Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 06-07-2014, 09:30 PM   #1
Fiveg56

Drives: -
Reviewed: Hydro-Seal by Surf City Garage

While looking for a replacement to the often sold out Adam’s Quick Sealant, I was asked to try out and review Hydro-Seal by Surf City Garage.
The test vehicle is a daily driver Jeep Patriot. The vehicle paint is in very good condition and was just clayed top to bottom 2 weeks ago. I started by doing a 2-bucket wash and stripping off the sealant that was put on during the last detail.

The directions on the bottle are simple: Wash the car, but do not dry it. Then spray the Hydro-Seal onto the wet panel. Wipe the panel dry with a clean microfiber and then buff the residue off. The product comes out like a pink gel. The spray bottle is of high quality and is easy to use. The product is easy to buff to a shine and can be applied to paint and glass. I was able to do the entire vehicle in about 10 minutes.

The paint is left with a high shine and feels very slick. Water beading is excellent. As with all sealants, the important question is regarding the longevity of the product, which remains to be seen.

One of the downsides of the product is that you end up going through quite a few microfiber towels. I usually dry my cars with a towel specifically made for drying (waffle-weave) and the microfiber towels really suck up and retain water during the process, so you need to switch them out frequently. Additionally, many cars are not ready for sealant after a wash, so the product is best suited for paint that is already in excellent condition.

Overall, I am impressed with the product. It was even faster than the easy-to-use Quick Sealant and easier to apply. I will update with longevity results.

Photo 1: Product Bottles
Photo 2: Paint after strip wash
Photo 3: Paint after treatment with Hydro-Seal
Photo 4: Vehicle after treatment with Hydro-Seal
Attached Images

Last edited by Fiveg56; 06-07-2014 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Typo
Fiveg56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 10:54 PM   #2
camaro2ssblack

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS - Black on Black
Nice review.