Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 12-03-2014, 12:04 PM   #1
Autonaut

Drives: El camino
ATS-V 0-138mph - crazy fast

Not a camaro. But interesting for the camaro still.

Check it out
http://youtu.be/SOCqXGyESro
Anyone noticed it was a manual transmission?

This could tell us something about the alpha platform. And maybe even something about the camaro's weight.

Sources say the ats-v is at 3700-3800lbs for a twin turbo v6 pushing 460hp. Some people various places have claimed the camaro would be heavier due to added structural strenghtening of the chassis to accomodate a powerful V8.
If the ats-v can go from 0-120 mph in 11 seconds at 3800lbs, it has already been strenghtened adequately for the V8 alpha camaro coming up.
Also, i would still argue a twin turbo v6 cadillac will be heavier than a N/A V8 camaro in base trim.

I think it is safe to assume the ATS-V will put a hurting on most cars out there. Amazing car. Kudo's to GM.
Autonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 01:20 PM   #2
Dexman1349
2010 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Here is a short video from the LA auto show on it.

Very tempting...

Cosmetic: ZL1 front w/mailslot, painted stripes, powdercoated SS rims, tow hook, and full chrome delete

Suspension: Pfadt subframe bushings, Pfadt rear UCA bushings, Z28 Upper control arms, Spohn trailing arms with BMR trailing arm & differential bushings, ZL1 Toe Rods and springs, Prothane radius arm inserts & steering rack bushing, Pfadt Sport front sway, FE4 conversion w/ DS rear sway, Pfadt strut brace

Drivetrain: RMCR tune, CAI intake, Kooks headers, hi-flo cats & exhaust, VMAX TB, ZL1 fuel pump, LSR Tri-Ax shifter

Bumblebee Racecar Build
Dexman1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 02:23 PM   #3
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
That is very impressive and a fantastic video! Thanks for the post

Makes you wonder, at 3700 pounds, that TTV6 is moving. And that seemed like an M6 tranny? I wonder what the auto would do if this is indeed a Manual.

Makes me look forward to the upcoming specs for the Camaro. I think all variants are going to be a strong performer.

Hoping instead of choosing the T4 option, they go with a TTV6 option.

Imagine this thing with a tune!!!!
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 02:55 PM   #4
Autonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
That is very impressive and a fantastic video! Thanks for the post

Makes you wonder, at 3700 pounds, that TTV6 is moving. And that seemed like an M6 tranny? I wonder what the auto would do if this is indeed a Manual.

Makes me look forward to the upcoming specs for the Camaro. I think all variants are going to be a strong performer.

Hoping instead of choosing the T4 option, they go with a TTV6 option.

Imagine this thing with a tune!!!!
Exatcly.. Being a manual transmission makes it even more impressive. Check the video once again and notice how long he takes to shift the car. With an 8speed auto the ATS-V will be mindblowingly fast!
Old 12-03-2014, 02:57 PM   #5
WHAMMO

Drives: 13' 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autonaut View Post
Not a camaro. But interesting for the camaro still.

Check it out
http://youtu.be/SOCqXGyESro
Anyone noticed it was a manual transmission?

This could tell us something about the alpha platform. And maybe even something about the camaro's weight.

Sources say the ats-v is at 3700-3800lbs for a twin turbo v6 pushing 460hp. Some people various places have claimed the camaro would be heavier due to added structural strenghtening of the chassis to accomodate a powerful V8.
If the ats-v can go from 0-120 mph in 11 seconds at 3800lbs, it has already been strenghtened adequately for the V8 alpha camaro coming up.
Also, i would still argue a twin turbo v6 cadillac will be heavier than a N/A V8 camaro in base trim.

I think it is safe to assume the ATS-V will put a hurting on most cars out there. Amazing car. Kudo's to GM.
I'm wondering why there would be any strenghtening for a LT1 that is rated to 455hp??? Torque isnt much different and maybe the TT V6 has more torque early in the rpm. I believe they will share the same drivetrain, except the engine/clutch, obviously. LT1 isnt really heavier than this TT V6 I'd guess.

Old setup: TSP 231-236/Tick 660/.105 PR, UDP, SW LT 2'' & HFC, stock NPP & H pipe, VR-DRX CAI, air scoop, Goertz1 manifold, 102mm BBK, 26" Toyo DRs, Forgestars R17x10 & F18x8, rear seat delete, remote Pat G tune Autocal, 7400 limiter, Spec Mini Twin. 91oct. 11.90@122.3, 0-60ft 2.0 / 11.99@123.6, 0-60ft 2.1 DA+819 ...519RWHP SAE

Solid roller SBE LS3, FED, LLSR, 91oct, 605rwhp N/A. Tuned by Pat G. Build by me.
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 02:58 PM   #6
Autonaut

A TTV6 camaro will kill the LT1 V8 camaro so that is unlikely.. 460hp stock will be +500hp on a 93 octane tune.. Thats z28 territory

The 2.3 ecoboost mustang easily picks up 30hp and 70torque..
Old 12-03-2014, 04:22 PM   #7
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
That is one bad ass Caddy!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 05:07 PM   #8
RJZJR

Drives: in progress 3rd Gen BBC 4L80e fab 9
Ok ...if they changed platforms and it's still a whale ..I'd buy a 5th gen and save myself 40k ...the ats race car is less than 3000 lbs ...some how I'll try and wait till official release. . Hard to not comment on some of the crazy responses.
RJZJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 05:52 PM   #9
G-Mann

Drives: 2015 F22 M235i
I would love to see that engine in a Camaro, not so far fetched in 4 or 5 years. The ATS-V is a bad ass ride.
Old 12-03-2014, 09:03 PM   #10
Autonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHAMMO View Post
I'm wondering why there would be any strenghtening for a LT1 that is rated to 455hp??? Torque isnt much different and maybe the TT V6 has more torque early in the rpm. I believe they will share the same drivetrain, except the engine/clutch, obviously. LT1 isnt really heavier than this TT V6 I'd guess.
There won't.. Or at least that's what i have been thinking. I just meant that i have seen people several places claim the camaro would be heavier with a v8 partly due to added strengthening to accomodate the V8 and also due to a V8 being bigger than a TTV6. Both are false. I will bet everything i have that a twin turbo (DOCH?)v6 with added engine cooling, intercooler, 2 turbos and piping is heavier than a LT1.

The biggest disadvantage of forced induction cars are they require alot of cooling. Once they get hot they loose alot of power. On a race track for example.
Old 12-03-2014, 10:36 PM   #11
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Exatcly.. Being a manual transmission makes it even more impressive. Check the video once again and notice how long he takes to shift the car. With an 8speed auto the ATS-V will be mindblowingly fast!
And I think that was RWD from what I gather, which is even better because I thought it was the AWD that helped it get a quicker time. The auto will be quick as hell. I swear this video, the car doesn't rev as high until a bit later which makes me wonder if they can get it to go even faster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHAMMO View Post
Almost gives you an idea of where the next SS will be in terms of 0-60

Quote:
A TTV6 camaro will kill the LT1 V8 camaro so that is unlikely.. 460hp stock will be +500hp on a 93 octane tune.. Thats z28 territory

The 2.3 ecoboost mustang easily picks up 30hp and 70torque..
This ^^^^^ Is the most exciting part. A tune, fuel, heck give it an E85 tune, thing would be a monster!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJZJR View Post
Ok ...if they changed platforms and it's still a whale ..I'd buy a 5th gen and save myself 40k ...the ats race car is less than 3000 lbs ...some how I'll try and wait till official release. . Hard to not comment on some of the crazy responses.
I thought the new platform was said to only shave a bit of weight? Wasn't this car weighing in around 3700 lbs?
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 06:17 AM   #12
RJZJR

Drives: in progress 3rd Gen BBC 4L80e fab 9
Was speculating a little ...15 z28 3600 lbs ats race car 3000 lbs can't we shoot for the lower side ... No ones going to drive it in the snow ... And for damn sure not in rain either..hell what does carpet and a little seam sealer weight. My self would like to see a 3000 lb bare bones monster ...that would sure give the others something to dole over...come on gm or make a awd fighter t/t 3.6 manual trans Godzilla eater.
RJZJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 11:18 AM   #13
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
The ATS-V having forged engine is a perfect starting point to easily bring it up to 500+ HP just with a few small upgrades, like CAI, larger downpipe, larger exhaust and a tune.

If they would offer that engine on Camaro, I'll take it over LT1.
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 11:36 AM   #14
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJZJR View Post
Was speculating a little ...15 z28 3600 lbs ats race car 3000 lbs can't we shoot for the lower side ... No ones going to drive it in the snow ... And for damn sure not in rain either..hell what does carpet and a little seam sealer weight. My self would like to see a 3000 lb bare bones monster ...that would sure give the others something to dole over...come on gm or make a awd fighter t/t 3.6 manual trans Godzilla eater.
Maybe five people (who weren't race teams) would buy a completely stripped down model. If GM was lucky. And put $10k cash back on the hood.