Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 02-15-2018, 12:34 PM   #1
RedHot18

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Track alignment tire wear

Am getting ready to spring for a set of Sport Cup 2's and was wondering if anyone is running the track alignment spec's of -2 front and -1.5 rear and driving their car on the road as a part time daily driver? I'm worried that the negative camber will kill my new tires quickly on the inside. Right now I'm tracking my car once a month usually at Sebring. The OEM tires have been OK and I'm still running factory alignment. Have 5500 miles on tires though they will be toast after one more track outing.
RedHot18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 12:56 PM   #2
LiqTenExp

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Going to tell you right now from my experience that the wear the track will put on the outside of the tires will much more significant than the inside wear you may accumulate driving on the street.

Any other experienced track drivers please correct me but after a few sessions up at Lime Rock that is my experience with stock tires.
Old 02-15-2018, 01:11 PM   #3
Homey Da Clown

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 Vert
Once a month on Fridays I put -2.3 front and stock rear for auto x. Mondays I put back to factory stock. Sorry haven't run street with -2.3 camber so can't answer your question on inside wear.
Homey Da Clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 01:20 PM   #4
Provoste

Drives: E46 S54 race car, 964C2
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiqTenExp View Post
Going to tell you right now from my experience that the wear the track will put on the outside of the tires will much more significant than the inside wear you may accumulate driving on the street.

Any other experienced track drivers please correct me but after a few sessions up at Lime Rock that is my experience with stock tires.
This. I run -3.0 up front all the time. I drove to/from VIR 1600 mile round trip, and have about 4k street miles on my RE71R's. Wearing dead even across tread face.
Provoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 10:03 AM   #5
Tim202

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
On my old car (STI) I kept the camber maxed (had plates) the whole time and didn't notice any real difference in wear.

I think the biggest tire killer is toe (in or out), way more than camber.
Tim202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 10:24 AM   #6
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
This past summer I left the car in track mode for most of the time for 5500 miles. -2.7º camber....ever so slight toe out. Two track days an and autocross were in there, too. The inside edge of the front tires got rubbed down to the cords.

This season, I'm going to have the car aligned precisely...see how that goes.