Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-12-2017, 08:22 AM   #57
2K16SummitSS
Resident Land Surveyor

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS - Summit White M6
Wow that blue one is nicely done! Can't wait to see yours!
2001 NBM Trans Am WS6, Wifey's Grocery Getter - Torquer V2 cam, Racetronix Fuel Pump, Yank 3000 Stall, Transgo 1-2 kit, TSP LTs, Magnaflow, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTIIs, Ed Wright tuned
2K16SummitSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 09:09 AM   #58
Dustya

Drives: Overkill Supercharged 2016 CamaroV6
I cannot even imagine to think the cost on this - So incredible Love it.
Dustya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 10:34 AM   #59
RobertSmith

Drives: Mitsubishi Evolution X
The Trans Am was always the more exciting of the pair. Its good to see other remember the reactions T/A's used to get.
RobertSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 10:38 AM   #60
RobertSmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by COmaro View Post
There are a whole lot of Pontiac fans out there who would buy a "Pontiac" Trans Am if GM would make one. They sold over 100K Trans Ams (over 210K Firebirds total) in ONE year back in 1979, and the Firebird was more expensive than the Camaro. Honestly, if GM had been smart, they would have created a special performance division during the crisis to make the Camaro, Corvette, and Firebird/Trans Am, plus keep the Solstice alive, too. I know, 20/20 hindsight.

I'm serious, overall sales would be way better for GM right now, because whether younger people know it or not, or like it or not, the Firebird was considered to be a more upscale and middle-class car, while the Camaro was associated with rednecks and mullets. Old images die hard, and while people on here may have a more recent view of things, I guarantee the majority of the buying public still has those images. I'm sure GM knows this, too, but politically and organizationally, they can't get something like this to happen.

With the mid-engine Corvette, no one knows for sure what happens to the current model. I think GM should create a new division, move both Corvettes and the Camaro there, start making a Trans Am package again, and allow Cadillac/Buick dealers to sell the performance line, too.

Think about it, instead of a nebulous "1LE" package that no one but Chevy history buffs care about, they could save those goodies for a Trans Am that has Firebird styling cues. Go ahead and let the ZL1 be a Camaro. Or, make the "1LE" a Formula, and make the upcoming Z/28 package have an equivalent Trans Am version. You could even let the Z/28 have whatever V8 is going to go in there, and have a Trans Am with the 3.6L TT engine from the ATS-V, which sells only a few thousand per year.

The fifth Gen version of the "Trans Am" hit most of the buttons, but you really need the engine turned dash with unique gauges, and the unique steering wheel, things that would be easy for GM to do. Then, like the custom version, you absolutely must have the shaker, the fender vents, the rounded spoiler, and the screaming chicken, along with the Pontiac looking front fascia and slotted taillights.
Very true about the relative market of the two.
If there was only one Pontiac and it was the Trans Am, it would start to outsell all the iterations of the Camaro.
Old 04-12-2017, 10:41 AM   #61
jreagle56

Drives: 2022 2SS A10 NPP MRC Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertSmith View Post
The Trans Am was always the more exciting of the pair. Its good to see other remember the reactions T/A's used to get.
Brings back memories of tearing up the streets with the distinctive roar of the Pontiac T/A 400 (6.6L) and 4bbl carb, with the plate removed from the shaker scoop and dual free flow exhaust....... loved that car!
jreagle56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 10:51 AM   #62
RobertSmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreagle56 View Post
Brings back memories of tearing up the streets with the distinctive roar of the Pontiac T/A 400 (6.6L) and 4bbl carb, with the plate removed from the shaker scoop and dual free flow exhaust....... loved that car!
Whatever the personality of the person driving the car, attention seeker or not, everyone always looked at the T/A's. And that attention part is a key part of the muscle car aura. Styling cues like the screaming chicken are loud, but how many people went without it?

And let's not forget, the 70's Trans Am carried the performance banner when just about everyone else dropped it. It was the alpha dog.
Old 04-12-2017, 11:23 AM   #63
camaromike77

Drives: S O L D
Oh man!!!!!!!!!!!I can't wait for the reveal of this BEAUTY...... I saw a YouTube video of a conversion........... GORGEOUS!! ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!!!!!
Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
camaromike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 12:15 PM   #64
sbindley

Drives: 2013 Pontiac Trans Am
Couple hints. My car is all black with t-tops, gold Trans Am lettering, gold bird, and gold snowflake wheels (same wheels as on C5 version TA's). I am leaning toward the same wheels as the blue car, but with gold centers -- they are a fairly cool, updated version of the theme. Also, the tires have white lettering as an old school nod.

I don't even know what is on my shaker hood, script-wise. The car has headers, cats and a Magnacharger installed by J&R Performance. Open to ideas:

"6.2 S/C"

Anything else?

I have not seen the interior yet, but it was a Kalihari from the factory, so I assume there are Firebird accents on the seats and door panels, etc.

Can't wait to see and drive. For sure, I look forward to the t-tops providing a less claustrophobic feeling.

Full press coverage tomorrow, and if anyone is in New York, you can check it out in person starting on Friday.
sbindley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 08:34 AM   #65
camaromike77

Drives: S O L D
Anxiously awaiting..........
Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
camaromike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 09:36 AM   #66
Aboynamedsue

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaromike77 View Post
Anxiously awaiting..........
Same here. :-)
Old 04-13-2017, 09:44 AM   #67
HyperBlueX2

Drives: '22 Silverado 2500HD Duramax LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbindley View Post
Couple hints. My car is all black with t-tops, gold Trans Am lettering, gold bird, and gold snowflake wheels (same wheels as on C5 version TA's). I am leaning toward the same wheels as the blue car, but with gold centers -- they are a fairly cool, updated version of the theme. Also, the tires have white lettering as an old school nod.

I don't even know what is on my shaker hood, script-wise. The car has headers, cats and a Magnacharger installed by J&R Performance. Open to ideas:

"6.2 S/C"

Anything else?

I have not seen the interior yet, but it was a Kalihari from the factory, so I assume there are Firebird accents on the seats and door panels, etc.

Can't wait to see and drive. For sure, I look forward to the t-tops providing a less claustrophobic feeling.

Full press coverage tomorrow, and if anyone is in New York, you can check it out in person starting on Friday.
Sounds like a Bandit.....
Old 04-13-2017, 10:40 AM   #68
sbindley

Couple of shots from their FB page.
Attached Images

Old 04-13-2017, 11:25 AM   #69
sbindley

Some more info -- hood, nose, rear are all carbon fiber. The t-tops are actually glass, which is a first for the TAD brand. Press conference just completed, so full coverage should start hitting online soon.

More photos:
Attached Images

Old 04-13-2017, 11:29 AM   #70
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Dam that is so sick!!!! Gonna take some shots when i get to the auto show Monday for sure!!!
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote