Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Thread Closed

Old 12-05-2017, 03:48 PM   #869
SSfriendly
Banned

Drives: Looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
Why have the mods let this thread get so stupid?

Come on guys...competition is good.

So the new GT is improved, I would hope it would be after a few years behind. It seems like they will be neck on neck on average in a straight line (M6 to M6 I do think the SS will have a slight advantage though).
I'm curious to see what improvements have been with the M6. The old GT had built in torque management that bogs the car after a launch. With the new twin disc clutch and gearing, I wonder if they have mellowed down the nannies on the M6.
Old 12-05-2017, 03:49 PM   #870
jmackisback

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
I hope there isn't a maximum user amount for these forums, because with the flood of Crustang fanboys coming in recently it is going to get reached quickly.
We get it, your new GT is a world beater, blah blah blah. Very few are impressed over here yet you guys continue to beat a dead horse. Perhaps your energy would be better spent discussing how insanely great the new car is on your own forums. Just a thought.

1987 Camaro V6
1988 Camaro IROC Z
1993 Camaro Z28
1999 Camaro SS
2017 Camaro SS
Old 12-05-2017, 03:59 PM   #871
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmackisback View Post
I hope there isn't a maximum user amount for these forums, because with the flood of Crustang fanboys coming in recently it is going to get reached quickly.
We get it, your new GT is a world beater, blah blah blah. Very few are impressed over here yet you guys continue to beat a dead horse. Perhaps your energy would be better spent discussing how insanely great the new car is on your own forums. Just a thought.
Lol.

Things were waaaay worse on Camaro5. When the 2013 GT500 came out there was a thread that was literally hundreds of pages long.
Old 12-05-2017, 04:26 PM   #872
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSfriendly View Post
Please do tell where anyone in here posted that a tune/tire MY18 will "smoke" a ZL1 or Z06?

I will say, Lunds tune/tire combo smokes BlaqWholes ZL1, but for entirely different reasons.

In the grand scheme of things, so far it looks like a MY18 tune/tire at the very least keeps up with stock ZL1s (using this forums fast list as a guide). This isn't speculation, this is strictly going by the numbers.
The funny thing is that you say it about my car and my car only...and the reason is because I've gotten under your skin and this is the only way for you to get back at me. You think if you keep saying it then it'll get some reaction or agitate me. Yet when you really think about it, tune, tires, and E85 and running an 11.3 would also make it faster than a GT350R...which is more expensive than my ZL1 right? Oh but you use the excuse that the R is not meant for drag racing. Ok so that time is also faster than what most Hellcats have done bone stock on the stock tires. Also faster than what some GTRs have done, faster than what some Z06s, ZR1s...I'd name more Ford products but there aren't any that are impressive so I can't.

Anyway you're claiming that I should be embarrassed about my 11.8 as compared to an 11.3 on a modded tuned car. My friend in his supercharged S550 GT on DRs ran mid 11s. My friend in his supercharged 6th Gen SS ran low to mid 11s on DRs. I've seen S197 Roush GTs, 800 hp built F150s, and plenty other high HP cars out at my track running in the mid 11s. One guy in a modded CTS-V sedan on DRs was doing an 11.1 with a bat-out-of-hell launch. Mind you, these are cars being run in NJ in the Summer at Old Bridge Raceway. Temps on the nights I have been there were in the 70s-90s. DA has been in the 600s-1000 on the nights I ran. Now if you know anything about cars and racing, then you know that your statements are designed with no real intelligence and are simply to troll. It would be equivalent to someone with a Honda Civic saying his modded car can beat a GT and therefore that makes his car better and GT owners should be embarrassed.

So again, I ask you to put up what you drive and your time slips. It is relevant to the conversation and your refusal proves that it is. If you have a fast car and time slips then that proves you are trolling. If you don't then that shows you're simply ignorant of the subject of racing and are talking out your ass. Or perhaps you have some car that I could point right back at you for being slower than an 11.3. You don't have to post up anything, but doing so is a lose lose for you. The second you do is the second you lose all your credibility and get exposed. Now out of all the things I said and asked and accused you of and all the insults to the GT that you and your buddies replied to, THIS is the one thing that you refuse to answer. You and all your buddies as well. One guy did say he had a supercharged and modded GT that does 11.5 so I'll have to find that post before he searches for it and edits the hell out of it.

Anyway, here is the comment on my run back when I did my 11.8 and it is unedited...well I edited it way back in July...my post includes details of my run and exactly how I did it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I have another new best...submitted for category 8

Tires used on the pass: Stock
Performance Mods (if any):Roto-Fab CAI, Katech PTB

R/T.......... ..695
60'............. 2.098
330'........... 5.324
660'........... 7.882
660’ mph... 97.44
1000'.......... 10.040
1320'.......... 11.869
1320’ mph… 121.27
Name of the track:Old Bridge Raceway
Date of pass: 7/5/17
Weather conditions: 1235

This was with TC off, SC on, suspension in Track mode, steering in Sport mode, and exhaust in Track mode. No burn out and rolling off the idle.

Thanks!!
I will back it up with a video that you can time stamp. I also have the PDR which I believe is time stamped so you can back it up with the date/time on my slips to see it is authentic. And so you can see exactly how I did my run both from inside the car and from being videoed outside. If you're still troll enough to compare a max effort all out DR'd GT run to mine and claim the GT is faster because of that then it will be obvious that you sir are a troll. BTW, this was my third time out in my GT. I had been to the track twice previously and got 2 good runs with 1 bad run each time. So this was my 7th run. I have not been back to the track since then because of weather, work schedule, and day to day life. Well I did go once in my HC but I left because it was a 3 hour wait. Anyway this is post #963 in the dragstrip subforum. My other posts are around that same page. I listed full details on my runs there. Go check it out.

So again, post up what you have and include your screen name with the date and time. Post up any time slips and include your screen name and the time. And if any other of you Mustang trolls on here or from M6G wants to question me then post up your shit and let's talk. And the next racing season is right around the corner. If you'd like to test your theory that an 18 GT with E85 tune and DRs can beat me then I would welcome you to go get one, mod it, and then show up. I'll be out there. And again, post your shit up. If you have all this shit to say about drag racing and who should be faster than who and what should be doing this or that then you can surely tell us what you own and what you have done.
Old 12-05-2017, 04:28 PM   #873
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Here is a pic of my time slip as can be seen in post 963 of the drag strip sub-forum. I included a detailed list of that run and the conditions.
Attached Images

Old 12-05-2017, 04:37 PM   #874
SSfriendly
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
The funny thing is that you say it about my car and my car only...and the reason is because I've gotten under your skin and this is the only way for you to get back at me. You think if you keep saying it then it'll get some reaction or agitate me. Yet when you really think about it, tune, tires, and E85 and running an 11.3 would also make it faster than a GT350R...which is more expensive than my ZL1 right? Oh but you use the excuse that the R is not meant for drag racing. Ok so that time is also faster than what most Hellcats have done bone stock on the stock tires. Also faster than what some GTRs have done, faster than what some Z06s, ZR1s...I'd name more Ford products but there aren't any that are impressive so I can't.

Anyway you're claiming that I should be embarrassed about my 11.8 as compared to an 11.3 on a modded tuned car. My friend in his supercharged S550 GT on DRs ran mid 11s. My friend in his supercharged 6th Gen SS ran low to mid 11s on DRs. I've seen S197 Roush GTs, 800 hp built F150s, and plenty other high HP cars out at my track running in the mid 11s. One guy in a modded CTS-V sedan on DRs was doing an 11.1 with a bat-out-of-hell launch. Mind you, these are cars being run in NJ in the Summer at Old Bridge Raceway. Temps on the nights I have been there were in the 70s-90s. DA has been in the 600s-1000 on the nights I ran. Now if you know anything about cars and racing, then you know that your statements are designed with no real intelligence and are simply to troll. It would be equivalent to someone with a Honda Civic saying his modded car can beat a GT and therefore that makes his car better and GT owners should be embarrassed.

So again, I ask you to put up what you drive and your time slips. It is relevant to the conversation and your refusal proves that it is. If you have a fast car and time slips then that proves you are trolling. If you don't then that shows you're simply ignorant of the subject of racing and are talking out your ass. Or perhaps you have some car that I could point right back at you for being slower than an 11.3. You don't have to post up anything, but doing so is a lose lose for you. The second you do is the second you lose all your credibility and get exposed. Now out of all the things I said and asked and accused you of and all the insults to the GT that you and your buddies replied to, THIS is the one thing that you refuse to answer. You and all your buddies as well. One guy did say he had a supercharged and modded GT that does 11.5 so I'll have to find that post before he searches for it and edits the hell out of it.

Anyway, here is the comment on my run back when I did my 11.8 and it is unedited...well I edited it way back in July...my post includes details of my run and exactly how I did it.

I will back it up with a video that you can time stamp. I also have the PDR which I believe is time stamped so you can back it up with the date/time on my slips to see it is authentic. And so you can see exactly how I did my run both from inside the car and from being videoed outside. If you're still troll enough to compare a max effort all out DR'd GT run to mine and claim the GT is faster because of that then it will be obvious that you sir are a troll. BTW, this was my third time out in my GT. I had been to the track twice previously and got 2 good runs with 1 bad run each time. So this was my 7th run. I have not been back to the track since then because of weather, work schedule, and day to day life. Well I did go once in my HC but I left because it was a 3 hour wait. Anyway this is post #963 in the dragstrip subforum. My other posts are around that same page. I listed full details on my runs there. Go check it out.

So again, post up what you have and include your screen name with the date and time. Post up any time slips and include your screen name and the time. And if any other of you Mustang trolls on here or from M6G wants to question me then post up your shit and let's talk. And the next racing season is right around the corner. If you'd like to test your theory that an 18 GT with E85 tune and DRs can beat me then I would welcome you to go get one, mod it, and then show up. I'll be out there. And again, post your shit up. If you have all this shit to say about drag racing and who should be faster than who and what should be doing this or that then you can surely tell us what you own and what you have done.
Gotcha, so instead of admitting that Lunds lightly modded...tune and wheel/tire combo totally kicks your're behind on the dragstrip...you deflect to what supercharged mustangs have run. Classic.

Numbers are numbers man. Think of it this way, Lunds lightly modded MY18GT would have ~ 90ft lead on you at the end of the 1/4 mile. That's 2 buss-lengths for reference.

The funny thing is, these are very reasonably priced mods. No superchargers, no suspension work, no headers or engine modification (besides a tune).

And for the last time, I will not send you my picture...and you have no need to know my shoe size.

Oh, and for the record...even with DA correction Lunds run is still ~.3-.4 faster than your best run with DA correction.
Old 12-05-2017, 05:09 PM   #875
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Gotcha, so instead of admitting that Lunds lightly modded...tune and wheel/tire combo totally kicks your're behind on the dragstrip...you deflect to what supercharged mustangs have run. Classic.

Numbers are numbers man. Think of it this way, Lunds lightly modded MY18GT would have ~ 90ft lead on you at the end of the 1/4 mile. That's 2 buss-lengths for reference.

The funny thing is, these are very reasonably priced mods. No superchargers, no suspension work, no headers or engine modification (besides a tune).

And for the last time, I will not send you my picture...and you have no need to know my shoe size.

Oh, and for the record...even with DA correction Lunds run is still ~.3-.4 faster than your best run with DA correction.
I don't understand the obsession with one guys ZL1 and how he feels about a modded Mustang beating it. You know there are snowmobiles out there that are faster than the Lund tuned car? There are SNOWMOBILES faster than a Hellcat, ZL1, ZO6, SS, GT 500s and everything else. Do you want to drive one to work? Run Auto X with it?

The Lund tuned car ran an impressive time. I'd like to see what the 18 GT does H2H with the SS. But let's drop the assault on individuals.
Old 12-05-2017, 05:30 PM   #876
SSfriendly
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadicus View Post
I don't understand the obsession with one guys ZL1 and how he feels about a modded Mustang beating it. You know there are snowmobiles out there that are faster than the Lund tuned car? There are SNOWMOBILES faster than a Hellcat, ZL1, ZO6, SS, GT 500s and everything else. Do you want to drive one to work? Run Auto X with it?

The Lund tuned car ran an impressive time. I'd like to see what the 18 GT does H2H with the SS. But let's drop the assault on individuals.
I've raced against snowmobiles at the dragstrip. Total asskicking on me...every time!

As for obsession or assault, I'm doing neither. I'm simply applying rebuttals against an individuals angst toward the MY18GT and how un-impressive it is.
Old 12-05-2017, 06:18 PM   #877
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Please do tell where anyone in here posted that a tune/tire MY18 will "smoke" a ZL1 or Z06?

I will say, Lunds tune/tire combo smokes BlaqWholes ZL1, but for entirely different reasons.

In the grand scheme of things, so far it looks like a MY18 tune/tire at the very least keeps up with stock ZL1s (using this forums fast list as a guide). This isn't speculation, this is strictly going by the numbers.
haha, you just did it. Stating a tune only/tire will keep up with a Zl1 or Z06. There are about 15 videos of a stock ss freight training a new '18 GT and we are supposed to believe that a tune/tire GT is now all of a sudden a Zl1 and Z06 world beater? Jeezus fkn christ. haha. You guys crack me up.
Old 12-05-2017, 06:21 PM   #878
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
So do you have time slips?

Or are you posting street racing videos which are expressly forbidden from being posted in this forum?
No time slip needed. The video was right there for everyone to see. I'm just merely trying to figure out how an '18 with a tune and tire is going to even sniff that bumper? No way. No how. That was supposedly a stock '17. So, you are saying 30 more hp and what, 30 more torque is going to close that gap? He had the hit and I fkn stomped on his ass.

I don't need time slips. I live on the streets. Roll racing. This little kid ran his mouth about his GT. I said, run me. He said, all day. This was the result. I didn't even get to 130 and I was ahead by 10 cars.

Again, where is this '18 GT. The all new holy grail of sports cars. Where is it gonna close that gap? It's gonna need a blower, tune, fuel, tires, intake, exhaust. And maybe, maybe he'll run at my rear bumper.
Old 12-05-2017, 06:23 PM   #879
SSfriendly
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
haha, you just did it. Stating a tune only/tire will keep up with a Zl1 or Z06. There are about 15 videos of a stock ss freight training a new '18 GT and we are supposed to believe that a tune/tire GT is now all of a sudden a Zl1 and Z06 world beater? Jeezus fkn christ. haha. You guys crack me up.
It's funny, the proof is right here in this thread and you still don't believe it!

Lund ran a 11.31@124 mph which puts it THIRD on the ZL1 fast list.

Please...oh please pray tell explain how this simple tune/tire MY18 GT doesn't keep up with the ZL1 when in fact, it just did?

This should be interesting.
Old 12-05-2017, 06:29 PM   #880
kttxz06

Quote:
It's funny, the proof is right here in this thread and you still don't believe it!

Lund ran a 11.31@124 mph which puts it THIRD on the ZL1 fast list.

Please...oh please pray tell explain how this simple tune/tire MY18 GT doesn't keep up with the ZL1 when in fact, it just did?

This should be interesting.
I don't care about Lund. haha. It's a hero run with driver mod, ideal air, on a prepped track. And his video was propaganda for the Mustang fanboys to get all worked up on. Which is why we are here now. Dealing with the trolls in full force now saying a tune/tire 18 will somehow, someway freight train a zl1 and z06.

As mentioned earlier. Mag testing will come back 12.4 at best. With the average being 12.5-12.6.

Run that same car in Houston during peak summer and it's a 12.9/13 second car.

We can go round and round all day.

I posted my video. Nobody can answer how an '18 is going to close that gap? Nobody. You think tune and fuel only will run me down? hahahahahahaha. Stop it.
Old 12-05-2017, 06:31 PM   #881
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
Why have the mods let this thread get so stupid?
I gave people 1 chance yesterday afternoon. Guess I shouldn't have. Now I've got a mess to clean up.

Thread closed
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum

Closed Thread