Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-16-2014, 09:42 AM   #15
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Yea , I agree! The Camaro interior lets you know that you're driving something special! So I don't know what else to do to it but put in a screen that you can actually watch videos on . Oh, and give all red, all white, all blue and a all yellow interior option because muscle cars had them back than.
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 10:13 AM   #16
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Interior is a massive improvement over the 5th gen.
Old 10-16-2014, 12:01 PM   #17
Jameg1011

Drives: 2012 2LT 45th anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post

You've seen it in person?
Jameg1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 12:14 PM   #18
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Well , I guess it depends what you consider improvement.
Old 10-16-2014, 12:48 PM   #19
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Well , I guess it depends what you consider improvement.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:54 AM   #20
94turbolsx

Drives: 2001 Camaro SS
I just want a thoroughly modern and simple interior. Time for a fresh approach, no more retro. The 2015 Audi TT is much higher priced car, but the interior is a absolute masterpiece of modern simplicity. Something along those lines would make me smile wide.

It's also time to get the Camaro tri shield logo back on the steering wheel hub, enough with the gold bowties already. A modern 3D surfaced tri shield logo would be a very cool touch.

GM will nail the exterior design, they definitely will nail the chassis, engine and drivetrain, but my eyebrow is raised on the interior. I think they will botch that all up again. No offense to guys that like the 5th gen interior, I personally am just very fond of it.
Old 10-17-2014, 09:25 AM   #21
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94turbolsx View Post
I just want a thoroughly modern and simple interior. Time for a fresh approach, no more retro. The 2015 Audi TT is much higher priced car, but the interior is a absolute masterpiece of modern simplicity. Something along those lines would make me smile wide.

It's also time to get the Camaro tri shield logo back on the steering wheel hub, enough with the gold bowties already. A modern 3D surfaced tri shield logo would be a very cool touch.

GM will nail the exterior design, they definitely will nail the chassis, engine and drivetrain, but my eyebrow is raised on the interior. I think they will botch that all up again. No offense to guys that like the 5th gen interior, I personally am just very fond of it.
The Audi TT example is a very nice one!

As far as your comment on GM nailing the exterior design, but being worried about the interior...I'm the exact opposite on that one.

I think the interior will be nice. Its the exterior I'm worried about the most. Sure, a nice interior is a bonus, but I'd much rather have a sweet looking car from the ouside and interior just be alright rather than the other way.

Opinions...everyone's got em.
Old 10-17-2014, 11:07 AM   #22
ssrs396

Drives: 68 vert 396 13 ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
The Audi TT example is a very nice one!

As far as your comment on GM nailing the exterior design, but being worried about the interior...I'm the exact opposite on that one.

I think the interior will be nice. Its the exterior I'm worried about the most. Sure, a nice interior is a bonus, but I'd much rather have a sweet looking car from the ouside and interior just be alright rather than the other way.

Opinions...everyone's got em.
Ditto.....Exterior 1st, interior 2nd. Also I don't get all the love for the tri-shield, this is 2014. If we are going to go back lets use some of the originals.
Attached Images

ssrs396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 11:19 AM   #23
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
This summer I told one of the Camaro Disciples about how the conical speedo lenses on my 67 reminded me of boobies, and how I would always fondle them. (Well ok, I was 18). She thought that was hilarious and told the team. So if the instrument lenses on the 6th gen are conical, you're welcome.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 11:27 AM   #24
ssrs396

Drives: 68 vert 396 13 ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
This summer I told one of the Camaro Disciples about how the conical speedo lenses on my 67 reminded me of boobies, and how I would always fondle them. (Well ok, I was 18). She thought that was hilarious and told the team. So if the instrument lenses on the 6th gen are conical, you're welcome.

ssrs396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 11:56 AM   #25
nikeair042
VENOM

Drives: Pontiac G8
Major overhaul needed on the interior. Current interior looks like Rubbermaid put it together. Too much plastic, too much empty space, just nothing that makes you say "wow, this is a nice interior." Challenger has always had (i think) the best interior out of the 3 muscle cars and camaro has had the worst. I don't mind keeping some retro items in the car, but make it look better then just a cheap afterthought.
Appearance Mods: Red painted calipers, 20% Rear Tint, 35% Side Tint, front side marker tint, G8 GT Visor decals, V8 Badge, L76 oil cap, Roto-Fab Radiator cover, G8 GT Badge, shorty antenna, CF intake tube, CF plenum cover, GXP rear diffuser, red/black shifter, SLP black spoiler, gloss black roof
Performance Mods: Roto-Fab intake, Borla Cat-Back exhaust, hood-vent mod, VMS Tune, 160*, SLP LT headers, Camaro brembo's and rotors, BMR suspension parts, Eibach springs
nikeair042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 01:43 PM   #26
Eich

Drives: '11 SW/Beige 2SS RS Manual
I agree with the comments about the Steering wheel being unique to Camaro with a Camaro logo. But the reason that they stopped it after 2011 is because the design was too big/clunky. I couldn't wait to get rid of mine. It was the exact same issue with the 2005 Corvette, which I also had and hated the steering wheel. And in 2006, Chevrolet changed that wheel as well to a smaller one.

I don't know what it is with first year steering wheels but GM seems to make them based on a radius meant for a truck, not a sports car !

The 2010-2011 look would be fine if it felt like the 2012-2014 wheel.
Eich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 02:46 PM   #27
hypercarfanatic

Drives: 2013 F-150
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeair042 View Post
Major overhaul needed on the interior. Current interior looks like Rubbermaid put it together. Too much plastic, too much empty space, just nothing that makes you say "wow, this is a nice interior." Challenger has always had (i think) the best interior out of the 3 muscle cars and camaro has had the worst. I don't mind keeping some retro items in the car, but make it look better than just a cheap afterthought.
Very true. I would definitely like to see a move towards a challenger/corvette style interior.

Quote:
You are the GM guru, so I am holding you to this

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94turbolsx View Post
I just want a thoroughly modern and simple interior. Time for a fresh approach, no more retro.
HEAR THIS MAN

No more retro. Bring on the fully modern, lcd display for everything. Enough with the "throwbacks"
hypercarfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 04:58 PM   #28
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeair042 View Post
Major overhaul needed on the interior. Current interior looks like Rubbermaid put it together. Too much plastic, too much empty space, just nothing that makes you say "wow, this is a nice interior." Challenger has always had (i think) the best interior out of the 3 muscle cars and camaro has had the worst. I don't mind keeping some retro items in the car, but make it look better then just a cheap afterthought.
Lol... This is the first time I ever heard that the challenger had the best interior! Lol... most past up the challenger because of the bland and all black boring interior. And I guess you're the first to not like the Camaro retro interior because the Camaro has won best interior! The sales show what everyone likes which is the Camaro! There's always someone that don't like something but more love it!