OP, and I'm with you 100%. I see a lot of BS posts on this forum about how the '14 tail lights aren't retro, from people who clearly haven't seen tail lights on the early Camaros.
AG1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:05 AM   #10
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
As a prior Camaro owner of 1st, 3rd and 4th Gens, I struggled with the 5th Gen as the front and rear never appealed to me, nor the dash or center stack. When the 1LE came out (not counting the ZL1) the looks and performance along with NAV swayed me back to the Camaro despite its flaws in my eyes. No car is perfect in style or design but I really like what they did with the 14's. The front end update more than makes up for the rear which I still think looks better than a 13. The car needed a refresh, I just wish the ZL1 got a nose update because I think a 2014 1LE looks better than a 2014 ZL1, no it may not perform just like it but it's pretty damn close and $15k cheaper to boot. I daily drive the 1LE except for winter and the 5th gens ride is solid, stable and a hugh improvement over prior Gens. Interested to see how the 6gen turns out as we all are.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:06 AM   #11
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
I love the '14s and have from the start. Given the January delivery numbers, I imagine the end of model year numbers will be way up there. (I'm keeping my '13 though... so far).
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:17 AM   #12
SSTG

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
I've seen and commented on enough of these threads that my eyes roll when I see one anymore.
There will always be different tastes. The 14' is growing on many members. It's the best Camaro to date for many reasons.
People will always find something to complain about.
Get the 14' 1LE and smile with every mile!
SSTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:56 AM   #13
wayne watson

Drives: 2014 camaro ss ,1967 chevelle ss,
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB View Post

finally a group that know what they're looking at. not knocking the older Camaros just wondering how the round taillights ever took off,it would have been great if it had been a remodel of a 70. but as long as it took them to build the car after teasing everyone for 5 years I bet they could have put rv lights in it and sold them
Old 02-12-2014, 10:14 AM   #14
wayne watson

Drives: 2014 camaro ss ,1967 chevelle ss,
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS376 View Post
If the '14 refresh had been successful, you wouldn't see dozens of posts on every Camaro site defending it, and trying to convince people that it doesn't have Honda taillights.

It's still nice, it's still one of the hottest cars on the road, but the rear end restyle was a mistake and made it look bland. I do like the vented hood however.
another person who has no idea what the car was modeled after. just glad in 1967 they didn't use round taillights or there would be no such thing as a Camaro today. back when they were released in 2010 (I guess) a buddy of mine who is also salesman at chevy dealer asked me "what's it going to take to get you in one of these" and I replied fix the rear end then 4 years later they did that. the truth is, we've all worked hard for what we have so why does everyone have to knock the new style