Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 02-26-2016, 04:35 PM   #1
BlackenedRR

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE, Recaros, NPP
And ANOTHER New 1LE Owner!!! Black 2SS/RS 1LE

Well this is a bit of a dramatic saga about a young boy and his lust of a car! Ok, so the young boy is really damn near 40 and it's not really a saga, but it's my story so I can say what I want!!!

It started out a few weeks ago when I began searching for used '14 or '15 2SS/RS 1LEs. Call it timing, bad luck or a sign from some deity, but every car I found that twisted my right nipple (only the right, I lost my left nipple to another Camaro in the late '90s, but that's another story or another time...) was gone before I could even make contact with the sellers.

Fast forward to early last week when an innocent search of dealer inventories within 500 miles of Fort Worth uncovered a new 2015 2SS/RS 1LE with Recaros and NPP, navigation, and no damn sunroof or goofy interior lighting sitting in Oklahoma City. I go to my local dealer and get some preliminary numbers and get them to set up a dealer trade, call my credit union to check financing and all lights are green. But wait!!!!!!!! The dealer in OK City says the car is sold when my dealer calls. So being the untrusting, somewhat smartass of an individual that I am, I call the dealer. Their sales rep says "Yeah, it's ready to go! Come get it tonight!" Needless to say, somewhere there was a mix up between departments and the car was indeed sold, and before I ever even found it online. A little more searching and all the new 1LEs in my area that I could find were missing this option, added that option, wrong color, yadda yadda yadda. My dealer checked 1,000 miles out and found a few that were close to what I wanted but no dealer they contacted wanted to do a trade. I contemplated flying out of state and buying one in MO that was only missing the Recaros but that dealer called me and told me they sold it right before I bought my plane ticket. So I gave up, drove my ass down to the Ford dealership that my dad works for and started looking at Mustangs. I figured with the employee discount I'd get on a Ford it just might make a GT350 somewhat reasonable. Well the price came down enough, but not enough to make the Mustang look less ugly to me.

And that brings me to this past Wednesday. I get home from work around 2am and just for giggles I punch in my desired options for a Camaro in a used car search and BAM!!!!!!! A used 2015 Black 2SS/RS with Recaros, NPP, NAV and NO DAMN SUNROOF pops up in Georgetown, TX about 200 miles from me. I wake up early on Wed morning and call the dealership as soon as they open. They say it's available, no deals being worked on it at this time. Yep, I put down a deposit to lock it up, they fax the numbers to my credit union and everything checks out! I picked up a rental car yesterday afternoon, abused the hell out of it on my way south, handed the dealership a check and FINALLY, I have my 1LE!!!!!

There ya have it, my little story of how I finally got my 1LE. And since I can't make a thread without pics, here ya go!!!!

BlackenedRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 04:40 PM   #2
BlackenedRR

I'll get more pics later, right now I'm having too much fun driving!!!
Old 02-26-2016, 05:24 PM   #3
PapaKlutch

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS/1LE
As you know, "I Got a 1LE" posts are useless without pics....so, job well done! :-)

Congrats on the 1LE and welcome to the forum!
Old 02-26-2016, 05:26 PM   #4
tad024

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE (Sold)
Congrats, looks great. If you were considering blue I just bought mine 2 weeks ago from Lewisville TX and also had to make a haul to get there but it is so very much worth it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 02-26-2016, 05:39 PM   #5
BlackenedRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveZ28 View Post
As you know, "I Got a 1LE" posts are useless without pics....so, job well done! :-)

Congrats on the 1LE and welcome to the forum!
Thanks! I've been on here for a short time, lurking and learning. After the "new to me" feeling wears off I'll start planning mods...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tad024 View Post
Congrats, looks great. If you were considering blue I just bought mine 2 weeks ago from Lewisville TX and also had to make a haul to get there but it is so very much worth it.

Black was always my first choice, white was a distant second. Not that I don't like the other colors, but those two are the only ones that did it for me. Too bad I didn't want blue, Lewisville isn't far from me at all.
Old 02-26-2016, 05:41 PM   #6
tad024

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE (Sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackenedRR View Post
Thanks! I've been on here for a short time, lurking and learning. After the "new to me" feeling wears off I'll start planning mods...

Black was always my first choice, white was a distant second. Not that I don't like the other colors, but those two are the only ones that did it for me. Too bad I didn't want blue, Lewisville isn't far from me at all.
Glad you didn't want blue so I could get mine

Old 02-26-2016, 05:45 PM   #7
ROW DAWG 1LE

Drives: Summit White 2015 1LE 2SS/RS
That's awesome man. I went through a similar experience. Only difference is that I went to the bank first and got approved so I could be ready to shoot when I found the right car. I ended up buying a car out of Illinois brand new, sight unseen, and I'm in Washington so I had to have it shipped. The only thing I didn't get was recaros..but I've come to grips with that now.
ROW DAWG 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 10:05 PM   #8
hkittrell

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS/RS 1LE
Nice
hkittrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 12:20 AM   #9
1LEee

Drives: 15' CRT Camaro 2SS/1LE/RS
Congrats! Welcome to the club!
1LEee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 09:25 AM   #10
bsquared62

Drives: 2014 SS LS3
Looks fantastic. I just bought a white one on Monday and can't be more excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bsquared62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 10:23 AM   #11
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1SS/1LE
Looks awesome, welcome and enjoy!!
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

ADM LSA Stage II, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler, BC Racing ER Series CO's, JPSS 32mm Black Magic rear bar, JPSS front inserts, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, Schroth ASM harness, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, Tuned by NicD, at Cordes Performance Racing.
Olddudesrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 02:24 PM   #12
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Beautiful looking ride, enjoy, and welcome the the black 1LE club!!
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 03:34 PM   #13
hlyshft

Drives: 1LE VS Boss (It's a family feud)
Very sinister... gorgeous!

Sounds like you worked hard to get that one as well. I hope you enjoy every mile of it and don't be afraid to drive it like you did that rental, it will take it and ask for more. Lol

Quote:
Well the price came down enough, but not enough to make the Mustang look less ugly to me.
Ha
hlyshft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 08:11 PM   #14
Texas_RS

Drives: 2013 1LE/SS
Nice! I'm in Fort Worth as well, check out the local club when you get a chance, lonestarcamaro on fb! We have about 5 1le's in the club! Actually two guys drove to MO from Arlington just to pick up a 1le a few months ago lol.
Current mods: Stainless Power Long Tube Headers,Cat Delete,CAI Cold Air Intake,Vitesse throttle controller, Muffler/Resonator Delete w/dual tips. ADM Performance Tuned,BMR 1.25 lowering springs,R1 Concept Slotted/Dimpled Rotors.
Texas_RS is offline   Reply With Quote